Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 05:25 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,501,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
I don't see this as a real threat here.
Ditto here. We don't even have any neighbors here. Just the trees, the lake, the stars, the loons, the bears and the moose, the sun and the wind and the rain.

The cities may burn, but it will be peaceful here. It takes me 3 hours on the Maine Turnpike alone, to reach our place, at 70-80 mph. I don't think anybody will be walking up here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 05:58 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,765,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
We're in the country. There's nothing to loot or burn out here, except our homes. Should the city mobs decide to carry their torches into our community, with the intent to burn it down because they're mad,,, well, let's just say we country folk won't sit back and let them do it.
Don’t mess with a country boy!!!

Old 05-29-2020, 06:23 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,621,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
And that is one key that none of the PC crowd want to talk about.
These riots happen where the city leaders decide to allow it.

The murder by cop was just a pretext.
If it hadn't been that, they would have found another reason.
This was not murder or any other crime.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:29 PM

437 posts, read 548,583 times
they're mad cus they've been brainwashed their whole lives and believe whites are out to get blacks. Funny thing is whites are killed by cops almost twice as much as blacks and most of em think 99% of police victims are black.

And if we're talking about non-police involved murders well we already know there's way more black on white. Yet whites are getting destroyed cus most of the people that have lots of followers only post about white on black cus it sells for some reason.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Old 05-29-2020, 11:51 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,527,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That is 100%correct.

It’s just a “moving of the goalposts” now for looters, arsonists, agitators, and race hustlers. The cop has been arrested, now they want the other 3 arrested, next they’ll want life sentences for all 4, then they’ll want a public apology by all police departments, next they’ll want all cops banned from patrolling non-black areas. Then they’ll want the police commissioner fired. Then they’ll what the governor to resign. No action is enough for looters.

Just like the 2015 Baltimore riots and all the riots before that. Protest/riots/looting is pretty much a 3-5 year American routine at this point. Neither the politicians, cops, or neighborhoods are going to change, you can take that to the bank.
I don’t consider anything about it American other than it happening here. I certainly don’t consider any of the participants American.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:10 AM

7,658 posts, read 4,622,107 times
Shoot a world's finest looter and you'll likely go to jail. Wait to see which car he gets into and shoot out the tires so it can't go anywhere and is still there changing a tire in a riot with stolen goods in his car....well now he's going to jail.

Bet you can't hit that big screen tv box from 300 yards.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:39 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,996,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Well, it's riot time again. Are you ready?

Not every SHTF scenario involves the zombie apocolypse. How will you deal with limited unrest?

How will you approach defense when it's not socially or legally appropriate to grab your AR and mag carrier. Have you given any thought to non lethal means of defending your property? Things such as "prison riot" size cans of mace, stun and tear gas grenades? L-rad sonic weapons? (Very expensive.) Electric fences?

Once again businesses have been burned and looted. This more typifies social outrage and mass relief of pent up frustrations than of revolutionary intent. However for the first time I can recall, a police station has been burned down. One early sign of revolution is attacks directed at police and their stations. Likely this will not escalate very far, in past riots things will return to normal in about 3 days, until the next jackboot lands on some minority's neck. Are you prepared to deal within the law with limited unrest/rioting, vs widespread loss of control by authority?

A pawn shop owner is in jail for allegedly shooting a looter, and now his store is looted. Minnesota's "castle doctrine" does not extend to businesses, and it is a "retreat required" state, not "stand your ground." So you can't use lethal force to stop those attacking your property. How will you deal with ignorant (authors political opinion interjection) laws like that should a future riot ensue in your town? We can have all the preps in the world, and guns and ammo up the wazoo, and when less than total anarchy reins if you use them to defend your property most jurisdictions see YOU as the bad guy, and will happily put you in prison so the real bad guys can steal your stuff.

I saw video of a driver hitting a protester somewhere. Are you prepared to run someone down? Or for the fact that you will likely be charged? Seems like this might be a good use of "flip plates."

I was in the LA Riot of '93 and nearly 30 years later little has changed, except for a more militarized police, and we see a repeat. Back then many people were prosecuted after the fact. Something like 55 people were killed, only about half the cases were solved.

We are seeing more frequent riots and growing outrage over such incidents where minorities are treated unjustly. So far the rioting appears to be young people letting off steam. But what if we start seeing outside or more radical elements start sniping police from a distance, instead of burning cars or stores? Even my rural town, as conservative as they come, someone shot out a window at the local republican office last night. If stuffs happening here the urban centers are a tinderbox.

These are just early morning musings, but I hope they will give you things to consider in your preparations as we watch this unfold.
I lived in South Africa (Pretoria) for 4 years, and was able to observe a lot of people who had been living under tinder dry racial angst prairie fire conditions for 10 years or so when I arrived. Like Minneapolis, a corrupt far left govt, the burden of being white, firearms and legal lethal self protection were outlawed, and the lack of any consequence if the favored populace committed a crime against you (or your property)had people change their ways to survive.

Too many things I saw to list here, but one thing that stood out was I found that most people had was a detailed plan if they were forced to kill somebody else in defense. The plan did not involve police or the govt at all. I believe that was necessary for them in that time and place. I haven't forgotten that.

I grew up in Minneapolis, and will never go back to a large left wing city. I bought a house with some elbow room in a medium sized mostly conservative city in Arizona, so that was a good start for me. Only 1 close neighbor, and we share values.

I have invested in high powered air guns for use in city limits, staying within the city law on that.

The local lefty kollectives have been trying to foment protests via social media the last few days, but it is mostly geriatric old hippies that show up. I am not too worried about it there.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:41 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,996,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
This was not murder or any other crime.
That cop was acting like a thug. I don't have any pity on him.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:41 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,898,255 times
Yes I live on an island

Old 05-30-2020, 10:36 AM

3,517 posts, read 2,675,934 times
I’m ready, as soon as I turn off my TV, no riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness