Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 07:28 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,228,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Come on---what can a kid buy with a dollar? Sure, I got a quarter, but then that would buy me admission to the movies, or a box of buttered popcorn, at least something
As has already been discussed, the point isn't to run out and spend it right away. They lose a lot of teeth, get allowance, birthday money. They add it to the pot or buy a cookie at school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
We've been out of the tooth fairy game for a while, but our going rate was $1 during the years 2000-2008(?).

Although our son once lost a tooth in Canada, and because of the exchange rate the Canadian Tooth Fairy brought him a Toonie ($2 coin).
Thanks for your concern. I doubt you know how old my kids are or how long ago the tooth fairy started coming.

On the first page alone, 4 people said the going rate is $1, soooooo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 11:53 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,060,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Because we have to make up some story about why the TF brings that kid $20 and you only $1.
I got a few quarters, maybe a $1 for each tooth. My best friend in elementary school got little presents, usually figurines and music boxes. I never questioned the differences. I got what I got, and she got what she got. I never cared.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:08 AM

37,158 posts, read 42,302,670 times
I got mixed change when I was little (whatever nickels and dimes my parents had around that night!) and my kids usually got a quarter. While they are young and offering up teeth to the tooth fairy kids really didn't need money of their own anyway. For us the fun was in believing in a tooth fairy!

Old 11-25-2015, 12:43 AM

423 posts, read 337,607 times
I usually got a quarter back in the prehistoric days.........once our puppies had teeth that fell out and I was telling my aunt about it, so a few weeks later I found 2 silver dollars for the puppies teeth.....obviously my aunt let that tooth fairy know how much teeth are Worth!

Old 02-03-2016, 06:39 AM

41 posts, read 30,100 times
That is rediculous. Tell them that the tooth fairy was broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting