Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 12:11 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

I’ve been having a problem with morning sickness that is getting worse. :nauseated green face emoji:

I have read how fresh ginger root has helped some women. And, ginger chews too. Anybody try it? Did it help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2023, 07:28 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Yup. Also laying on your left side helps a bit.

Old 04-17-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
Yup. Also laying on your left side helps a bit.

Thank you. Which did you try….fresh ginger root or ginger chews? I want something that will help while I’m up. I have been looking at recipes. I’m going to try a strawberry smoothie with ginger. The hard part is making it while I’m feeling so nauseated..so the chews do sound easier but I wonder if they would help as much.

Old 04-19-2023, 10:03 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Thank you. Which did you try….fresh ginger root or ginger chews? I want something that will help while I’m up. I have been looking at recipes. I’m going to try a strawberry smoothie with ginger. The hard part is making it while I’m feeling so nauseated..so the chews do sound easier but I wonder if they would help as much.
Just curious Tasha, are there any trigger smells that make it bad for you?

My worst trigger smells were bacon and peanut butter.

Old 04-19-2023, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Just curious Tasha, are there any trigger smells that make it bad for you?

My worst trigger smells were bacon and peanut butter.

I’ve been so nauseated in the mornings I don’t want food or to smell anything. I haven’t had my overnight oats in a week. It’s better if I can drink breakfast instead of eat. I’ve been having peanut butter & banana smoothies tho…they go down kind of easy, so peanut butter hasn’t been bothering me.

I can’t eat oatmeal or eggs. Tuna is a NO WAY for lunch. I can’t be near anybody eating tuna or fish. I haven’t been able to wear cologne or perfume….or smell it on other ppl.

Old 04-19-2023, 10:53 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
I’ve been so nauseated in the mornings I don’t want food or to smell anything. I haven’t had my overnight oats in a week. It’s better if I can drink breakfast instead of eat. I’ve been having peanut butter & banana smoothies tho…they go down kind of easy, so peanut butter hasn’t been bothering me.

I can’t eat oatmeal or eggs. Tuna is a NO WAY for lunch. I can’t be near anybody eating tuna or fish. I haven’t been able to wear cologne or perfume….or smell it on other ppl.
I hope the morning sickness dissipates for you soon! That part of pregnancy is no fun. lol

Old 04-19-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I hope the morning sickness dissipates for you soon! That part of pregnancy is no fun. lol

Thank you!

Old 04-21-2023, 01:46 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
I’ve been having a problem with morning sickness that is getting worse. :nauseated green face emoji:

I have read how fresh ginger root has helped some women. And, ginger chews too. Anybody try it? Did it help?

I suffered with both of my pregnancies, Rolaids was the only thing that helped.

My daughter will be 30 this summer, my son is almost 40, you'd think they'd find a good solution for being nauseous. Unfortunately you'll have to try different things to see which will work for you.

I also suffered with back pain during my second pregnancy. I saw a chiropractor regularly, especially at the end, I think it helped with my labor being fast.

I was induced July 28th because July 29th was my ex's deceased brothers birthday. He died at 19 saving a girl from drowning. He saved her, the undertow got him. My MIL had a horrible time with depression after losing him. She was thankful I didn't have my daughter on his birthday which could have happened.

They no sooner turned the pitocin on, I was asking for something for pain they said too late, you may not make the delivery room because she's coming out. I think she was such an easy birth because of the chiro adjusting my pelvis to be ready to deliver. I have a few friends who also used a chiro, had a pretty easy birth.

Old 04-21-2023, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I suffered with both of my pregnancies, Rolaids was the only thing that helped.

My daughter will be 30 this summer, my son is almost 40, you'd think they'd find a good solution for being nauseous. Unfortunately you'll have to try different things to see which will work for you.

Thank you Rose! I have tried adding ginger root to my morning smoothies. It helps. And, the ginger chews when I’m away from home…but there’s a limit. My husband gently massages my abdomen in the morning too…it also helps a lot!

I forgot if you have grandkids…do you? My mom is super excited…this will be her first. She said dry toast or crackers helped her. And, a friend I used to work with said fresh scents like a little lemon always helped her.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:57 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Thank you Rose! I have tried adding ginger root to my morning smoothies. It helps. And, the ginger chews when I’m away from home…but there’s a limit. My husband gently massages my abdomen in the morning too…it also helps a lot!

I forgot if you have grandkids…do you? My mom is super excited…this will be her first. She said dry toast or crackers helped her. And, a friend I used to work with said fresh scents like a little lemon always helped her.

Yes, I have two grand kids, 10 and 6 from my daughter. Son wanted at least one but it never happened. He's been with a woman who doesn't want any. He's in his late 30's, she's in her early 30's. I'm hoping she changes her mind.

My son was the first grand kids, he got spoiled but he was a good kid, not a spoiled brat lol

Hopefully your nausea will go away. If it doesn't, the pregnancy will seem very long but you will eventually forget it when you get your baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy