Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2023, 03:26 PM

4,386 posts, read 4,630,842 times

Advertisements

So I did more research and saw that traveling to Bainbridge Island is a possibility for a day trip? Is it worth visiting or nah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2023, 05:03 PM

11,530 posts, read 6,034,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
So I did more research and saw that traveling to Bainbridge Island is a possibility for a day trip? Is it worth visiting or nah?
I NOT an expert on Bainbridge but I have been there a couple of times. The best part for me was the short ferry ride. No disrespect to Bainbridge, but I don't know what is there that is special that you can't find in Seattle. For me, forcing a day trip to Bainbridge is kind of just, going there to go there.

If you are hellbent on taking a day trip, how about Leavenworth? That would be my first choice. At least it is unique and special IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtR0RngsCZY

Old 11-25-2023, 05:06 PM

More Leavenworth. Not that you can't use youtube yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGl8d2NsE4Q

Old 11-25-2023, 05:47 PM

1,829 posts, read 810,819 times
Quote:
I think Bainbridge would be a good easy day trip from Seattle. It’s woodsy & pretty. You can wander around. There are places to eat. The ferry trip isn’t long, so it would be fun for kids, plus a nice view of the Seattle skyline. It will give you a nice PNW feel w/o having to travel forever.

No offense to Leavenworth, it’s a little town in the mountains that reinvented itself as a fake Bavarian village. They have pretty holiday light displays & skiing in winter, but you’re coming in summer, so if you like crowds of tourists & beer, then Leavenworth is for you.

Last edited by CalWorth; 11-25-2023 at 06:00 PM..

Old 11-25-2023, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
I think Bainbridge would be a good easy day trip from Seattle. It’s woodsy & pretty. You can wander around. There are places to eat. The ferry trip isn’t long, so it would be fun for kids, plus a nice view of the Seattle skyline. It will give you a nice PNW feel w/o having to travel forever.
It would probably be a low stress trip, but what is there to do? I mean, you can go up on Queen Anne and see the Seattle skyline, or up on one of several obeservation decks in Seattle.

What is there to do?

Old 11-25-2023, 06:05 PM

1,829 posts, read 810,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
It would probably be a low stress trip, but what is there to do? I mean, you can go up on Queen Anne and see the Seattle skyline, or up on one of several obeservation decks in Seattle.

What is there to do?
Maybe read the OP, it’s a big multi-generational group. What is there to do in Leavenworth in summer? Hiking trails are crowded there. Go to souvenir stores, drink overpriced beer? No thanks.

Wait, your profile says you live in Tennessee.

Old 11-26-2023, 02:09 AM

8,073 posts, read 8,378,646 times
Quote:
A great way to see Puget Sound.

The crossing is about 30 minutes, each way. Walk-On Fare: $9.85 (Adult 19-64), $4.90 (Senior 65 or older), free (Youth <19). Pay only one way (East to West).

Map: https://www.bainbridgeisland.com/wp-...-Trail-Map.pdf

Old 11-27-2023, 03:22 PM

13,080 posts, read 7,533,882 times
venturing to the drier side of Washington is a good alternative.
Using Highway 2 to Wallace Falls State Park (rainforest & waterfalls), Stevens Pass (gondola ride to peak), Leavenworth & Wenatchee River Trail/rafting, Cashmere (Aplets and Coplets), Wenatchee Apple Capital & Columbia River. A lot of scenery, geology, and climate zones.

Old 11-28-2023, 06:02 PM

609 posts, read 303,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
If booking now for June 4th (Tuesday), Adult $36RT x 10 = $360; Child $18RT; Infant Free. Total: $378. Any Seniors get a 10% discount. Flex fares, so free cancellation. That's pretty cheap for a 12-person scenic "excursion" and more fun than being crammed in a couple cars for 5-6 hours. If there are no delays, they'll have about 5 hours in downtown Vancouver.

What bags? It's a day trip.
Ever traveled with young kids? You'll need to bring stuff and it's easier when you can leave stuff in the car.

Old 11-29-2023, 03:10 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,284,845 times
Pretty bad idea to leave bags in the car in Seattle, let alone Vancouver. Actually, that goes for basically every major US city on the West Coast these days...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area