Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 05:59 PM

24,587 posts, read 17,327,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
THIS!~ she wants to be looked at and admired, but not stared at. There IS a difference.

I agree that there is a difference.

A young woman like that certainly does not want to be stared at by an old guy like me but I'm sure if she were to attract the eye of a handsome 20 something guy she would be ok if he checked her out and said hello.

It is the rest of us that need to know to sneak a peak and then show her respect but the red blooded American boy in me sure is curious and demands my eyes to linger longer... LOL

What's a guy to do?

Old 05-27-2018, 07:59 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,167,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
She just has a bad taste in the way how she is dressing, and no one told her about proper attire in the public. Probably consciously provocative. Poor thing, she doesn't know that a woman can hide few of her best assets, and still look beautiful and desirable...

Staring at another person is rude, no matter what are they wearing or behaving.
I do agree staring is rude. My mom or dad, or some other authority figure, taught me that when small. Children stare at the unusual until they know better.

Staring at pretty girls too long is uncomfortable. Watch when one enters a room, and watch the men. The proper will look then deliberately look away. That is act of will. A few won't. They are PU or wolves or just jerks, I figure. Whatever: not really judging, I've done my share of staring in life.

Men stare, naturally. We like beauty, and youth. It's a fact. Read "Dataclysm" for a fascinating analysis of how men, and oddly enough women, react to beauty: apparently we all like it, and the deeper it is, the more nuts we are. Not fair, but life isn't fair, unf.

Why beauties do what they do, I don't know. I've only known a few. One was sweet. Another was hard, and mean. I'm pretty sure she'd been assaulted God knows how many times in the Young Pioneers back in the end of the Soviet days, from her hard-hearted talks about life back then and "that's just how it was." Pretty sad, though. The few times I've been with a beauty, it's interesting to see how men react to her and it makes me rather uncomfortable, too. They just learn to deal with it, I guess. If I see it, they must too.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:46 PM

4,224 posts, read 4,479,917 times
It's a fun problem to have when the loveliness of the female form is displayed in public, oh what to do, what to do....
https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post35183244
https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post41203682
A reminder to only compliment when the environment is appropriate
https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post38945820

As to the yoga pants, well, as long they are in shape I admire their efforts at being high on the reproductive fitness assessment meter.

Earlier in the week I had an excellent example of feminine beauty. I see her exit the grocery store at lunchtime so I follow about three blocks and then eventually pass her. Caucasian, about 5'9 in heels, a solid 150-160, short hair brunette probably mid to late 30s, wearing shades and a red and white patterned two piece outfit which was form fitting from waist to above the knees. Each step accentuated the gluteal torsion and her excellent posture and Amazonian presence was noticed by every hetero man she passed.

I'm guessing she enjoyed it and I was glad she took the mid day stroll!

Old 05-27-2018, 09:21 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,039,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
It's a fun problem to have when the loveliness of the female form is displayed in public, oh what to do, what to do....
https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post35183244
https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post41203682
A reminder to only compliment when the environment is appropriate
https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post38945820

As to the yoga pants, well, as long they are in shape I admire their efforts at being high on the reproductive fitness assessment meter.

Earlier in the week I had an excellent example of feminine beauty. I see her exit the grocery store at lunchtime so I follow about three blocks and then eventually pass her. Caucasian, about 5'9 in heels, a solid 150-160, short hair brunette probably mid to late 30s, wearing shades and a red and white patterned two piece outfit which was form fitting from waist to above the knees. Each step accentuated the gluteal torsion and her excellent posture and Amazonian presence was noticed by every hetero man she passed.

I'm guessing she enjoyed it and I was glad she took the mid day stroll!
That was me!
You caught me on my transgender day, you rogue!

Old 05-27-2018, 09:23 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,538,865 times
How about this? Perhaps she was wearing what she liked and what made her feel attractive. She probably wasn't trying to attract the attention of random men.

Don't put your states on her. Your behavior rests solely with you and your choices. Take responsibility for yourself.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:35 PM

24,738 posts, read 9,538,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
THIS!~ she wants to be looked at and admired, but not stared at. There IS a difference.
This is correct. Some women with nice bodies want to “show it off” and “feel sexy.” Women do this on purpose as a boost of security and confidence that they “feel attractive.” This is why some women dress with their butt and boobs sticking out, they want to feel sexy.

It’s no different than a body builder wearing sleeveless shirt in public, he knows what’s he’s doing and both male and females WILL admire him. And even stare at him.

The common courtesy thing to do is admire it but move on. Don’t stare or stalk like some creeper. They want noticeable attention, not harassment.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:07 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,782,071 times
It doesn't matter if Lady Godiva were to ride through the middle of town with her locks shorn down to her scalp bare nekkid. You STILL don't have the right to stare or act on that.

One man's "provocative" is another man's "conservative". I once had a man from another country (NOT a moslem country) call me a that-bad-word-for-lady-of-the-evening-that-this-forum-censors-out in his native language WHICH I SPEAK as I jogged past him in the middle of a busy downtown area in Portland OR. I was wearing a T-shirt and leggings. I called him a dirty name in passing right back at him, you should have seen his jaw drop.

In many foreign countries, if I showed up with just my face uncovered or showing so much as an ankle, they'd lock me up - and probably rape me on the way to the jail to boot. NOT JUST MOSLEM COUNTRIES EITHER.

So put your tongue back in your mouth and stop being so freakin' judgmental. It's none of your business. Here you are ADMITTING that her dress was not intended to be provocative and yet you ask why she dressed "provocatively". She didn't. YOU just decided that on your own.

Looking is one thing. Ogling and behaving as though every woman in your general vicinity is there for your sexual titillation is not. And stay away from pools and beaches. I hate to think how you would behave around women in swim suits.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,128,382 times
To be stared at.

That’s just me, though. When we were younger, a lot of my friends acted really strange about this. I knew how they were trying to look because half the time, I got drug around shopping with them:

“What about this? Do I look huge? OMG; I’m a cow. What about my boobs? I need more cleavage. I’m gonna wear a push up bra. I wish I was taller. Gotta find some heels!”

Then we would head out for the night & if a guy so much as whistled under his breath; it would be: “ Are you serious? Can you believe that a******!?”

I mean ... ?

They always said I was “Too nice” because I literally nod & say “Thank you” to every comment, whistle & catcall. You would not believe some of the comments I’ve said thank you too. Eventually, my favorite friends to go out with were two dancers who were both married. At the time, I also worked in adult entertainment & we never engaged in the weird split-personality reactions that “good girls” did.

Seriously, the double-standards & passive-aggressive behavior needs to go.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:52 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,668,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
She just has a bad taste in the way how she is dressing, and no one told her about proper attire in the public. Probably consciously provocative. Poor thing, she doesn't know that a woman can hide few of her best assets, and still look beautiful and desirable...

Staring at another person is rude, no matter what are they wearing or behaving.
This is why men and women can't understand each other. lol

Old 05-28-2018, 02:21 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,936,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The other day I was sitting in a waiting room and a very pretty young woman walked in. She was tall, blonde, very fit and she wore a Tshirt that exposed her stomach and really tight grey yoga pants that didn't leave much to the imagination.
Cool.

Quote:
The question is, why does a woman dress so provocatively if not to be stared at?
To attract the attention of men (or women) who might be interesting to her. Or for fun. Or because everybody else is doing it.

Quote:
I understand that she might not know what she is doing to most red blooded men that see her.
Seriously?

Quote:
When is it Ok to look at a pretty young women in revealing clothes and when is it not?
It's always OK as long as you don't harass her or stare in an aggressive way. Has everybody gone crazy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.