Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 08:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Derek Car released. Will be interesting to see how this may effect the draft.
I’m selfishly hoping the Panthers sign him. They are very much in the Stroud/Young market and the Bears will probably want the whole farm to move up to #1, which needs to happen with Houston and Indy needing QBs in the top 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 11:31 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Trade Tua and you could get a top pick to use on one of the prospects at QB. And you'd have a bunch more draft capital. You'd get rid of a guy who is injury prone and who knows if he will bounce back over the next several seasons with all the concussions he's suffered?
Who is trading picks for a guy on a collision course with early retirement from concussions?

Old 02-17-2023, 06:05 AM

1,988 posts, read 975,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Who is trading picks for a guy on a collision course with early retirement from concussions?
I think right now you'd have at least 10-12 teams interested in Tua that would pay to have him start for them.

Raiders
Lions
Browns
Jets
Commanders
Texans
Panthers
Buccaneers
Saints
Rams
Cardinals
Titans
Vikings

Old 02-17-2023, 08:42 AM

4,401 posts, read 4,297,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I’m selfishly hoping the Panthers sign him. They are very much in the Stroud/Young market and the Bears will probably want the whole farm to move up to #1, which needs to happen with Houston and Indy needing QBs in the top 10.
If I were him Panthers would be my first choice.

Old 02-17-2023, 12:15 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
If I were him Panthers would be my first choice.

Jets actually have some real positives.. I mean, seemingly, QB is one of the biggest missing pieces there. Other than the franchise just being snakebit overall..

This would hold true for Washington as well, but.. you have ownership to deal with there.

Jets wouldn't really be a big culture shock for him, I don't think.. I mean, he's coming from the Raiders. Rabid fan base, just like the Jets. And Vegas, which is a big, eyes on you market, like New York.

Personally, yes, I'd rather see him at Carolina.. but.. There's more holes to fill there.

Old 02-18-2023, 06:38 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
I would want to be in the Detroit Rock City Lions position having 4 picks in the first two rounds
The first two rounds are especially exciting with potential stars waiting to be hired.
Of course, we are talking about a cat franchise that represents the National Conference as the only team never to play in the Super Bowl. And we saw a similar situation recently with the Brownies, who had multiple early draft picks and squandered them due to poor management. Repeated recently with MY FINZ as well. An Inept front office can wreck the team.

Still, to get a good backup for Goff, someone who will be NFL ready in a couple of seasons, like that tall kid from StanFord, a solid CB which should be grabbed with the number 15 pick, another beast up front on defense and a guard. Receivers, tight ends and even a backup safety could be had on free agency

IF and IF the management can figure out how to make the puzzle pieces fit, going late in the draft.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:40 AM

1,988 posts, read 975,513 times
This draft is very deep. You could even get a decent player in the third round.

Old 02-27-2023, 11:15 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,090,806 times
I would not be surprised when the Rams trade Ramsey to the Lions. Is he worth two early draft picks?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Old 02-27-2023, 01:14 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Today starts the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. I learned today that clubs have players take a "Wonderlic" test and grade them accordingly.

Here's the Wiki page on the "Wonderlic" test. Never heard of it before today.

There is an incredibly long list of key dates in the annual NFL calendar, found here. Seems like every week has events listed all of which makes for full-time year-round work for club managements.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-27-2023, 03:51 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Today starts the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. I learned today that clubs have players take a "Wonderlic" test and grade them accordingly.

Here's the Wiki page on the "Wonderlic" test. Never heard of it before today.

There is an incredibly long list of key dates in the annual NFL calendar, found here. Seems like every week has events listed all of which makes for full-time year-round work for club managements.

Seriously? You've never heard of the Wonderlic?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...616ly9p96bmt7q

What does it mean? Well.. Not much, apparently. You look at that list.. Mike Mamula got one of the highest scores.. Had a pretty non-memorable career. Ryan Fitzpatrick is up there as well.. And, he had a good career.. In a way.

Then you've got Vince Young at the bottom, which isn't a surprise.. but Frank Gore was even lower than him!

FWIW.. Someone recent.. Kyler Murray, who.. Apparently won't study a playbook.. Got a 20.

Which.. Wasn't that far off Patrick Mahomes, who got a 24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football