Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2022, 01:43 PM

7,492 posts, read 3,223,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
i'm not seeing a post where he says he is drinking. Which post is that? (the number of it) just curious.....

I'm missing it somehow.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I don't understand why both OP and Wiley are ignoring the fact that the wife holds the cards here, and she doesn't seem to want to sell. I'll ask a third time: OP, has she agreed to this?
No she does not hold all the cards. She has as much rope as he gives her. That's all.

Old 11-20-2022, 02:52 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
No she does not hold all the cards. She has as much rope as he gives her. That's all.
I think he gives her A LOT. Do you expect this dynamic to suddenly change now? How and why???

Old 11-20-2022, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I think he gives her A LOT. Do you expect this dynamic to suddenly change now? How and why???
Just stop Otter.

Old 11-21-2022, 02:16 AM

840 posts, read 692,356 times
Sorry, yes she has agreed that if we are at the 2 year mark and rates havent gone back down to where they were at when we planned this, that she would be open to moving. We naturally designed the house to her tastes so shes not at all happy about the idea of it but understands my standpoint.

Quote:
I don't understand why both OP and Wiley are ignoring the fact that the wife holds the cards here, and she doesn't seem to want to sell. I'll ask a third time: OP, has she agreed to this?

Old 11-21-2022, 02:20 AM

This is true, she has basically worked all of the OT she can to furnish the place and did help me with most of the framing (including raising large trusses by hand). So I understand her not wanting to sell as that we basically built this ourselves. But she also doesnt want me unhappy and per conversations before, and last night she agreed that she would be ok selling but would want to wait til the 2 year mark (next December) as that she feels even if the market goes down that it wont go down more than what we would pay in taxes if we dont wait.

As to the isolation aspect, she likes being more rural and wants her peace. I on the otherhand want a neighborhood to which she promptly reminded me of our neighbors in Philly who had pit bulls that barked at all hours and that rural neighbors will likely own dogs as well,,,,shes not totall wrong on this one I guess, we are isolated but the closest neighbors are atleast quiet

Quote:

Old 11-21-2022, 02:34 AM

#1 Rates will not go down.
#2 Waiting another 9 months (from Spring) could drop prices below the amount you are willing to sell and you may be stuck there for a very long time or have walk away and need to rent forever.

The best thing is to get her to agree to reevaluate the situation as soon as you have the house ready for market in the Spring.

Making all decisions based on taxes will get you into trouble; these should be business based decisions (not taxes in isolation).

Old 11-21-2022, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
Sorry, yes she has agreed that if we are at the 2 year mark and rates havent gone back down to where they were at when we planned this, that she would be open to moving. We naturally designed the house to her tastes so shes not at all happy about the idea of it but understands my standpoint.

See Otter. They're married. I don't think Otter knows how that works honestly. They are a duo, a pair, a team, etc.

Old 11-21-2022, 04:04 AM

106,593 posts, read 108,757,383 times
Quote:
#2 Waiting another 9 months (from Spring) could drop prices below the amount you are willing to sell and you may be stuck there for a very long time or have walk away and need to rent forever.

The best thing is to get her to agree to reevaluate the situation as soon as you have the house ready for market in the Spring.

Making all decisions based on taxes will get you into trouble; these should be business based decisions (not taxes in isolation).
Mortgage rates saw a decent drop this month back in to the 6.85 range after being around 7.16%

Old 11-21-2022, 04:42 AM

Boy I sure was hoping to see 3's again which would change entire dynamic (other than isolation). And thanks for kind words regarding my marriage, my wife of 30 years is truly my partner and has my best interest in mind, at the same time she feels she has to keep me from making rash choices as well.

Last night we were watching travel shows and I could sense that she missed the times in the not too far past that we traveled all the time.

At any rate, due to our snowpack I'm guessing April at earliest to be done.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate