Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times

Advertisements

Looking for VERY unique baby names.I have 3 kids so far and they each have a unique first or middle name

I have
Aryana Grace
Ian Lorenzo
Emory June

Not sure what new one is but already looking...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM

606 posts, read 1,605,444 times
Xochitl (girl-means flower)
Xocoyotl / Xocoyotzin (girl/boy-means "youngest one")
Cualli (girl/boy-means good)
Latika (girl, idk what it means, saw in movie and liked it )
Esmeralda/Esmeraldo (girl/boy)
Luna (girl, means moon)
Yesenia (girl, i always liked this name)
Dulce (girl, means sweet)

Last edited by El_Waiboi; 01-16-2013 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: i thought of some more

Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 PM

Thanks! Those are unique for sure.

Right now we like Brooklyn Estelle for a girl and Bentley Jamison for a boy.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
Not sure where you live, but Brooklyn is not unique in many parts of the country.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM

I live in North Carolina right now.Wife and kids are in West Va I will be joining them next month.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
Not sure where you live, but Brooklyn is not unique in many parts of the country.
No doubt, I've met many "Brooklyns" since I had my daughter. My daughter has a classic , old lady name - Brooklyn isnt' really my style.

I'd stay away from Bentley myself. Isn't that the name of one of the kids on Teen Mom?

Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM

Yeah one of the girls on there has a kid with that name.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Yeah one of the girls on there has a kid with that name.
There you go, that would be reason enough for me to keep looking. I've only caught that show a few times while channel surfing and that's my first thought.....

Just wondering why you are looking for "very unique" names? Very unique names are something I reserve for my cats, LOL. They don't have to pass the "resume test"

Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 PM

Well I guess not very unique just something I like and you don't hear EVERY day....

Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Well I guess not very unique just something I like and you don't hear EVERY day....
I would not go with Brooklyn then. I know quite a few, and it's not all that unusual. Estelle is unusual. Not sure if I like it, but you didn't ask that. I agree about steering clear of Bentley if one of these dumb reality "stars" has it as her kid's name.

Personally, I think names that mean something to the parents are best. A common trend where I grew up is to have someone's last name in the kid's name. For example, one girl named her son Sullivan because that's her maiden name. Another girl named her son Smith (I don't care for this name in particular) because Smith was her grandmother's maiden name. I know a little girl named Anne Parks ___ because her mom's grandfather's last name was Parks. This is unusual, but it means something to the folks involved. I know another couple that named their baby Ruby after his grandmother. My friend did something I hate, but it's unusual. They took the father's name, mooshed it and got the kid's name: Calan. Dad is C. Alan.

I think there are ways to create names or use names so that there is some meaning, but this is my hang up not yours. I love the idea of Cady for a girl, named for Elizabeth Cady Stanton, who is a big hero of mine. Of course, I like Luna too (as mentioned by a previous poster) because I adore that character in Harry Potter. Maybe better suited for a new cat though.

Of course, you can always do what another couple I know does: name your kid after a celebrity you like. They used Evangeline after Evangeline Lily's name for one kid and some guy I never heard of for their son's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy