Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 12:08 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,107,208 times

Advertisements

Superbowl is over, time to start looking forward to this year's draft.

My morning email from the NY Times Athletic has this to say about who they think are the top prospects:

1. Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
2. Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama
3. Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
4. Peter Skoronski, OL, Northwestern
5. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
6. Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
7. C. J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State
8. Tyree Wilson, Edge, Texas Tech
9. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
10. Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

There's a very long list of the top 100 at this site.

The NFL Combine is 28 FEB - 06 MAR 2023 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.
The NFL Draft is 27- 29 APR 2023 in Kansas City, MO.

There is an incredibly long list of key dates in the annual NFL calendar, found here.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 02-14-2023 at 12:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2023, 12:27 PM

7,598 posts, read 6,099,558 times
Let me use this, again, as a platform to trash MY FINZ who will not have a draft pick until #51.....and only 5 total.

Thanks to Exiled Owner Stephen Ross, who is part of the bad owners trio with Snyder and Jones, MY FINZ have very little to work with.

Added to that a sub par Offensive line, a new defensive system which still has no depth because the management does not know how to go late into the draft.
All this means, in the grand scheme of things that MY FINZ, out of money and out of draft picks, should finish a solid 3rd or 4th in the division next year, but management will try to string the fans along as they always do.

Old 02-14-2023, 02:31 PM

1,997 posts, read 984,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Let me use this, again, as a platform to trash MY FINZ who will not have a draft pick until #51.....and only 5 total.

Thanks to Exiled Owner Stephen Ross, who is part of the bad owners trio with Snyder and Jones, MY FINZ have very little to work with.

Added to that a sub par Offensive line, a new defensive system which still has no depth because the management does not know how to go late into the draft.
All this means, in the grand scheme of things that MY FINZ, out of money and out of draft picks, should finish a solid 3rd or 4th in the division next year, but management will try to string the fans along as they always do.
Trade Tua and you could get a top pick to use on one of the prospects at QB. And you'd have a bunch more draft capital. You'd get rid of a guy who is injury prone and who knows if he will bounce back over the next several seasons with all the concussions he's suffered?

Old 02-14-2023, 02:55 PM

4,413 posts, read 4,309,840 times
Derek Car released. Will be interesting to see how this may effect the draft.

Old 02-14-2023, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Trade Tua and you could get a top pick to use on one of the prospects at QB. And you'd have a bunch more draft capital. You'd get rid of a guy who is injury prone and who knows if he will bounce back over the next several seasons with all the concussions he's suffered?
Yeah, but who'd want him? The Texicans? The 49ers ?

Bad situation for MY FINZ Over the Salary Cap and no decent draft picks

WELP....SPring Training here in FLorida will keep me entertained through MArch

Then May is vacation month

The CFL starts in June SO Football is just 3 1/2 months away

Old 02-16-2023, 07:36 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,848,359 times
I think the most interesting part of this years draft will anyone move up to grab the #1 pick and how much will it cost them?

Out of the top four, only 2 have a need for QB. Texas and Indy.

Old 02-16-2023, 12:45 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,640,203 times
Bears need O line help, Field sacked 55 times tied with Russell Wilson for most, next was Cousins 46.

I've seen sites already talking about Pack unloading Bakh and that Bears should get him. He had trouble recovering from his ACL but he's still a top ranked LT. All speculation though as to what Packers are thinking.

If I were Bears I'd go for the Northwestern guy for their O line. Love Midwest school players for O lines. Plus there's this:

Skoronski is the grandson of Bob Skoronski, who captained and blocked on Vince Lombardi's (Green Bay Packers) five championship teams in the 1960's. Strong bloodlines and an elevated football I.Q.

Old 02-16-2023, 01:47 PM

78,543 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Bears need O line help, Field sacked 55 times tied with Russell Wilson for most, next was Cousins 46.

I've seen sites already talking about Pack unloading Bakh and that Bears should get him. He had trouble recovering from his ACL but he's still a top ranked LT. All speculation though as to what Packers are thinking.

If I were Bears I'd go for the Northwestern guy for their O line. Love Midwest school players for O lines. Plus there's this:

Skoronski is the grandson of Bob Skoronski, who captained and blocked on Vince Lombardi's (Green Bay Packers) five championship teams in the 1960's. Strong bloodlines and an elevated football I.Q.
100% agree.

I'd be happy if they took Skoronski and another OL in the draft....maybe even a 3rd.

Old 02-16-2023, 03:30 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,640,203 times
There's always been talk, get the big guys first, O and D line, tough to find those guys. Yes, you can in FA but if they've been playing awhile, game catches up to them, just like RBs.

Bulaga went from the Packers to the Chargers but he's had injuries, Linsley, center, is with them, too. Both from Midwest schools, Iowa and Ohio, great players.

Old 02-16-2023, 04:10 PM

It is time to go ahead and reveal the new Jersey and team which will grace the Cat's Wardrobe this fall.......

And here it is

Yes, we are adding the Detroit Rock City Lions to the collection of Jerseys......

Not set on color yet, but pretty sure it will be a Barry Sanders 20

The Lions have the most draft picks of any cat in the Draft. Picking Number 6 and number 18
and then 2 picks in the second round, the Lions are poised not to pull a Browns and get some exciting talent to Dan Campbells new whatever he calls it now and move up in the NFC North

I am hoping for a QB (to back up Goff) and A CB to start right out of the gate
Second Round, Guard, Safety, Tight End are all needs.

Free agency has a few guards, safety and tight ends but taking those 4 in the draft and getting likely starters will be good for the Motown Lions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football