Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 02:13 PM

8,220 posts, read 16,732,556 times

Advertisements

Tiffany,

We were here for two weeks in May (just returned) and we got to experience great weather! I actually like a mixture of rain, clouds, blue sky and sun. And that is what we had. While in Brookings it actually got hot (80s)!

When we arrived in Colorado Springs I was actually missing the clouds. It is really too bright here for us especially with the high altitude (6500') sun which is a lot more intense. The clouds are more relaxing especially when doing a lot of driving.

Oh and we got a ton of wildflowers along the coast as well. We drove from Seaside to Brookings. An awesome trip all together and a great time to go for us. We checked out a lot of Portland neighborhoods and really liked the West side near West Linn and the rivers.

Also Coos Bay was really nice especially along the coast. Cape Argo and Shore Acres - gorgeous coastline! I 'll post more pics of the coast on the Oregon board once I process them. I took quite a few (thousands actually). Thanks again for all your help and good tips on things to see and do. And yes we are still thinking of moving to Oregon, even more so now.

- Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 05:40 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,055,711 times
okay, i got a few pics up, theyre in the Oregon thread....under Couple Pics on the Ore. Coast....
Tiff

Old 05-26-2008, 08:03 PM

7 posts, read 34,520 times
Looks like you found the Camassia nature area MtSurfer! One of my favorite places. We just bought a house right up the road within walking distance of it.

I'm glad you all enjoyed your trip and came away with some ideas of where you would like to settle. Good luck to you and your family and keep us updated!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:34 AM

356 posts, read 1,129,964 times
I just got back from a vacation to Portland with my hubby and son. We absolutely LOVED it. My husband's aunt took us to Lincoln City and Newport and it was awesome. We certainly don't have seals in Nashville. The coast was so different than the warm Atlantic but that doesn't dissuade the young folks from swimming. Our kid went in head first. We had plans that fell through last year to move to Montana, and one week in Portland has completely altered our thinking about where we want to live. There is no question in my mind that we will move to Oregon next year, granting an upcoming back surgery has a positive outcome. Keep those beautiful pictures coming! You folks are so lucky to live there....... who cares if it rains? We sweat 9 months out of the year here.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:02 PM

8,220 posts, read 16,732,556 times
Ok guys/gals,

I finally finished processing all of my images from our trip out there this May. So I will post some Portland/Gorge shots here. You can the my coastal shots in the Oregon forum which I posted in as well. I must say that our visit out there exceeded our expectations in almost every way, especially with regards to the beauty of the State and city of Portland.

Here one from the Japanese Gardens:

Some Rhododendrons near the Rose Gardens in Washington Park. These flowers and many more are everywhere throughout the city:

Here is just one of the many examples of just how GREEN it is right now. We have never seen so many shades of green in our lives - road to the Gorge:

One from Bridal Veil Falls:

It seems like people in Portland and Oregon in general are really into their gardens. It must be really nice to have such great weather for all the flowers that grow wild and in people's own gardens as well.

- Derek

Old 06-08-2008, 03:00 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,482,399 times
I'm really so glad you enjoyed it here. Like I said, you will never tire of all there is to see...as an aside did you know there was a hot springs resort very close by (in Washington). Please come back, when you have more time to go exploring. I'm sure you'll get many suggestions as to what to see & where to go! I think you would love seeing & photographing Hood River when the sailing competitions are being held. Well, thanks for such beautiful pics

Old 06-08-2008, 10:56 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,055,711 times
Id really like to see Derek come back and get some pics of the Wallowa area....I think its hauntingly beautiful and Id love to see his photogenic take on it...
but til then, i remain in awe of the pictures he is sharing...

Old 06-08-2008, 11:01 AM

1,310 posts, read 6,562,426 times
Good posts and I agree with Tiff and SeeBee. I have learned alot just by looking at those amazing photos.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 4 days ago)

8,820 posts, read 21,302,909 times
Good posts and I agree with Tiff and SeeBee. I have learned alot just by looking at those amazing photos.

Isn't it a beautiful place, deegers?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-15-2008, 08:15 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,562,426 times
Yes, yes, of course Nancy! It's almost addicting. You of course should know from now personal experience. CAre to share any photos of your own???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland