Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 10:34 PM

7,485 posts, read 3,219,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Thanks (again) for another personal attack, but this thread isn't about me.
You can sure dish it out. But...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 02:07 AM

840 posts, read 692,016 times
We did all rough framing and installed the windows, I'm going to pay a crew to side it. I also framed both decks. All of the mechanicals (electric/hvac/plumbing) were done by a contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
So you are not doing the work?

Old 11-22-2022, 02:11 AM

When we were framing the basement beams (built up LVL) she took a week off then she went to work and I laid the joists, flooring and framed the walls. She was back again for trusses which sucked as I'm afraid of heights

Quote:
Again, OP's original post, in the "Retirement" forum, was much more of an existential or relationship conundrum than a "math" problem.

How did the wife, who is always away working overtime in the city, find time to work on the house?

Last edited by lpranger467; 11-22-2022 at 02:36 AM..

Old 11-22-2022, 02:21 AM

Default Old pics

Some of the progression, the plywood over the patio doors was so our (day) visiting friends wouldnt fall out, The board running straight up the upper left window keeps the gable truss plumb while I do interior bracing.

The overhangs of all gables were built while truss was laying down, though I then had to put the facia (black board on front of roof) on by hanging over the roof edge which was enjoyable. The only part we didnt do by hand were the 2 larger side gables as that they would be too heavy for 2 people. I had a crane operator come at $400 per hour (we were done in 2 hours). We rigged the lines and my wife guided the rope while I sat on front wall...Oh the memories
Attached Thumbnails
My dilemma-11-22-front.jpg  

Last edited by lpranger467; 11-22-2022 at 03:35 AM..

Old 11-22-2022, 02:32 AM

Default additional

Seemed we would never get to drywall, before we had to move all the tools outside for drywallers the site was kept fairly tidy.
Attached Thumbnails
My dilemma-early-front-2.jpg  

Old 11-22-2022, 03:32 AM

Haha, this is great. Thanks for the good chuckle this morning.

Honestly there have been some very lets say interesting twists in this road that I wont bore you with but let me say this project has been a real challenge for both. These "twists" along with us working on this daily (well me anyway lol) she feels why would we give up the house we built ourselves so someone else can enjoy it, while I'm concerned about living for my house payment and not enjoying the rest of my active years.

Either way, venting online to a bunch of folks I dont know has honestly been quite therapeutic, sincerely thanks for listening and giving advice/comments/jokes.

PS-Hate to tie post up with pics btw but looking through old pics has actually motivated me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
This thread is starting to sound like a "Days of Our Lives" soap opera. LOL! I can see it easily running until next spring and possibly far longer. Everyone will be checking in daily to see what is the latest happening and who said what to whom.

Stay tuned, folks, to find out if Ranger freezes into an ice cube during the coming frigid arctic blast or if his wife falls in love with a handsome hunk that she is "working overtime" with. Tomorrow's episode will reveal whether Ranger has been secretly rendezvousing with the cute divorcee who works at the liquor store that he frequents.

Old 11-22-2022, 04:00 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
You can sure dish it out. But...
The question was directed to the OP...

What's it to you???

Old 11-22-2022, 04:09 AM

Can you stop being incendiary please, I've replied to your posts, even when your comments implied that my wife was a selfish person running the show. Like I said (above) this forum has been a good venting spot for me and if it turns into attacks/people defending themselves etc- then it will just end up in you getting flagged and the post being shut down...Thanks

Quote:
The question was directed to the OP...

What's it to you???

Old 11-22-2022, 04:15 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
I'm not the only one here wondering that, obviously. We simply want you to be honest with yourself, assert yourself, and get yourself out of that mess. When you post to a public forum, you get opinions, and you may not like them all. Sorry not sorry!

But with TWO of you now trying to shut me down (did you married guys bond over PMs or something?), I'll just again say "good luck." What more is there to say?

Old 11-22-2022, 04:21 AM

Well it seems as though you've moved from making comments regarding my wife to attacks against Wile. I would say if you're not going to be constructive, maybe move elsewhere post wise. I clearly welcome opinions/comments but your posts are again more like attacks against me and others

Quote:
I'm not the only one here wondering that, obviously. We simply want you to be honest with yourself, assert yourself, and get yourself out of that mess. When you post to a public forum, you get opinions, and you may not like them all. Sorry not sorry!

But with TWO of you now trying to shut me down (did you married guys bond over PMs or something?), I'll just again say "good luck." What more is there to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate