Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

Rape lie recanted after WA man spends 9 years in prison | KING5.com Seattle
The Cowlitz County prosecutor says she won't charge a Longview woman who admitted she lied when she said her father raped her -- sending him to prison for more than nine years. Prosecutor Sue Baur says charging Cassandra Kennedy might discourage girls from reporting sexual assaults.

That... that's one mean 11 year old girl. Note.. a trial by jury and he totally went 9 years and you know... they don't like child molesters in prison..

Former USC Brian Banks Exonerated of Raping Wanetta Gibson | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
According to documents in the case, she met with Banks and said she had lied; there had been no kidnap and no rape and she offered to help him clear his record.
But she subsequently refused to repeat the story to prosecutors because she feared she would have to return a $1.5 million payment from a civil suit brought by her mother against Long Beach schools.
She was quoted as telling Banks: “I will go through with helping you but it’s like at the same time all that money they gave us, I mean gave me, I don’t want to have to pay it back.

I'm gonna share a piece of my life with you. I was once accused of harrassing someone at work. Not sexual harrassment. Just harrassment. I'm the most non-harrassing guy I know. It's a long complicated story but it involved 1 good friend's crazy ex-wife misunderstading something, and reporting that to some other woman, who reported it to another crazy woman I work with, who took that mistatement personally, and went to Human Resources. And then, I had my boss in my face telling me I couldn'tbe within 50 feet of that person, at any time. I was like ... "Wtf?" but I needed the job, and I stayed at that manufacturing plant for about 6 months more. I had .. about 4 months where my "Big circle of friends" became my "Small circle of people who were actually my friends." People avoided me like a hot rock. I was "The harrassment guy." I got looks. I got some really weird, mean looks. People would stop talking when I came around. It was bad.

Then the same crazy person made the same harassment attack on another guy. Who then said she did it because she was sexually harrassing him. She's been there for a year, I think. he'd been there for like .. seven years. From what I heard, they told her if she mentioned being harrassed again, she'd soon be out of a job. I also noticed the people who used to shun me, started not shunning me. Suddenly, I was innocent.

My boss told me "Dude, I don't know who to believe." and I told him, "Yes. Yes, you do. I do, too. You better believe her. Because what if it's true?" "Youv'e got to treat me as if I'm guilty."
In other words, it totally sucked.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:48 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Sorry that you had to go thru that!

I don't understand why these women were not prosecuted. I mean, I can understand if it's a case of mistaken identity, it happens. But to just accuse someone for the purpose of revenge, oh Hell no!

It's hard enough to get a legitimate rape case to court and all these fraudulent cases just make it more difficult. Not to mention, it makes women look bad.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:45 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Let's face facts. Women use sex as leverage. It's something men have never had the luxury of exploiting. Women may be equal, but some of them certainly have no problem playing the sex card when it's convenient. Ask any cop that has pulled over a vivacious female for speeding.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:52 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Unfortunately, I was taught early, that in the working world, you really do have to keep female collegues at arms length and make everything strictly business. All it takes is one false harassment charge and you're done. Being accused of sexual harrassment is sort of like being accused as being a pedophile--hey it might be false, and you may be able to even prove that, but the label never really goes away. It may not be right, but that's the way the world has gone.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Almost nothing happens to a woman who falsely accuses a man of rape or domestic violence. The criminal justice system is heavily bias, run by feminists and racist feminized males. Which is why I believe there should be gender segregation in schools and in workforces. I may sound harsh for saying this, but I think capital punishment is the best solution for false accusers since they can literally cause the course of someone's life.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
Al Sharpton's claim to fame - Twana Brawley. To this day not an apology for the false claims from either one.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Rape lie recanted after WA man spends 9 years in prison | KING5.com Seattle
The Cowlitz County prosecutor says she won't charge a Longview woman who admitted she lied when she said her father raped her -- sending him to prison for more than nine years. Prosecutor Sue Baur says charging Cassandra Kennedy might discourage girls from reporting sexual assaults.

That... that's one mean 11 year old girl. Note.. a trial by jury and he totally went 9 years and you know... they don't like child molesters in prison..

Former USC Brian Banks Exonerated of Raping Wanetta Gibson | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline
According to documents in the case, she met with Banks and said she had lied; there had been no kidnap and no rape and she offered to help him clear his record.
But she subsequently refused to repeat the story to prosecutors because she feared she would have to return a $1.5 million payment from a civil suit brought by her mother against Long Beach schools.
She was quoted as telling Banks: “I will go through with helping you but it’s like at the same time all that money they gave us, I mean gave me, I don’t want to have to pay it back.

I'm gonna share a piece of my life with you. I was once accused of harrassing someone at work. Not sexual harrassment. Just harrassment. I'm the most non-harrassing guy I know. It's a long complicated story but it involved 1 good friend's crazy ex-wife misunderstading something, and reporting that to some other woman, who reported it to another crazy woman I work with, who took that mistatement personally, and went to Human Resources. And then, I had my boss in my face telling me I couldn'tbe within 50 feet of that person, at any time. I was like ... "Wtf?" but I needed the job, and I stayed at that manufacturing plant for about 6 months more. I had .. about 4 months where my "Big circle of friends" became my "Small circle of people who were actually my friends." People avoided me like a hot rock. I was "The harrassment guy." I got looks. I got some really weird, mean looks. People would stop talking when I came around. It was bad.

Then the same crazy person made the same harassment attack on another guy. Who then said she did it because she was sexually harrassing him. She's been there for a year, I think. he'd been there for like .. seven years. From what I heard, they told her if she mentioned being harrassed again, she'd soon be out of a job. I also noticed the people who used to shun me, started not shunning me. Suddenly, I was innocent.

My boss told me "Dude, I don't know who to believe." and I told him, "Yes. Yes, you do. I do, too. You better believe her. Because what if it's true?" "Youv'e got to treat me as if I'm guilty."
In other words, it totally sucked.
Alas the burden of men. What a strange fear we have. Accusations for a narrow list of crimes are so great, they stigmatize our entire lives even if shown false, because "it might be true." Anything to do with sex, men are immediately the guilty party, regardless of standing. Pedophilia, rape, sexual harassment--all of them will destroy your life regardless of reality.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:27 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Unfortunately we also went through a period of time believing "children don't lie about things like this".

Old 06-08-2012, 11:58 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Probably a lot less than happens to most rapists.
Should it happen, no.

Here's some stats:

Statistics | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
Reporting to Police

54% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police.
97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail.

Sexual Assault Numbers

Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.
There is an average of 207,754 victims (age 12 or older) of sexual assault each year.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Sorry that you had to go thru that!

I don't understand why these women were not prosecuted. I mean, I can understand if it's a case of mistaken identity, it happens. But to just accuse someone for the purpose of revenge, oh Hell no!

It's hard enough to get a legitimate rape case to court and all these fraudulent cases just make it more difficult. Not to mention, it makes women look bad.
In our case, my loved one's accuser called me and in a round about way admitted she lied. At the time of the accusations and trial she was 13-14 yrs old. I don't know that she will ever step forward and fully admit that she lied, She was told quite clearly that if she was lying , she'd be in BIG trouble. I'm sure that sticks with her.
Personally, while I think that she should have some punishment, I think the greater punishment should be on the adults who full out coerced her to lie for their own benefit (including financial gain)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime