Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 03:31 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,141,843 times

Advertisements

First of all 11 year olds can't be sent to prison even when older for crime committed at that age. Seond no adult can legally have sex with a 11 year old thetehr she consented or not.In many cases there is proof without the perosn testifying to gulit in such cases. But the wronged person certainyl has the opiton of suing the perosn and the proof is much less to win than criminal court.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:34 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,290,991 times
And guess what race fans? Here is even a BIGGER kicker:

Jane makes a false allegation of rape against Bob. I conduct an investigation and PROVE it was false. It never occurred. It is still, under the Uniform Crime Report, considered a rape statistically.

So all these women throwing around rape statistics: Those statistics are completely skewed and false.

When I get sent to the scene of a sexual assault, no matter what kind, the first thing in my mind is why? Why is this being reported, by whom, and what motive does the victim have?

I've had literally DOZENS of 14 yr old girls, reporting sexual assaults by their father/step father. And guess what? Mom is standing right there. After a brief interview, just about my first question to mom is: Are you and your husband going through a divorce? 9 times out of 10: Yes. Reinterview 14 yr old, without mom in the room, and 14 yr old admits mom put her up too it. "Dad is the greatest guy in the world and would never harm me."

Again, this has to be documented in what people love to refer to as "a official police report." And even though it is UNFOUNDED, it is still a statistic of sexual assault.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:36 PM

7,352 posts, read 11,821,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And guess what race fans? Here is even a BIGGER kicker:

Jane makes a false allegation of rape against Bob. I conduct an investigation and PROVE it was false. It never occurred. It is still, under the Uniform Crime Report, considered a rape statistically.

So all these women throwing around rape statistics: Those statistics are completely skewed and false.

When I get sent to the scene of a sexual assault, no matter what kind, the first thing in my mind is why? Why is this being reported, by whom, and what motive does the victim have?

I've had literally DOZENS of 14 yr old girls, reporting sexual assaults by their father/step father. And guess what? Mom is standing right there. After a brief interview, just about my first question to mom is: Are you and your husband going through a divorce? 9 times out of 10: Yes. Reinterview 14 yr old, without mom in the room, and 14 yr old admits mom put her up too it. "Dad is the greatest guy in the world and would never harm me."

Again, this has to be documented in what people love to refer to as "a official police report." And even though it is UNFOUNDED, it is still a statistic of sexual assault.
Wait, whoa up Nellie -- the UCR only counts the complaints and doesn't count whether they were substantiated or not? Is that true for other crimes?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,727,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

A Ventura County judge has ordered a woman to pay her former boyfriend more than $55,000 after she falsely accused him of raping and brutalizing her in Simi Valley in 2008 during a child-custody dispute.
Read more: False accusation will cost woman $55,000 » Ventura County Star
- vcstar.com False accusation will cost woman $55,000 » Ventura County Star
I saw this on one of the crime shows before the civil suit was finished. This was one of the egregious abuses of prosecutorial discretion I have ever seen. This wasn't a simple little white lie the "victim" made up in a fit of rage. This woman and her husband concocted and executed a complex plot to frame her ex. The fact that she was not prosecuted is a legal travesty. The Feds should intervene in this case. Charge her with a civil rights abuse.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,205,545 times
What a horrible thing to do. Sexual assault victims have a hard time coming forward, and this type of BS just makes it worse. Why would you falsely accuse someone of something as horrible as rape? She should be prosecuted, in my opinion.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:00 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,290,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What a horrible thing to do. Sexual assault victims have a hard time coming forward, and this type of BS just makes it worse. Why would you falsely accuse someone of something as horrible as rape? She should be prosecuted, in my opinion.
Please do not take what I am about to say as a personal afront to you; it is not. However, your statement is very naive and, although I am bitter and cynical, very disheartening. There are literally thousands of scenarios where women have reported false sexual assaults to "get out of something."

Just to name a FEW:

-I had sex with someone I shouldn't have. My husband/significant other found out. How do I justify it?
-I had a few drinks too many. I wasn't drunk, but how do I justify having sex with someone?
-I'm underage and I was out with my boyfriend. I was past my curfew. How do I get around my parents?
I know. I was kidnaped and raped by a "black man."

In 1989 I had a whole 6 months as a police officer (I've told this on CD before). I had a rape in PROGRESS. Never heard of. I get to the house and a man had another man, naked, trapped against a corner of a wall with a chair. Female on the bed crying, "He broke in and raped me." Long drawn out investigation.

Well naked man was her lover, she was married to clothed man, who came home and caught him. She cried rape. They had an affair for 3 years. At his house were photographs of them together at Disneyland, Mickey Mouse Ears and all.

Now, we can argue morals, ethics all day long. However, that isn't the issue here. The issue here, I conducted a 20+ hour rape investigation and I arrested a man for a rape he didn't commit. But Phil, you released him, right? Yes, I did. However, go to get a job now. The arrest is still on his record and ALWAYS will be. Even though he didn't commit a rape. It will NEVER go away and will haunt this poor sap forever. Oh yes, I know, some will say: Oh well, shouldn't have been having an affair with a married woman. I agree. However, again, that isn't the issue.

The issue is, some poor slob spent the weekend in jail and has a rape arrest on his background, because some female didn't want their husband to know the truth. And yes, race fans, it was reported as a rape, to the UCR. Even though I arrested her for filing a false police report and filing a false emergency. Oh by the way you liberals? The district attorney REFUSED to prosecute her at all. FOR ANYTHING.

Now remember where your tax dollars go and why it takes so long for a police officer to come to your house.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:46 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,493,095 times
I have worked with many women who have mental illness and they perceive things differently. Many are immature and have personality disorders, such as histronic, and wanting attention. A person like this may make an accusation of rape, and because of their mental illness, they don't see the victim or consequences of their action, this entire situation is about them. And their needs.

One situation, a woman said she was raped. Her "rapist" was an acquaintance of hers...he swore she came on to him...he said, she said, situation. I knew this woman was mentally unstable. She had been abused as a child, and often was confused and conflicted in adult social situations.

I know this, regardless of the incident....this woman felt like she had been raped. This was "real" to her.

So....yes it is messed up....but should we prosecute mentally ill women who cant keep reality and their own skewed mental perception of "reality"? Not always so cut and dried..."she is a liar, off with her head"....

Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 AM

14,506 posts, read 14,482,134 times
I am not convinced that the solution to every problem we have in society is jail time, jail time, and more jail time.

Let me give an example. A woman makes a false complaint of rape that she clearly knows is false. The man falsely accused of this crime hires an attorney. The charges are ultimately dropped. In the meantime, the man incurs thousands of dollars in legal bills. The best case scenario would be to have the person falsely accused reimbursed for the money he spent.

Now, what happens when you put the other person in jail. They aren't working. They have legal bills of their own. They aren't in much of a position to reimburse the man who was falsely accused of this crime. Additionally, incarcerating a person costs the taxpayers somewhere in the neighborhood of $40,000 to $65,000 a year.

What would make the most sense in such a situation is to use the threat of imprisonment to require the false accuser to reimburse the victim to the best of her ability. Keep her out of jail, but make her work. I also think this might be the best solution to many non-violent theft offenses. If the offender refuses to work and make any serious restitution than jail may be the only solution. However, it should be a last resort because its a lose/lose situation for those involved.

Sometimes life is just unfair. That doesn't mean the problem should be compounded.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,205,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Please do not take what I am about to say as a personal afront to you; it is not. However, your statement is very naive and, although I am bitter and cynical, very disheartening. There are literally thousands of scenarios where women have reported false sexual assaults to "get out of something."
I'm not naive, but I am idealistic at times and false accusations (excuse me for going religious for a moment) are in that old top ten list of stuff not to do.

When I was thirteen, a friend's older brother tried to rape me at his house. He threw me on the ground in the bathroom and was getting ready to try his worst when I managed to grab an old metal hair pick (the kind people with curly hair used to use back in the day) and stabbed at his genitals as hard as I could. He got his hand down there just in time and when the ten little holes in his hand started bleeding he left.

I never told my parents, and no law enforcement was called. My best friend was date-raped in high school and didn't tell her parents for twenty years because she wasn't supposed to be at his house in the first place.

So yes, I get a little pissy when people make false accusations. It's hard enough to come forward with the real ones.

I don't doubt your story, Phil. It just ticks me off that people do things like that.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 PM

79,144 posts, read 61,269,444 times
I've banned a step-daughter from having one of her friends over to the house because her mom is a scheming pile of trash and I don't trust that she wouldn't coerce her daughter into claiming some sort of abuse against me or another of the kids.

I didn't use to think that way but I have a lawyer buddy that is currently trying to exonerate a guy that got put away in jail like that. The classic....mom wanted him out of the way, full custody etc. so the easiest way to do that....false charges.

The problem is that often the accuser is just a kid being manipulated (threatened?) by adults....they really don't stand a chance. Hard to press charges when the manipulator can claim they were just responding to what the kid said and then it becomes 2 competing versions of the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime