Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IYO... Are we about to experience a SHTF event
NO 42 37.17%
YES 21 18.58%
Very soon, less then 3 months 7 6.19%
In 6 months or so 8 7.08%
It will happen shortly, but last less then a month 1 0.88%
It will happen but gradually 16 14.16%
By next year big time event 3 2.65%
Absolutely, I'm expecting a form of civil war 11 9.73%
It will be a slow burn towards depression 16 14.16%
Our government will suspend the constitution and declare Marshall law 7 6.19%
other... explain 9 7.96%
Only wacko's believe in SHTF, not the town in Texas 8 7.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 12:29 PM

2,622 posts, read 1,170,699 times

Advertisements

I have not heard about a Red Heifer since the early 2000's. Israel didn't have a pure bread or they had only one left. Last I read online about them was they had to use DNA of another cow to try and make a Red Heiffer cow. After a few tries they finally got one. I assume they kept breeding them to get a more pure one. I still don't see the big deal about a red cow and I don't approve of burning it to death while alive if that is their intention. I say that because there was some animal I read in the bible, can't remember which hoofed one, they burned alive as a sacrifice.

Other than Israel still being under the old laws, covenant and not accepting the Christ it makes some sense that they would live by the old ways with sacrificing animals. They don't get the Christ took the place for not just human sins but for the animals who suffered for the original sin according to the bible that I think it meant.

Anyway killing a specific kind of animal or any for a sacrifice makes no sense to me. Hoofed animals, birds, fish for food yeah that I can see and accept.

Last edited by staystill; 04-14-2024 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: pigs are horribly tortured so I don't see any sense in eating them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 02:00 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I have not heard about a Red Heifer since the early 2000's.
I hear about it, every few months.

No reliable sources give any indication that the Jews have plans to make the sacrifice, but there is a lot of chatter among unreliable (and even seditious) sources. Let us leave it at that.

Any further discussion of Jewish and Christian rituals and beliefs should be in a different forum (outside of City Data).

(Washington Post is not a reliable source, BTW, and is pay walled.)

Old 04-14-2024, 02:21 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,271,755 times
When you see other people who have more than you, and you have been raised that your way of life is superior, it is easy to assume that the 'other people' must be evil.

When I was young, Catholics and Protestants did not mix. I was raised that going to a Catholic church was the equivalent to stepping close to the doorway to hell. First time I went to a mass with a friend, part of me waited for God to punish me.

Fortunately, I had an English teacher in high school who challenged us. She assigned us topics for papers that made us uncomfortable. At that time, if you were not heterosexual, you were an abomination. She assigned us a paper wherein we had to defend our beliefs on the subject. That was only one example. She was a great teacher.

Religion has always been a trigger. Leaders look for someone to blame for what goes wrong because it allows them to control people. I worked with a Muslim girl. I asked her why they built a mosque on the site of King Soloman's temple. Didn't they think it would upset the Jews? Her response was that it didn't matter, because their religion was the only true, perfect religion so they were allowed to claim any site that THEY considered holy. She was totally serious.

From what I have learned from history, one religion taking over another religion's holy sites seems to be rather common.

As far as who owns a piece of land, it appears that land belongs to whomever can take and hold it.

As one of the common people, all I can do is to speak up when someone attacks my ideas and values as a red letter Christian; vote for the person I feel will be the best leader, and prepare for the worst.

Old 04-14-2024, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Best news I have heard, all week.

I wrote a booklet length article about this, about 6 months ago.
I didn't predict the details, but I showed that it is all one war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
yes mostly East against West.
Well, mostly.

Trouble is, we have about a million (might be more than two million) enemy operatives in our country.

Old 04-14-2024, 02:44 PM

8,478 posts, read 4,724,709 times
I don’t, it feels more like the slow burn of Rome fading away rather than an apocalyptic end. None of us have a crystal ball, though.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I hear about it, every few months.

No reliable sources give any indication that the Jews have plans to make the sacrifice, but there is a lot of chatter among unreliable (and even seditious) sources. Let us leave it at that.

Any further discussion of Jewish and Christian rituals and beliefs should be in a different forum (outside of City Data).

(Washington Post is not a reliable source, BTW, and is pay walled.)
I thought I was answering in this thread:

What still needs to happen before Christ's Second Coming? (protestant, Papacy, Baptist)

Last edited by staystill; 04-16-2024 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: I don't know how the Red Heiffer got into this thread. Maybe a moderator can move it to the right place.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I thought I was answering in this thread:

What still needs to happen before Christ's Second Coming? (protestant, Papacy, Baptist)
Red Heifer got into this thread because someone (not you) asked about it.

(They were asking about a rumor that is was about to happen.)

This thread: "who believes SHTF is about to happen" and I said things are stable for today, at least.

Were a Red Heifer to be sacrificed at (not in) the Temple, "SHTF would happen."

There wouldn't be any more "about to."

That is why they asked about it.

Not sure why someone else (not you or I) posted about a lamb being sacrificed
I guess they thought a heifer was a lamb.

Old 04-16-2024, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Red Heifer got into this thread because someone (not you) asked about it.

(They were asking about a rumor that is was about to happen.)

This thread: "who believes SHTF is about to happen" and I said things are stable for today, at least.

Were a Red Heifer to be sacrificed at (not in) the Temple, "SHTF would happen."

There wouldn't be any more "about to."

That is why they asked about it.

Not sure why someone else (not you or I) posted about a lamb being sacrificed
I guess they thought a heifer was a lamb.
Thank you for clarifying I thought I was loosing it when I couldn't find the post about that red cow. I just thought I was in that other thread. It gets confusing sometimes.

Yes I agree SHTF could happen then if they do sacrifice that Red Heifer but not sure about "would."
To me killing a that animal would not have any significance other than killing it for no good reason makes no sense. To me it's like killing cats and dogs which makes no sense me.

Last edited by staystill; 04-16-2024 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: ok no more about the Red Heifer on this thread.

Old 04-16-2024, 11:03 AM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
My crystal ball is cloudy, but I do believe we are in unprecedented times of chaos and unrest. It costs me very little EXTRA to be prepared. Yes ... I have bought some items to facilitate/aid my preparedness, but not too much. In fact most of what I need to survive in a SHTF event I already have since my rural life requires it.

I tried to include as many options as I think are relevant, but if your 'choice' isn't there say so and expound.
People have been talking about this since the '60s. Or earlier. In ancient times, it was will a giant fire-breathing sea monster swallow our city/country/continent?

I can say definitely, maybe. Maybe not.

And BTW, it's martial law, not Marshall Law. I think Marshall Law was on "Wanted, Dead or Alive." Or maybe "Gunsmoke."

Old 04-16-2024, 11:43 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
People have been talking about this since the '60s. Or earlier. In ancient times, it was will a giant fire-breathing sea monster swallow our city/country/continent?

I can say definitely, maybe. Maybe not.

And BTW, it's martial law, not Marshall Law. I think Marshall Law was on "Wanted, Dead or Alive." Or maybe "Gunsmoke."
So you think "being prepared" is a false dichotomy? Was Marshall dillion prepared?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness