Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 10:15 AM

1,306 posts, read 853,380 times

Advertisements

Hi

Due to the nature of my work I have met a lot of Incels in the last fifteen yrs , not sure why they are hated and reviled so much in media.Yes some have become very violent and nasty but vast majority of them are just average frustrated young men who due to their insecurities or lack of confidence have hard time maintaining any relationships.Many of them are pretty good looking and have decent personality otherwise too
I think this community needs a LOT of help psychological and social networking help, i also see a lot of women too who have given up on relationships so not sure where the disconnect is and how we can help these women and incels connect? why is this not already happening
Any support groups dedicated specifically for this ? I mean social group that helps incels connects with single women and vice versa ?

Old 07-22-2021, 10:31 AM

174 posts, read 97,208 times
No such thing as an incel.

There is always someone willing to sleep with you.

You just haven't looked hard enough.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:43 AM

4,640 posts, read 1,790,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
Hi

Due to the nature of my work I have met a lot of Incels in the last fifteen yrs , not sure why they are hated and reviled so much in media.Yes some have become very violent and nasty but vast majority of them are just average frustrated young men who due to their insecurities or lack of confidence have hard time maintaining any relationships.Many of them are pretty good looking and have decent personality otherwise too
I think this community needs a LOT of help psychological and social networking help, i also see a lot of women too who have given up on relationships so not sure where the disconnect is and how we can help these women and incels connect? why is this not already happening
Any support groups dedicated specifically for this ? I mean social group that helps incels connects with single women and vice versa ?
First of all, you may have met "a lot" of incels over the past 15 years. You may also think that those you met were only "average frustrated young men..." who have "decent personalities".

But are you sitting next to them while they're on their laptop spewing garbage toward the women who aren't interested in them? Do you see them writing words such as "wh*res" and/or "b*tches" when referring to the women who aren't interested in having sex with them?

These men refer to themselves as "incels" for a reason; they're involuntarily celibate. That is, they want to have SEX. They're more interested in sex than in a relationship (and probably come across that way IRL) Otherwise, they could simply call themselves "relationship-challenged", if it's a RELATIONSHIP they want.

From my experience, most of these guys are not merely "frustrated"; they're downright angry.

And yes, there are a number of women who have given up on relationships, especially OLD. The most common reason is...are you ready for it?...that the majority of men they've met OLD are looking for sex.

So, trying to pair a woman up--who is NOT looking for mainly sex--with an incel--who IS looking for mainly sex--seems pretty obvious why it wouldn't work.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:47 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
These men refer to themselves as "incels" for a reason; they're involuntarily celibate. That is, they want to have SEX. They're more interested in sex than in a relationship (and probably come across that way IRL) Otherwise, they could simply call themselves "relationship-challenged", if it's a RELATIONSHIP they want.

From my experience, most of these guys are not merely "frustrated"; they're downright angry.
That's at the heart of it. The men who call themselves incels on the internet aren't just regular dudes going through a rough patch romantically. They have maladjusted ideas about women and sex and relationships. They feel entitled to women's bodies and their time, and they want to make women pay for not giving them what they want. This is not the kind of person that a well-adjusted woman who's bowed out of the dating market because of her own frustrations wants to be matched up with.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-22-2021 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-22-2021, 12:05 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
There are men who struggle romantically and then there are incels. They are not the same type.

Old 07-22-2021, 12:18 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post

Please do not attempt to foist a community of men who need psychological help onto unsuspecting women.

But I must ask: Who is definining these young men you meet as "incels?" You, or are they self-identifying?

If they are self-identifying, they are in no way, shape, or form candidates for healthy relationships for reasons others have already explained, and because you, yourself, said they need psychological help.

But if you are identifying them that, please be sure you're not putting a label on young men who just happen to be single and looking. There is a huge difference between the two.

Old 07-22-2021, 12:59 PM

1,702 posts, read 782,522 times
Dude, have you seen some the stuff they use to say online before they all got banned from Reddit? It was sick man, real sick. Complaining about not getting laid was only a small part of it. OP they were violent, mentally ill, and were egging each other on. What's worse they were being influenced by domestic terrorists, one of whom, shot up a Walmart in El Paso and killed 20 something people. THAT is why all the hate.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:07 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
What I don't understand is why these idiots don't hire sex workers. Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

Old 07-22-2021, 02:12 PM

1,702 posts, read 782,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What I don't understand is why these idiots don't hire sex workers. Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?
Sex don't fix Sick in the head.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:22 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Clarify how incel and misogynistic are not the same?

As a human I find no glory in knowing someone influenced this person with a foundation of hatred and physical harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology