Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 08:48 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,590,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yes, I have two grand kids, 10 and 6 from my daughter.

That’s awesome Rose!

Quote:
Hopefully your nausea will go away. If it doesn't, the pregnancy will seem very long but you will eventually forget it when you get your baby.

Thank you. A ginger root smoothie in the morning has been helping a lot. We left on Saturday to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary the last couple of days..(it was officially yesterday)…and, I just had 2 ginger chews a couple of times each day. It wasn’t bad at all. We had a beautiful 3 day weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 04:03 AM

23,878 posts, read 33,601,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
That’s awesome Rose!

Thank you. A ginger root smoothie in the morning has been helping a lot. We left on Saturday to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary the last couple of days..(it was officially yesterday)…and, I just had 2 ginger chews a couple of times each day. It wasn’t bad at all. We had a beautiful 3 day weekend.

Sounds very nice.

Life will drastically change once you give birth. Hopefully grand parents will baby sit so you two can get away every now and then. Those first few years can be rough due to not getting a good nights sleep.

Old 05-01-2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Sounds very nice.

Life will drastically change once you give birth. Hopefully grand parents will baby sit so you two can get away every now and then. Those first few years can be rough due to not getting a good nights sleep.

Thank you Rose! We already have that figured out! My parents live about an hour away AND my husband’s brother & sister in law are like an hour in the other direction.

Old 05-12-2023, 11:23 AM

A little update. The fresh ginger in my morning smoothie was helping a lot…but yesterday & today, the nausea is so much worse. I’ve been vomiting too. I’m worried since I can’t keep anything down.

Did anyone have morning sickness this bad? What did you or your doctor do in your situation if it continued?

Old 05-15-2023, 10:21 AM

299 posts, read 225,405 times
Quote:
A little update. The fresh ginger in my morning smoothie was helping a lot…but yesterday & today, the nausea is so much worse. I’ve been vomiting too. I’m worried since I can’t keep anything down.

Did anyone have morning sickness this bad? What did you or your doctor do in your situation if it continued?
I'm at 8wks (having first official dr visit tomorrow) and the morning sickness has been so intense the last 2 weeks. I've actually lost quite a bit of weight and can barley stand most foods. Meat and anything with a fragrance is completely out unless I want to be sick for the rest of the day.

So far I've tried ginger in the form of tea, raw root for smelling, and adding grated to soups or smoothie. It's been okay on mild days but on really bad ones I lose it anyway.

I've heard keeping your stomach partially full helps. And banana's help me a ton so I've been snacking on banana chips and whole wheat crackers all day. It definitely helps but you can't over snack otherwise the feeling of being overstuffed might undo it all.

Old 05-15-2023, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggznsauce View Post
I'm at 8wks (having first official dr visit tomorrow) and the morning sickness has been so intense the last 2 weeks. I've actually lost quite a bit of weight and can barley stand most foods.

First, congratulations! I’m 11 weeks! Yours is intense early…usually it peaks about 10 or 12 weeks. I hope that’s not a bad sign for you. Be sure to tell your doctor you have been losing “quite a bit of weight” for 2 weeks, that will be an issue they will want to watch closely.

My nausea & vomiting has been really bad only the past few days, but I don’t have quite a bit of weight to lose. My doctor has said she would like to see me gain a few pounds by the end of the 1st trimester. I haven’t tho. So I’m hoping it will pass soon. If it doesn’t, she may prescribe an antiemetic.

Old 05-15-2023, 03:59 PM

9,474 posts, read 5,245,775 times
Quote:
First, congratulations! I’m 11 weeks! Yours is intense early…usually it peaks about 10 or 12 weeks. I hope that’s not a bad sign for you. Be sure to tell your doctor you have been losing “quite a bit of weight” for 2 weeks, that will be an issue they will want to watch closely.

My nausea & vomiting has been really bad only the past few days, but I don’t have quite a bit of weight to lose. My doctor has said she would like to see me gain a few pounds by the end of the 1st trimester. I haven’t tho. So I’m hoping it will pass soon. If it doesn’t, she may prescribe an antiemetic.
When I lived in LA, a friend and I would go to this Chinese market that had ginger slivers with a coating of a chili powder....but it was not very hot at all. It was used, according to them, for nausea and motion and morning sickness. I ate it as a 'snack' because it was delicious.

Wishing you a safe, healthful pregnancy.

Old 05-15-2023, 05:47 PM

299 posts, read 225,405 times
Quote:

Congratulations to you as well! I'm hoping that my weight lose is mainly due to a overall change in my eating habits. Honestly I wasn't keeping the best diet before (lots of fast food and heavy carbs) but since becoming pregnant I've naturally turned to more vegetables and less processed foods. My family thinks it's hilarious I turned into an expert vegetarian overnight. I told them that trying to avoid throwing up the $50+ steak dinner is a great motivation haha.

I know it's very common for women in my family to have morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy And my sisters all had similarly intense morning sickness around 6 weeks so we're not too worried. For now the goal is to just get nutrients and proper hydration. But I'm definitely looking forward to this calming down or at least getting something to curb it.

Old 05-16-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Wishing you a safe, healthful pregnancy.
Quote:
Congratulations to you as well!
Thank you!

Quote:
Honestly I wasn't keeping the best diet before (lots of fast food and heavy carbs) but since becoming pregnant I've naturally turned to more vegetables and less processed foods.
Good for you for making healthy changes! I wish you a safe & healthy pregnancy!

Quote:
I know it's very common for women in my family to have morning sickness throughout the entire pregnancy And my sisters all had similarly intense morning sickness around 6 weeks so we're not too worried. For now the goal is to just get nutrients and proper hydration. But I'm definitely looking forward to this calming down or at least getting something to curb it.
I’ve had it much worse than my mom & worse than any of my friends too. I didn’t mean to imply you should be worried! I am a little just because my doctor wanted me to gain a few pounds by the end of the 1st trimester & I haven’t. I can’t start losing. BUT, I’m looking forward to it calming down too because it has been getting so much worse lately.

Old 05-23-2023, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I'm at 8wks (having first official dr visit tomorrow) and the morning sickness has been so intense the last 2 weeks. I've actually lost quite a bit of weight and can barley stand most foods.

How was your doctor visit? What did they say? I have an appt. tomorrow. I haven’t kept anything down in about 5 days & we are starting to get concerned. I’ve lost 2 or 3# but I don’t have any to lose. My doctor wanted me to gain a few pounds by the end of my 1st trimester.

I’d love to hear your update nuggzsauce!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy