Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM

242 posts, read 1,117,300 times

Advertisements

Like I said it is not the usage. There are a lot of metho labs out in the hills and rough terrain. Being on a major corridor for transportation there is a lot of through the area traffic. Usage is probably a lot less than even Temecula area. Most residents ignore it or don't even know there is a problem. I only kno about it since my neighbor is a Sherrifs deputy.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 PM

445 posts, read 1,810,589 times
I see thank you for clearing that up for me!!!

Good night

Oh by the way does Utah change time?? I know Arizona does not..

Old 08-10-2007, 03:35 AM

617 posts, read 2,822,896 times
Yes Utah chages time in April and October. I think only AZ and Iowa, are the only states who don't, and Iowa even might change now.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:37 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,733,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Yes Utah chages time in April and October. I think only AZ and Iowa, are the only states who don't, and Iowa even might change now.
Indiana is the mid-western state that does not change, I believe. Definitely not Iowa, since I grew up there.

CravenClan – you stated that you earned about $120k a year in So. Cal. This is totally unscientific, but I’d be prepared to earn half that in Utah. Maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised if things turn out better, but earnings are much lower here. I suppose if you find out what your company will pay, and your husband can accurately forecast his rates and the amount of business he will have, you can get a better handle on that.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:43 PM

24,476 posts, read 26,017,453 times
Coolcats,
I beleive IN now obsevers DST in all counties. see 3rd article down.

Daylight Saving Time

Old 08-10-2007, 12:50 PM

24,476 posts, read 26,017,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie-Rabbit View Post
LOL, I use to work for Color Country tours back before I got married in the late 70's. I know this end of the state extremely well.
I shoulda figured. Your a joy to read.

Does Larry still own Flannigans in Springdale?

Old 08-10-2007, 01:37 PM

281 posts, read 1,185,671 times
I should point out that we live on acreage we've owned for years and decided to just go ahead and "do it" in our decision to move there a year ago from SoCal. It's very rural and we're surrounded by alfalfa farms, open flat valley expanse and a mile from the hills. We like it a lot. But there are a few things in common with our remote area and cities like Cedar and St. George. And these things might be missed by folks moving there from more populated places. If you use satallite TV for example, you will find that all the network "local" broadcasting comes from Salt Lake. That includes news, weather and local interest programing. There are no network broadcast stations in southern Utah. I suppose it would be like having the closest "local" news for Southern California broadcast from San Francisco. There are also no network reporters or photographers stationed in the southern state area so local coverage of anything is often done by freelance camerapeople and sold to the Salt Lake stations.
Another thing that one definately gets reminded of is although St. George is becoming a sizable metro area, it is isolated. For Craven there is a pretty good analogy if you consider Temecula. Going south on the 15 from there you would go through Escondido. That would be Mesquite. Going further would be San Diego. That would be Vegas. The distances are arguably similar. But the space inbetween is exactly what you see between Vegas and Baker. If you go north you go through Elsinore. That would be Cedar City. But if you go further there is no Riverside or beginning of one city blending into the next for 90 miles. It is 3 hours to the start of any appriciable metro area.
All that to say is what's in St. George is what you've got without a trip to Vegas. And lot's of folks go there for any real compitition for major purchases. Cetainly not a show stopper for a move. Not even for us who aren't even within 30 miles of say, a McDonalds. But we did our homework and knew what we were committing to. And knowledge is power.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:47 PM

445 posts, read 1,810,589 times
Coolcats- I did not state we made $120k a year, that was Irish Mama...from florida.

I did not state what we make, as it is not relevant. Besides, there is no way we could make the money we make here, and we are prepared for that. But then again, when we move we won;t have to deal with the s***t heads here either, that you can't put a price on!!

Gotta chase a few kids, by for now....

Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 PM

242 posts, read 1,117,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
I shoulda figured. Your a joy to read.

Does Larry still own Flannigans in Springdale?
yep And the sisters finally sold the Driftwood. change has happened in and around Springdale. They even have a mircobrewery.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:58 AM

77 posts, read 434,583 times
There is a local news channel KCSG here that does news..In fact I read that they are going to starting a 7-9 am program here in the next few weeks..Right now they are on 5:30 and 9pm..I love having a local channel since we are so far away from the news on the other stations...It will be interesting to see how the 2 hour morning program goes though..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George