Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,162 times

Advertisements

Estelle is my wife's middle name. Aryana is just a unique name and I didn't give her the middle name which doesn't fit she has my sense of grace lol...

Lorenzo was my grandfathers first name and he died 3 months to the day prior to my son being born

June is both my mothers middle name and my wife's grandmothers first name

So far each kid besides Aryana has a name associated with the family somehow.

I keep going between Savanah and Brooklyn for a girl...but its 8 months away so got plenty of time lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
One of my cousins has a Maine coon cat named "Bentley". Big, very sweet kitty-boy.

I think "Bentley" suits a cat much better than a child...unless it's an old family name.

I'd suggest doing a little family research and finding an ancestral surname (or given name) that you like and that hasn't been used for a while by either your extended family or the general public. It's nice that your older children have family names.

As I've posted elsewhere, watch out for awkward initials which unintentionally spell a word you may not want to have applied to your child.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:58 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Estelle is my wife's middle name. Aryana is just a unique name and I didn't give her the middle name which doesn't fit she has my sense of grace lol...

Lorenzo was my grandfathers first name and he died 3 months to the day prior to my son being born

June is both my mothers middle name and my wife's grandmothers first name

So far each kid besides Aryana has a name associated with the family somehow.

I keep going between Savanah and Brooklyn for a girl...but its 8 months away so got plenty of time lol...
Well, there you go!

Any particular reason you like Savanah (not Savannah?) and Brooklyn?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 PM

606 posts, read 1,606,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
...Of course, I like Luna too (as mentioned by a previous poster) because I adore that character in Harry Potter. Maybe better suited for a new cat though. ...
That's funny. We were going to name our daughter Luna, but then we found out that our daughter was actually going to be a boy; so we instead named our female puppy Luna LOL

Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 PM

225 posts, read 344,641 times
The cutest *baby* I've seen (other than mine, obviously), was a 6 mos. old named, "Dustin."

There was a poor child at my kid's school named Bret Michaels. Sure, he was a rocker his MOM liked, but he can't stand [his own?] music. I give my children common names, but spell them uniquely. For instance -> Evin (pronounced Evan).

Be creative, select something with an *if* to it. I was feeling sorry for myself and complained to a friend that I probably wouldn't get any flowers (I was going to be in for a week), and he disagreed. So, I said, "I'll let the first person to send me flowers decide to how to spell her name. Sara (which I really liked), or Sarah. I had been referring to my [former] husband, or the grandparents.

While I was in bed, waiting for surgery 4 hours early, I received a small bouquet with a great big card: KISS SARA FOR ME!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,148,356 times
You could always recycle some older names, Lola, Cora, Marion, Walter, Royce, etc.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Looking for VERY unique baby names.I have 3 kids so far and they each have a unique first or middle name

I have
Aryana Grace
Ian Lorenzo
Emory June

Not sure what new one is but already looking...
I think "Aryana" is the only unique name here. The others are fairly common, at least well-known by most people, although I'm assuming "Emory" is a girl because you probably wouldn't give a boy the middle name of "June". That's still an ongoing trend, I guess--switching a boy's name to a girl's name.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Waiboi View Post
Xochitl (girl-means flower)
Xocoyotl / Xocoyotzin (girl/boy-means "youngest one")
Cualli (girl/boy-means good)
Latika (girl, idk what it means, saw in movie and liked it )
Esmeralda/Esmeraldo (girl/boy)
Luna (girl, means moon)
Yesenia (girl, i always liked this name)
Dulce (girl, means sweet)
Problem with those names is that the bearer is doomed to a life of no one having the foggiest idea of how to say their names. I guess they could be "X" for short!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
No doubt, I've met many "Brooklyns" since I had my daughter. My daughter has a classic , old lady name - Brooklyn isnt' really my style.

I'd stay away from Bentley myself. Isn't that the name of one of the kids on Teen Mom?
This trendy bit about giving kids car names may end up pegging their ages 20/30/40 years from now.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
Well, there you go!

Any particular reason you like Savanah (not Savannah?) and Brooklyn?
Just sounds good to me...I don't know this time it seems like it's easy picking a name,last time it took 6 months literally to figure a name out we liked. Savannah is good as well I love spelling names differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think "Aryana" is the only unique name here. The others are fairly common, at least well-known by most people, although I'm assuming "Emory" is a girl because you probably wouldn't give a boy the middle name of "June". That's still an ongoing trend, I guess--switching a boy's name to a girl's name.
Yes Emory is a girl My little meatball lol...Its actually a family name for a great great great grandfather I believe....I wish my wife's family had a family genealogy book like mine does to go through...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy