Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 10:49 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,294,631 times

Advertisements

IF it gets to the point that these criminals leave the cities for the burbs to continue their carnage, the reception will be quite different than what they have received so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 12:50 PM

437 posts, read 550,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
IF it gets to the point that these criminals leave the cities for the burbs to continue their carnage, the reception will be quite different than what they have received so far.
I'm sure that'll be their next move.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:52 PM

I think the protesters think that if anyone touches them they'll be viewed as negatively as the cop that killed Floyd was. They think they're untouchable and maybe they are.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:56 PM

23,691 posts, read 70,869,486 times
Something to ponder -
There are rumors going around that many of the "rioters" are not local, but anarchists and thieves that have had their way to certain cities paid for.

However... while face masks are convenient to limit identification, they are poor protection in crowds of people who are screaming and exerting themselves physically during a pandemic. In a few weeks we may see a significant spike in Darwinian selection.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:12 PM

15,290 posts, read 17,788,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
And that is one key that none of the PC crowd want to talk about.
These riots happen where the city leaders decide to allow it.

The murder by cop was just a pretext.
If it hadn't been that, they would have found another reason.
Rioting is as American as it gets. The Boston Tea Party started it. Destruction of property! How deplorable!

They tried peaceful protest, and it got them nothing. When the 49ers took a knee during the anthem, the VP of the United States walked out of the stadium. Kaepernick got fired for starting it. Hang this one on the politicians who refused to address a civil safety issue that affects a significant portion of the population.

How would you feel if cops ran around killing unarmed survivalists? Do you really think Ruby Ridge was justified? I'm on the side of the rioters.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:06 PM

9,266 posts, read 4,887,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Something to ponder -
There are rumors going around that many of the "rioters" are not local, but anarchists and thieves that have had their way to certain cities paid for.
Not just rumor. There are some of us who used to watch, as things unfolded.
There were a couple of people, one used to be in government, when something would get together, then one would go out to where the riot was supposed to happen, and meet a certain lawyer our there. Four or five bus loads of professional rioters (they called them "community relations service" IIRC) would show up, and it wasn't too long before the looting and burning would be under way.

Quote:
However... while face masks are convenient to limit identification, they are poor protection in crowds of people who are screaming and exerting themselves physically during a pandemic. In a few weeks we may see a significant spike in Darwinian selection.
Unfortunately, Covid-19 won't kill off enough of the dope smoking looter types.

The ones I refer to wore masks even in "BC" times (before Covid).
Kept the Antifa thugs and the BLM thugs from being identified.
They would soak them in something (apple cider vinegar?), it was supposed to defend against riot gas.

I used to be one of those watchers.
Retired now.
For reasons I will only discuss in email, or on other forums.

Old 05-30-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Rioting is as American as it gets. The Boston Tea Party started it. Destruction of property! How deplorable!

They tried peaceful protest, and it got them nothing. When the 49ers took a knee during the anthem, the VP of the United States walked out of the stadium. Kaepernick got fired for starting it. Hang this one on the politicians who refused to address a civil safety issue that affects a significant portion of the population.

How would you feel if cops ran around killing unarmed survivalists? Do you really think Ruby Ridge was justified? I'm on the side of the rioters.

There's twice as many whites killed than blacks since 2017. And statistically you're more likely to die in America from a bee, wasp, or hornet than by a cop if you're unarmed. So no it's not a widespread thing. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:12 PM

6,804 posts, read 4,523,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
I think the protesters think that if anyone touches them they'll be viewed as negatively as the cop that killed Floyd was. They think they're untouchable and maybe they are.

As long as people in the cities allow them to burn and loot at will, yes, the mobs will believe they're untouchable.

The moment they bring their anger to the "burbs", trust me, we "armed rednecks" will show them how touchable they really are.

Old 05-30-2020, 05:40 PM

24,994 posts, read 11,413,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
There's twice as many whites killed than blacks since 2017. And statistically you're more likely to die in America from a bee, wasp, or hornet than by a cop if you're unarmed. So no it's not a widespread thing. Sorry to burst your bubble.
But that is not news and not media worthy.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:31 PM

13,307 posts, read 8,556,114 times
Wow!so this is how America is made great again.
Lived thru the racial riots.
I've zero reason to believe these are locally organized. Met a group that staged a ludricrous protest at our state. Paid and proud they were to stir up trouble.

I've also no doubt that if my town went into riot mode our DA and his cronies would stand by and encourage it to continue. He dearly enjoys seeing rebuke towards civil Accord.

I don't own weapontry nor consider it the one and only means to survive. Nothing I own is worth dying for. So long as my family is in a safe /secured structure far from the calamity. Life matters. Lead doesn't. Live to see another day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness