Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,121,134 times

Advertisements

I think it is pretty obvious she was using chloroform as a babysitter and overdosed and killed Caylee accidently.

I don't think this qualifies you for the death penalty. There was no intent to kill.

I think she will get life in prison. With or without parole? I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,558,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I think it is pretty obvious she was using chloroform as a babysitter and overdosed and killed Caylee accidently.

I don't think this qualifies you for the death penalty. There was no intent to kill.

The fact that she 'was using chloroform' somehow infers that her lack of regard for the child's life was flagrant.

Many young mother's think long and hard before giving a toddler juice.

I don't think I will ever understand Casey Anthony. Records of this case reveal that psychological assessments have been done and are sealed. The consensus among mental health professionals that comment is 'sociopath'. It has been said such people just 'don't care'--so, yes, I think she could have administered chloroform w/o caring if the child lived or died, which wouldn't be 'accidental'.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:30 AM

346 posts, read 500,171 times
Quote:

Yes, but wasn't she also found out to have googled "neck breaking" along with "chloroform"? I saw that on 48 Hours.

That tells me a lot about intent right there.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 AM

14,506 posts, read 14,482,134 times
Quote:

Going by what we read in the media is always dangerous. Nevertheless, I'm going to indulge in some speculation here. This is what I believe occurred. I apologize if this sounds too graphic.

1. Casey thought long and hard about ways to kill her child and the computer searches and her efforts to obtain a chemical compound like chloroform bear that out. I think the evidence in this case will show an extreme amount of premeditation on her part.

2. I think one day while they were alone, and after Casey made her plans and obtained the chloroform that she grabbed Kaylee and held a rag soaked in chloroform over her nose and mouth. Kaylee than lost consciousness and passed out.

3. Casey than placed masking tape over the mouth and nose of Kaylee so that she would stop breathing and suffocate.

4. I think the steps I've described in 1,2, and 3 were the easy parts for her. The harder parts were deciding what to do with the child's body after she was dead. I don't think she had given this much thought. She left the body in the back of that car for so long it began to decompose. That accounts for all those comments about the "awful smell".

5. Casey finally thought if she put the body in a bag and left it in a vacant lot it would never be discovered. I think she was genuinely shocked when the body was discovered--not at what she had done, but that her plan had gone awry.

6. She also hadn't given much thought to what she would tell people when her daughter disappeared. That accounts for the clumsy, contradictory, and totally unbelieveable stories she told the police and others.

My hunch is when this all said in done she will get life without parole. However, there maybe more horrible details about the way this crime was committed that will yet emerge. The fact that the state did not make any deals with Casey with the evidence this strong is interesting and it may be ominous. At this point, I would still bet against the death penalty, but things may get worse for her.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,494,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Going by what we read in the media is always dangerous. Nevertheless, I'm going to indulge in some speculation here. This is what I believe occurred. I apologize if this sounds too graphic.

1. Casey thought long and hard about ways to kill her child and the computer searches and her efforts to obtain a chemical compound like chloroform bear that out. I think the evidence in this case will show an extreme amount of premeditation on her part.

2. I think one day while they were alone, and after Casey made her plans and obtained the chloroform that she grabbed Kaylee and held a rag soaked in chloroform over her nose and mouth. Kaylee than lost consciousness and passed out.

3. Casey than placed masking tape over the mouth and nose of Kaylee so that she would stop breathing and suffocate.

4. I think the steps I've described in 1,2, and 3 were the easy parts for her. The harder parts were deciding what to do with the child's body after she was dead. I don't think she had given this much thought. She left the body in the back of that car for so long it began to decompose. That accounts for all those comments about the "awful smell".

5. Casey finally thought if she put the body in a bag and left it in a vacant lot it would never be discovered. I think she was genuinely shocked when the body was discovered--not at what she had done, but that her plan had gone awry.

6. She also hadn't given much thought to what she would tell people when her daughter disappeared. That accounts for the clumsy, contradictory, and totally unbelieveable stories she told the police and others.

My hunch is when this all said in done she will get life without parole. However, there maybe more horrible details about the way this crime was committed that will yet emerge. The fact that the state did not make any deals with Casey with the evidence this strong is interesting and it may be ominous. At this point, I would still bet against the death penalty, but things may get worse for her.
I agree with you on how she murdered her own child.

Why not just give her child to her parents to raise? Or do you think she wanted them to give her all their money and not any on her child?

I haven't followed this case as all of you have so the questions I have may appear dumb. Sorry.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,493,095 times
I don't think that the jury will have a choice here, this is a death penalty case. Death or go free. I could be wrong here...but isn't that the charge? When there is a death penalty, there are no other options.

I know the crime is horrible, and there was intent, but I think that there was alot of emotionalism and sensationalism in this case, and that is why they did the death penalty. I am not sure that this merits the death penalty, as I see it...life in prison yes, if it was indeed pre-meditated.

Last edited by jasper12; 05-23-2011 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,437,706 times
Quote:

This is pretty much the same conclusion most people who are involved have come to. I think it would be best if she just says "This is what happened...." and give herself to a probable life sentence.

MY GOSH....you guys should see the circus ascending on downtown Orlando. Not only do I work for a newspaper a few blocks away, but there are expecting over 500 reporters and their crews from all around the world. There are so many people who work downtown who now have to figure out how to get to work through all the traffic. What a mess.

If I find out anything special.....I'll let you guys know.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:58 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,662,897 times
lol, oh so chloroform is acceptable as a form of child control now?....wow. chloral hydrate in pill form can knock out and possibly overdose an adult.....

fwiw Orlando always had some kind of circus going on.....It is very sad for the grandparents, I dont think the knew how psychotic their daughter really was...

Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,662,897 times
Pre-meditated murder= first degree....No she will NOT go free if she does not get the death penalty.

In criminal law the hardest thing to prove is INTENT, but it seems Casey is quite calculating and capable.....that will show to the jury. Calculating and manipulative sociopaths do not present well in court.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,202,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol, oh so chloroform is acceptable as a form of child control now?....wow. chloral hydrate in pill form can knock out and possibly overdose an adult.....

fwiw Orlando always had some kind of circus going on.....It is very sad for the grandparents, I dont think the knew how psychotic their daughter really was...
Do you really believe this that george and cindy did not know how psychotic casey was ? I do believe that she must have showed some pretty awful signs before this happened . I think they probably ignored it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime