Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 07:11 PM

437 posts, read 548,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
As long as people in the cities allow them to burn and loot at will, yes, the mobs will believe they're untouchable.

The moment they bring their anger to the "burbs", trust me, we "armed rednecks" will show them how touchable they really are.
Yeah but won't the mob just then turn on those "Armed rednecks" and turn them into the next Chauvin or w.e his name is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 08:11 PM

7,658 posts, read 4,622,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
Yeah but won't the mob just then turn on those "Armed rednecks" and turn them into the next Chauvin or w.e his name is?
Sometime in the 80's our little town, along with most little towns, had an eye on the lookout for a nemesis. We called them motorcycle gangs. Towns like ours didn't have a police officer, but we did have a couple of bars. A big enough motorcycle gang could ride into a town like ours, overtake the bar, drink it dry and move on when it was good and ready.

One afternoon, I must have been about 10, the house got a call that such a gang was headed to our town. My father, who'd turned very anti-war following his years spent in the Navy, brought down and assembled his rifles, and for the first time allowed me to carry one....unloaded, and with strict instruction to keep it pointed down and that should shooting happen I was to drop it and run for home. At no point would I be aiming or firing. Some neighbors came by and we set off walking towards downtown, joined by others as we walked. I didn't have a great view as Father wanted me near the back, and there were hundreds of people there. There was one shot fired by a tall man in the air, and eventually the motorcyclists eventually emerged, and after a bit of yelling, they eventually took off. At the time I was confused as to why we had formed a C around the place....as it let the bad guys get away and we had plenty of people, but that learning was to come later.

Rioters are people looking for an easy opportunity. When confronted with an organized and armed group, they will scatter like the wind. When a citizenry has no fear that its good actions will be taken as anything but, a lot of things can be accomplished.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:56 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,710,718 times
Quote:
There's twice as many whites killed than blacks since 2017. And statistically you're more likely to die in America from a bee, wasp, or hornet than by a cop if you're unarmed. So no it's not a widespread thing. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Whites need to up their game. There's 7x as many of them, so to attain equality they need to get shot 7x as much.

How many of them were unarmed? Nobody is protesting armed black men getting shot. They are dangerous. The protest is over unarmed black men being killed, who are a minimal threat to anyone, just like Vicki Weaver taking a sniper bullet. It may be rare for an unarmed white man to be killed by a cop, but it happens to unarmed black men all the time. You can google dozens of them with no effort. Have you forgotten Ferguson so soon?

Old 05-30-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Whites need to up their game. There's 7x as many of them, so to attain equality they need to get shot 7x as much.

How many of them were unarmed? Nobody is protesting armed black men getting shot. They are dangerous. The protest is over unarmed black men being killed, who are a minimal threat to anyone, just like Vicki Weaver taking a sniper bullet. It may be rare for an unarmed white man to be killed by a cop, but it happens to unarmed black men all the time. You can google dozens of them with no effort. Have you forgotten Ferguson so soon?
Blacks commit murder at a rate 7 times higher than whites so it would seem to assume they'd have more interactions with cops? but that's besides the point. I have numbers that show there's been twice as many blacks as whites killed since 2017. Go find me some stats on the number of unarmed blacks killed vs unarmed whites. We already know that only white on black deaths go viral so we have no idea how many unarmed whites are killed unless you get the numbers.

Here are my numbers https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Old 05-30-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Sometime in the 80's our little town, along with most little towns, had an eye on the lookout for a nemesis. We called them motorcycle gangs. Towns like ours didn't have a police officer, but we did have a couple of bars. A big enough motorcycle gang could ride into a town like ours, overtake the bar, drink it dry and move on when it was good and ready.

One afternoon, I must have been about 10, the house got a call that such a gang was headed to our town. My father, who'd turned very anti-war following his years spent in the Navy, brought down and assembled his rifles, and for the first time allowed me to carry one....unloaded, and with strict instruction to keep it pointed down and that should shooting happen I was to drop it and run for home. At no point would I be aiming or firing. Some neighbors came by and we set off walking towards downtown, joined by others as we walked. I didn't have a great view as Father wanted me near the back, and there were hundreds of people there. There was one shot fired by a tall man in the air, and eventually the motorcyclists eventually emerged, and after a bit of yelling, they eventually took off. At the time I was confused as to why we had formed a C around the place....as it let the bad guys get away and we had plenty of people, but that learning was to come later.

Rioters are people looking for an easy opportunity. When confronted with an organized and armed group, they will scatter like the wind. When a citizenry has no fear that its good actions will be taken as anything but, a lot of things can be accomplished.
That won't happen in this case for many reasons IMO. 1) a lot of the rioters are organized 2)people know they can't touch em cus they'll be the next zimmerman if they do 3)the public is more on the rioters sides than the victims cus media has brainwashed them over years and years.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:13 PM

50,429 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Not one bit worried. We have enough firepower to deal with most any of this crap. We don't have ghettos like LA anyway so whatever.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:27 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,710,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Wow!so this is how America is made great again.
Lived thru the racial riots.
I've zero reason to believe these are locally organized. Met a group that staged a ludricrous protest at our state. Paid and proud they were to stir up trouble.

I've also no doubt that if my town went into riot mode our DA and his cronies would stand by and encourage it to continue. He dearly enjoys seeing rebuke towards civil Accord.

I don't own weapontry nor consider it the one and only means to survive. Nothing I own is worth dying for. So long as my family is in a safe /secured structure far from the calamity. Life matters. Lead doesn't. Live to see another day.
I hear a lot of BS about paid agitators, but nobody ever says who is footing the bill. Is that the billion dollar pallet of Franklins that Dubya lost in Iraq? Everybody was pretty sure Blackwater boosted those, so they could easily be back in the states.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:42 PM

4,215 posts, read 4,471,862 times
Quote:
they're mad cus they've been brainwashed their whole lives and believe whites are out to get blacks. Funny thing is whites are killed by cops almost twice as much as blacks and most of em think 99% of police victims are black.

And if we're talking about non-police involved murders well we already know there's way more black on white. Yet whites are getting destroyed cus most of the people that have lots of followers only post about white on black cus it sells for some reason.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

How dare you - Math is racist!

https://www.hoover.org/research/seat...-behindseattle

Old 05-30-2020, 11:44 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,744,059 times
With the rise of antifas and archaists groups the states should've known to deploy huge police presence and national guard. People just don't realize that when you have a large group of protestors, it is the perfect opportunity to incite chaos and riots. You may have the lead protest groups peacefully marching down through cities meanwhile the antifas blending with these people suddenly broke out and start through things and breaking store windows. That's how they work. The police are shorthanded when they underestimated the size of the protest.

It's the perfect storm because so many people unemployed and being stuck inside without much to do.

Even after these riots are over, America never does anything to prevent these kinds of riots from reoccurring.

Just don't live in a major city, more people will likely move out of big cities like NYC, LA after this.

Old 05-31-2020, 01:30 AM

334 posts, read 188,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Rioting is as American as it gets. The Boston Tea Party started it. Destruction of property! How deplorable!

They tried peaceful protest, and it got them nothing. When the 49ers took a knee during the anthem, the VP of the United States walked out of the stadium. Kaepernick got fired for starting it. Hang this one on the politicians who refused to address a civil safety issue that affects a significant portion of the population.

How would you feel if cops ran around killing unarmed survivalists? Do you really think Ruby Ridge was justified? I'm on the side of the rioters.
You're on the side of the rioters "until they come rioting in your neighborhood." The riots are not for "justice" but for "chaos." They want to start a civil war brought to you by yours truly ANTIFA and their goons (who are usually paid and bused in and frequently young white leftist-liberals, that's why you see so many young white people rioting) backed by the one-and-only billionaire George Soros. He backs a lot of NGOs around the world to instigate his vision of a "one world government." He's been kicked out of a few countries including his birth country Hungary. The riots will only result in the citizenry (who most of them have not rioted) being the victim of more of our freedoms being taken away.

Quote:
Blacks commit murder at a rate 7 times higher than whites so it would seem to assume they'd have more interactions with cops? but that's besides the point. I have numbers that show there's been twice as many blacks as whites killed since 2017. Go find me some stats on the number of unarmed blacks killed vs unarmed whites. We already know that only white on black deaths go viral so we have no idea how many unarmed whites are killed unless you get the numbers.

Here are my numbers https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/
Uhm...did you read the chart properly? There have been more whites killed than blacks by the police according to the chart you linked to from 2017. Now if you mean that there are more black people killed or hurt from "black-on-black crime" since 2017 you might be on to something. Just this past Memorial Day weekend 10 people were killed and over 45 shot in Chicago alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness