Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 12:38 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,309,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
To live in California and enjoy it, you should want to be rich, show it and have narrow passionate interests and purposefully dumb about most things. You should not work long hours and game your job to put in additional slack time. You pay taxes because there is a program for every ill that afflicts the state, and if those programs aren't working, that's not your problem....now back to my $200K doghouse.

To live in South Dakota and enjoy it, you should be modest and be aware and involved in your community. You are purposefully smart on most things even if you have little exposure to them. You will work long hours and will work to increase your scope. You don't pay taxes but do help. Now, back to my 4-H troop's meeting on how to build a doghouse with this donated lumber.
I grew up in South Dakota, live in CA, but am getting ready to retire and may move back to Sioux Falls.
YOU COMPLETELY NAILED IT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota