Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM

8 posts, read 39,893 times

Advertisements

Hi dogmom,

Thanks for your message! We are from south Orange County (San Jaun Capistrano) and lived there for 35 years. I miss it so badly and wish so much that we could afford to go back there and be close to the ocean again. We took so much for granted when we lived there. I have told all my neighbors and good friends who still live down there not to make the same mistake that we did. We miss all of our friends and the culture that we foolishly and on the spur of the moment decision left behind without thinking. It's nice to know that we are not alone in our feelings.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:32 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,583,262 times
Have you ever considered that you get back exactly what you give out? You wouldn't happen to be one of those that moved here to get away from somewhere to find a better life and then promptly start making attempts to change your new home to match your old one, would you?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:53 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,293,964 times
Predos, if you are talking to me...no, we did not move here to find a better life or get away from anything...and no, not trying to change Utah..it is what it is...I'm fairly certain that a lot of folks move somewhere else and decide its not for them, for many reasons...and not just in Utah...listen, no place is perfect...and by the way....we tried really hard to be good neighbors, got out there to meet them, did the neighborhood potlucks....they are the ones who decided that since we were not converting or whatever, to shun us. Boom, just like that. We have never had a problem being a good neighbor and certainly never a problem making friends.

Not a good way to advertise their state...and yes we are leaving. And now I need to sign off so I can keep packing up....

Old 09-13-2007, 07:33 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,583,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Predos, if you are talking to me...no, we did not move here to find a better life or get away from anything...and no, not trying to change Utah..it is what it is...I'm fairly certain that a lot of folks move somewhere else and decide its not for them, for many reasons...and not just in Utah...listen, no place is perfect...and by the way....we tried really hard to be good neighbors, got out there to meet them, did the neighborhood potlucks....they are the ones who decided that since we were not converting or whatever, to shun us. Boom, just like that. We have never had a problem being a good neighbor and certainly never a problem making friends.

Not a good way to advertise their state...and yes we are leaving. And now I need to sign off so I can keep packing up....
And were these other people to tell their views of you, they would agree with everything you say? I doubt it, as there are two sides to each story.

Good luck on where ever you are moving to, but remember, as YOU said, no place is perfect. You can always do worse.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:41 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,293,964 times
You are welcome to stay in Utah, its not for us..and as far as WE go, no we aren't going to do worse. And don't assume that the other people would tell a different side to my story...or whatever, I'm getting tired of the phoniness around us......I don't really care anymore..time for us to head back to the 21st century...and that's all I am going to say to you. Utahis great for Utahns. Have a great day.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
C44

31 posts, read 114,132 times
Default Refund!

It is one thing to live in a closed society, but another to be denied employment based on which religious sect one belongs to. Most forget that this is the United States with Federal Laws that protect against this kind of thing.

It is no coincidence that stories of discrimination are the norm for Non-Mormons in this town. Period. So, the options of living here are limited when one is denied employment. I've paid into a society that will not employ me. Can I get a refund?

I have YET to meet a non-mormon living here tell me that they have been openly welcomed by the mormons. Isn't part of Christianty acceptance? This is so bizzare and surreal where employment is only for the select few and people who have a legal right to live and work here are moving out NOT because of crime or drugs, BUT because of their religious beliefs (or lack of).

For those of who might be offended by this message because you think I'm bashing your faith, I'm not. I am really trying to understand the why this is happening to so many. And not all of them are on this forum.

I've lived in Hawaii, California, Minn., and Utah. Never have I experience overwheming discrimination and exclusion as I have here in Southern Utah. And I am NOT a bad person.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:36 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,093,907 times
Since Christina (Cravens Clan the OP) hasn’t been back to this thread in weeks, I think we can assume that she’s had her questions answered.

I think this is a great place to end this thread. Thanks for everyone’s participation.

Feel free to add comments to any of the other threads on St. George or to start a new one if you have any other specific questions about the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George