Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:35 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
i refer to them as Moderator cut: epithet because they lack care and respect for others on the street, they also have the dont care attitude. i cant wait for them to invite their 50 relatives over for a massive party i will be calling the cops like its going out of style for noise complaints. Its very rude and inconsiderate of them. I could attempt to talk to them like adults but i doubt they would know how to respond and would take it negatively. Im hoping that eventually they will default and be forced out.
wow...that's pretty judgemental to assume of these people...i am surprised you get all of that from them simply parking in the street ...

i wonder if people in our Boerne neighborhood feel the same about us...we are the last house in the cul-de-sac and my husband parks his car day and night in the street in front of our house --- i've never thought anything different of it, nor would i see why anyone else would --- we are not the only people who park a car in the street and as others have said it's not against the law ... how is one parking in front of one's house in the street showing a lack of respect for other people???

i also agree with snappybob that it's best to not worry about something you cannot control, especially when it's not happening at or in your own house ...

Last edited by Bo; 01-07-2010 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: updated quote to match original
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 04:36 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,140 times
Quote:
i refer to them as Moderator cut: epithet because they lack care and respect for others on the street, they also have the dont care attitude. i cant wait for them to invite their 50 relatives over for a massive party i will be calling the cops like its going out of style for noise complaints. Its very rude and inconsiderate of them. I could attempt to talk to them like adults but i doubt they would know how to respond and would take it negatively. Im hoping that eventually they will default and be forced out.
My neighbors across the street have five cars. I dont know how many people live there and when they have get togethers there is usually about 10 cars or so parked all up and down the street. At first it kinda irked me, but then I realized how friendly they are. Always throwing up a hand to wave at me when they catch me outside, the son was walking his son up and down our street and stopped to say hello to me, the grandmother came by to give me some tamales she had made, and the daughter sent her son over to help my husband pull a stubborn bush out of the ground when she saw he needed an extra hand. (yes there are multiple generations living in one house) So I guess I could go across the street and ruin an otherwise amicable neighborly-relationship by complaining to them that they have what I feel are too many vehicles parked on the street - OR - I can pick my battles and take my friendly, helpful neighbors. I dont live in a fancy pants new neighborhood with 3100 sq ft houses, so it would probably be unwise for me to start a war with these people over their abundance of vehicles and lack of parking skillz. IF it really is that bothersome to you, to the point where they are day ruiners for you, maybe when you see them outside you can wave to them, bring over some baked good, welcome them to the neighborhood and casually tell them to park their twenty cars in their driveway....personally i just recommend the baked good and welcome to the neighborhood part. Particuarly because you just moved into your first house and you dont want them to retaliate by turning into the neighbors from hell. If you think they are already the neighbors from hell.......you probably havent seen nothing yet. Small things like this have been known to escalate, so just choose your battles wisely and who you choose to go to war with.

Last edited by Bo; 01-07-2010 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 01-04-2010, 07:16 PM

487 posts, read 1,117,695 times
Say and think what you please but cars parked in the street make a neighborhood look less than classy. I can assure you, no one that does NOT park in the street has any appreciation for those who do.
No need for name calling. It's just a fact. I've had clients refuse to look at homes because they didn't care for the "feel" of the neighborhood. That "feel" was a nice way of pointing out that there were too many cars packed in the street. (as they DID point out)
And of course I am aware that there is no law against parking in the street. You might want to check with your HOA CCR's. Chances are it stipulates single family residential homes. No dorm style living would be allowed. Just a thought.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 AM

546 posts, read 1,499,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
How many cars are actually parked on the street at one time? Are there really 20 people living there? I have a feeling your rant might be a bit of an exaggeration. You're already assuming that they will have wild parties with 50 attendees and you have you're phone at the ready to call the cops as soon as someone shows up. It is LEGAL to park your car on the street as long as it's parked legally. It's even legal for them to park in front of your house if they want to. Attitudes are contagious. If they catch a bad tude they may just find a new place to park. In front of your house. Apparently you recently purchased your first home. Did you live in apartments before where everyone had their own parking space? When you live in a house you own the house and yard, minus easements. You really don't have much control over what your neighbors do unless they are doing something illegal or your paying an HOA to run the neighborhood. Sometimes you can save yourself a lot of grief by just ignoring the neighbors.
its not an exaggeration ill gladly post a photo. I did purchase my first home but have lived in several rental homes where other neighbors were courteous of others and parked their vehicles in the driveway...and this was a subdivision that had one car garages only. Its hard to ignore the massive carlot in front of my house.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Renting or owning, it makes no difference....they are not doing anything wrong!

Honestly, it is a bit arrogant to expect people to conform to your wishes. How would you feel if one of your neighbors came and told you how you live? I am sure that wouldn't go over well, so why would it be alright the other way around?

And I am sure they appreciate your referring to them as 'Moderator cut: orphaned.' How do you react if someone called you that?

Sorry if that is not to your liking, but it is the ground truth and I think SnappyBob's advice is spot on...
i have an hoa that tells me how to live like no trashcans in front of the garage side of the house etc doesnt yours???

they could call me a turd i have thick skin and personally if i was doing something turd like such as making the neighborhood look tacky i would say i was deserving of the title. just saying

Last edited by Bo; 01-07-2010 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: orphaned - the epithet was deleted from the earlier post

Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
wow...that's pretty judgemental to assume of these people...i am surprised you get all of that from them simply parking in the street ...

i wonder if people in our Boerne neighborhood feel the same about us...we are the last house in the cul-de-sac and my husband parks his car day and night in the street in front of our house --- i've never thought anything different of it, nor would i see why anyone else would --- we are not the only people who park a car in the street and as others have said it's not against the law ... how is one parking in front of one's house in the street showing a lack of respect for other people???

i also agree with snappybob that it's best to not worry about something you cannot control, especially when it's not happening at or in your own house ...
Your neighbors just might think that way. I know that ive talked to the 4 other neighbors that surround us and they feel the same about these people. we like the street to look clean and not cluttered with vehicles... Makes it easier to see kids playing.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:17 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,984,233 times
Quote:
i have an hoa that tells me how to live like no trashcans in front of the garage side of the house etc doesnt yours???

they could call me a turd i have thick skin and personally if i was doing something turd like such as making the neighborhood look tacky i would say i was deserving of the title. just saying
Yes, we have a HOA and there are restrictions; but those restrictions cannot violate the law and the law says you can legally park in the street.

And remember, they have every right to live the way they want no matter what you think; the same way you do. What if they came to you and said they didn't like your children playing in the street, that it was dangerous? I am sure you would be offended...but it is more of a valid point than your dislike of their parking in the street.

But the bottom line is that it is a free country, and unless they are breaking the law you are just going to have to learn to live with it.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:51 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,024 times
Quote:
Your neighbors just might think that way. I know that ive talked to the 4 other neighbors that surround us and they feel the same about these people. we like the street to look clean and not cluttered with vehicles... Makes it easier to see kids playing.
you know... Just this morning while driving carpool I counted the cars parked in the street in front of homes... Not including my husbands there were 7 cars on our street alone... I have honestly never thought twice about these cars... We live in mid-level homes that average between 230k - 270k and these cars are owned by a high school counselor, an anesthesiologist, an MD, an officer in the military, an SAPD officer... Just to name a few...

In all the neighborhood functions we have had I have never heard anyone complain about cars parked in the street... It's amazing to me that something so minor can be made into something so major...

Old 01-05-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Yes, we have a HOA and there are restrictions; but those restrictions cannot violate the law and the law says you can legally park in the street.

And remember, they have every right to live the way they want no matter what you think
; the same way you do. What if they came to you and said they didn't like your children playing in the street, that it was dangerous? I am sure you would be offended...but it is more of a valid point than your dislike of their parking in the street.

But the bottom line is that it is a free country, and unless they are breaking the law you are just going to have to learn to live with it.
Many HOAs limit the number of vehicles you have per household seen this in a centex neighborhood before. i guess its just something that needs to be brought up at a meeting. Which i will do.. im sure it will go over like a fart in church but it is what it is and i will raise hell.BOTTOM LINE Its tacky.

they want to park their cars in the street then i will just paint my house easter egg purple and blue until something is done. besides it is a free country and im not breaking the law. I looked through my hoa laws doesnt say i cant paint my home a particular color.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:05 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,140 times
So how many cars do these people actually have? Are they all vehicles used on a consistent basis? If they have 20 where do you expect them to park? In a 20 car garage? I'm just curious what you think they should do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio