Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 06:06 PM

299 posts, read 224,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
How was your doctor visit? What did they say? I have an appt. tomorrow. I haven’t kept anything down in about 5 days & we are starting to get concerned. I’ve lost 2 or 3# but I don’t have any to lose. My doctor wanted me to gain a few pounds by the end of my 1st trimester.

I’d love to hear your update nuggzsauce!
We had our first ultrasound today and it looks like we're closer to the 8 week mark starting tomorrow. So it's looking like a New Years baby which is exciting! Still getting morning sickness, but it's less throwing up and more queasiness in mornings and when I wake up from my naps. Which im taking a LOT of. By noon I have to lay down and I'm lucky if I'm up again by dinner.

My weight is still down from my starting weight, but the doctor said it was normal especially since I'm earlier. We are going to start me on protein drinks to manage the weight and B6 to try easing my stomach. She also recommended taking Benadryl for my insomnia and said it should keep my morning sickness away.

I definitely would see something about keeping food down. Even on my bad days I was able to absorb food and only expelled extra stomach acid. It's possible your reacting to a smell or environment trigger? We had to change dish soaps and laundry detergent because the citrus smell was setting me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 08:44 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggznsauce View Post
We had our first ultrasound today and it looks like we're closer to the 8 week mark starting tomorrow. So it's looking like a New Years baby which is exciting! Still getting morning sickness, but it's less throwing up and more queasiness in mornings and when I wake up from my naps. Which im taking a LOT of. By noon I have to lay down and I'm lucky if I'm up again by dinner.

You’re lucky the vomiting has stopped….BUT those are super long naps! I feel like I’m missing out on everything because of the nausea & vomiting. I haven’t felt too tired tho. My husband & I have an appt later today.

Is your due date Jan 1? We are due Dec. 3rd.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:21 PM

Quote:
You’re lucky the vomiting has stopped….BUT those are super long naps! I feel like I’m missing out on everything because of the nausea & vomiting. I haven’t felt too tired tho. My husband & I have an appt later today.

Is your due date Jan 1? We are due Dec. 3rd.
We're looking around the 4th-6th but I'm going on again a bit early to double check and lock down the date with a higher tech ultrasound. And I definitely spoke too soon about the morning sickness because I got to spend all day in my bathroom so it looks like I'll be one of those on and off types.

Good luck on the appointment! I hope you can get some help with the morning sickness.

Old 05-25-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
We're looking around the 4th-6th but I'm going on again a bit early to double check and lock down the date with a higher tech ultrasound.

Um..but what did your doctor tell you was your due date? You already had an ultrasound. He wouldn’t expect you to figure it out or lock down a date! You aren’t planning a wedding reception!

Quote:
And I definitely spoke too soon about the morning sickness because I got to spend all day in my bathroom so it looks like I'll be one of those on and off types.
Oh no. Morning sickness is usually better into the 2nd trimester. If it continues you may be diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum. That’s concerning because it puts you at higher risk for preeclampsia & a preterm delivery if it’s severe so I hope you feel better soon. Keep your doctor informed. I wish you a safe & happy pregnancy!

Old 05-26-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Um..but what did your doctor tell you was your due date? You already had an ultrasound. He wouldn’t expect you to figure it out or lock down a date! You aren’t planning a wedding reception!

Oh no. Morning sickness is usually better into the 2nd trimester. If it continues you may be diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum. That’s concerning because it puts you at higher risk for preeclampsia & a preterm delivery if it’s severe so I hope you feel better soon. Keep your doctor informed. I wish you a safe & happy pregnancy!
Well based on my last period it was originally assumed I was due around the 20th of Dec. But the baby was measuring at 6w6d so we're looking at a later date in Jan. Hence waiting for a higher tech ultrasound that could nail down a more accurate due date based on size versus my period date as I've never had super consistent periods so that's a big part of this.

And in terms of the morning sickness they don't have as much concern or consider it extreme. I'm nauseous but actual throwing up is limited to eating food that trigger a reaction (meats, high fatty foods, and particular smells) so as long as I avoid these things I'm pretty stable. Plus I never throw up actual food, it's usually after digestion or due to not eating. My mother and sisters all had identical situations during their whole pregnancies so this is more of a quirk we have versus a serious problem. Just have to keep my belly full of veggies and try avoiding harsh smells.

Old 05-26-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Well based on my last period it was originally assumed I was due around the 20th of Dec. But the baby was measuring at 6w6d so we're looking at a later date in Jan. Hence waiting for a higher tech ultrasound that could nail down a more accurate due date based on size versus my period date as I've never had super consistent periods so that's a big part of this.

Ok, weird. All obstetricians will give you an expected due date. Ours is Dec 3rd. It’s not written in blood…so ofc they may change it, but they always use it as a reference on your chart…especially since you already had an ultrasound.

Old 05-26-2023, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Ok, weird. All obstetricians will give you an expected due date. Ours is Dec 3rd. It’s not written in blood…so ofc they may change it, but they always use it as a reference on your chart…especially since you already had an ultrasound.
Not really that weird I think. Like you said it's a guess and typically made based on the first date of your last period. But in my case that's not a super accurate way due to inconsistent cycles so measurement through ultrasound is best to give a more accurate date.

My first ultrasound was a lower tech belly screen. My next one will be a more precise and advanced form that will give us a better look at measurement of the baby. Nothing too out of the ordinary or weird in my book, just trying to find out a more accurate date since the standard way probably won't work based on my cycles.

Old 05-27-2023, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Not really that weird I think. Like you said it's a guess and typically made based on the first date of your last period. But in my case that's not a super accurate way due to inconsistent cycles so measurement through ultrasound is best to give a more accurate date.

My first ultrasound was a lower tech belly screen. My next one will be a more precise and advanced form that will give us a better look at measurement of the baby. Nothing too out of the ordinary or weird in my book, just trying to find out a more accurate date since the standard way probably won't work based on my cycles.

Tho the obstetrician needs a quick reference when he 1st looks at your chart. The 1st ultrasound is usually done in the 1st trimester…like you say you had, to confirm the due date. Ours is Dec. 3rd. The second is usually done later into the 2nd trimester..like 20 or 22 wks to confirm its development & know the sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy