Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:29 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times

Advertisements

So I'm watching the Browns vs. Giants game and oh man.... they're not looking so good. Anderson is looking horrible, but has no time in the pocket either. I'm suspecting a lot of "Brady Quinn" chants if this carries over to the regular season, what do you Brown fans think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 07:38 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
hubby is piiiiiiiii...mad.........lol

not good....just not good

Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
So I'm watching the Browns vs. Giants game and oh man.... they're not looking so good. Anderson is looking horrible, but has no time in the pocket either. I'm suspecting a lot of "Brady Quinn" chants if this carries over to the regular season, what do you Brown fans think?
I don't think it will carry over into the regular season.I think they'll be good.I just hope they start Brady Quinn over Anderson.I think Quinn makes better decisions and he does it quicker then Anderson.I was pretty mad at how they preformed earlier in the game.But they still have two more pre-season games before regular season starts,and these games mean nothing.If they get into the playoffs people aren't going to look back at thier pre-season games.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
I understand where X-Greensboro was coming from though. with 3 minutes left in the half the score was 30 to 3. The final score-Giants 37, Browns 34.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:35 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
My boys looked pretty bad tonight. They were getting handled on both lines by the Giants. The Giants are a pretty damned good opponent.

We didn't play Rogers which was part of the problem on "D." Personally, I think they've been reading too much press. Hopefully this game will bring them back to reality and realize you win on the field and not in the press.

Bad thing is we got DA and Josh Cribbs hurt. That smarts.

Hopefully we bounce back and play football next week against the Lions.

Doug

Old 08-19-2008, 03:12 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I understand where X-Greensboro was coming from though. with 3 minutes left in the half the score was 30 to 3. The final score-Giants 37, Browns 34.
Oh thanks! I went to bed at half time, didn't realize the score was so close at the end. I thought the first half was brutal for the Browns.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:32 AM

41,943 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I went to bed at halftime as well.

Who's this Steptoe guy? I need to pay closer attention.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:14 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
If I were a Browns fan I wouldn't be all that worried, pre-season is the time to iron out all the kinks anyway. And why so many Browns fans down on Anderson? The guy had a great year last year, he deserves the job until he shows he can't win and so far he's won in Cleveland. There's to much of a rush to start the young guys that haven't proven anything yet in the NFL it seems, if it's their time then it's great, but I hate seeing good players rushed out just because of some young guy with a big contract waiting in the wings.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
If I were a Browns fan I wouldn't be all that worried, pre-season is the time to iron out all the kinks anyway. And why so many Browns fans down on Anderson? The guy had a great year last year, he deserves the job until he shows he can't win and so far he's won in Cleveland. There's to much of a rush to start the young guys that haven't proven anything yet in the NFL it seems, if it's their time then it's great, but I hate seeing good players rushed out just because of some young guy with a big contract waiting in the wings.
The word on Anderson is that the league "caught up" to him in the last half of the season last year. His best games were against teams with iffy defenses. He pretty much singlehandedly cost the Browns a playoff spot last year by having his worst game in Week 16 against Cincinnati in a game we HAD to win to get in.

That said, I think he currently deserves the Number 1 spot, but in my opinion, Brady Quinn is probably our long term answer. Due to the salary cap...chances are the Browns will trade one of them after this season for some high draft picks. I certainly hope we keep the right one.

Doug

Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I went to bed at halftime as well.

Who's this Steptoe guy? I need to pay closer attention.
Syndric Steptoe was our 7th round pick in '07. He's had a fantastic training camp this year and almost certainly made the team last night. He's been mostly playing on special teams (and excelling) and will probably make the team as the number 4 receiver after Braylon, Donte Stallworth & Travis Wilson.

It's a good thing we have him because Josh Cribbs got hurt last night with a high ankle sprain and will miss at least the next two weeks. It remains to be seen if we can keep him on the roster when Joe Jurevicious comes of the P.U.P. list in 6 weeks. I hope we can.

Doug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football