Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:11 PM

78,911 posts, read 61,095,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
So happy for these young men. But for many individuals being falsely accused, their life can be so hard... This is also the reason I don't like Nancy Grace.
I *despise* Nancy Grace for being the shrill badger that she is. When the Duke facts came out she took a week off work and then came back as if nothing had happened and never mentioned it again. Classy!

She's badgered and said horrible things about many defendants long before the facts came in. Again, classy.

She's like the mean town gossip.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 PM

9,022 posts, read 13,895,234 times
With him,he has been accused of this before,so I'm not sure if he can be called innocent ot guilty.
Also,his accuser was unreliable too. They did find his Dna on her panties though.
Both of them were not truthful,which makes it even harder.

The really contrversial thing for me is statutory rape. There is another thread going on about whther a 16 year old can give consent for sex to a 41 year old man.
Even though its legal(age of consent is 16) in Indiana,I still think he should be charged with something. It isn't normal.

The other one is if the woman is drunk. You really can't give consent if drunk.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
With him,he has been accused of this before,so I'm not sure if he can be called innocent ot guilty.
Also,his accuser was unreliable too. They did find his Dna on her panties though.
Both of them were not truthful,which makes it even harder.

The really contrversial thing for me is statutory rape. There is another thread going on about whther a 16 year old can give consent for sex to a 41 year old man.
Even though its legal(age of consent is 16) in Indiana,I still think he should be charged with something. It isn't normal.

The other one is if the woman is drunk. You really can't give consent if drunk.
1. I share your views of Strauss.

2. The Indiana thing is *strange* but not illegal. That is a cultural more that would require changing the law.

3. Ever have a girlfriend that had sex with a guy that was over the legal limit? Did you report her for rape? Notice you didn't say passed out, just drunk.

And yes, you can give consent to things if you are drunk. If your friend is over the legal limit and asks you to drive their car home and you crash it, you've stolen their car and crashed it because they couldn't have given you consent since they were drunk and you knew it.

I don't think we can make such statements comparing "drunk" of say 0.10 to "unconcious" at 0.28 BAC.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,585,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I *despise* Nancy Grace for being the shrill badger that she is. When the Duke facts came out she took a week off work and then came back as if nothing had happened and never mentioned it again. Classy!

She's badgered and said horrible things about many defendants long before the facts came in. Again, classy.

She's like the mean town gossip.
Exactly!!! When I hear her voice, i feel nauseated. So I don't watch her show. I don't know why that someone would want to watch her show. The sad thing is that in many cases, on TV or in reality, it seems no one is interested in truth or justice. Everyone just wants to win at all cost. When I just arrived this country, I was astonished to find that some defense attorneys made up stories or find any loop holes to win at any cost. Then, as I learned more about the criminal justice system, I realize that many prosecutors are doing the same by twisting or ignoring the truth.

For many civil or minor cases, due to the cost incurred in litigation, many falsely accused individuals tend to take a plea deal to move on in their life. Just to find out later in life, it kept coming back to haunt them. Well, the sad truth, sometime, is all about the money!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 08:37 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,084,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Exactly!!! When I hear her voice, i feel nauseated. So I don't watch her show. I don't know why that someone would want to watch her show. The sad thing is that in many cases, on TV or in reality, it seems no one is interested in truth or justice. Everyone just wants to win at all cost. When I just arrived this country, I was astonished to find that some defense attorneys made up stories or find any loop holes to win at any cost. Then, as I learned more about the criminal justice system, I realize that many prosecutors are doing the same by twisting or ignoring the truth.

For many civil or minor cases, due to the cost incurred in litigation, many falsely accused individuals tend to take a plea deal to move on in their life. Just to find out later in life, it kept coming back to haunt them. Well, the sad truth, sometime, is all about the money!!!
So true!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:11 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,084,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-beat View Post
Nope. The only people who accuse people of lying about being raped are people (mostly men) who can't get laid themselves.

Are you (and others in this thread) insecure in your ability to sexually attract people? Because it really sounds like it.

How about this: instead of blaming those of us who are attractive and have no problem getting with people, start having more confidence in yourself?

That way, you won't find yourself on C-D posting hate threads directed at women who supposedly lie about being raped. Holding up two or three cases of women lying about being raped (out of millions of rape cases where the women aren't lying) does not justify starting a thread that rails against a supposed pandemic of women lying about being raped.

All these anecdotal examples of women lying about being raped sound like nothing more than the product of single middle-aged males (and in some cases, women who are jealous of other women) who are frustrated with their lack of dating success and want to take it out on someone other than themselves...namely, the group who rejected them. And who has to pay the price for all these anecdotes and rumors?

That's right: women who were really raped.

You guys need to get lives.

It might sound bad, but I can't help but wonder about the lifestyles of some of these posters who post these wild stories about women lying about being raped. One's a cop, and it's an open secret that the only kind of person who ever becomes a cop is someone who is insecure in his or her self. So that explains that with regard to the topic of dating success. The other one..."mathguy"...let's see... perhaps he is holed up in his room all day, doing math problems instead of going out and socializing? I mean, how dare should anyone have to put effort into learning something (socializing) that doesn't come as easily to them as, say, math! And then when they refuse to socialize, women refuse to respect them, and as a result, they have no dating success. And that's when wild "rape lie" stories start appearing on C-D. What a coincidence.
LOL oh my! can I have some of what your taking? I want to escape reality for a while.

Women sometimes lie about being raped. Men sometimes lie about stuff too...Point is, people sometimes lie for their own gain, or to get out of stuff, or for revenge or whatever.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 PM

214 posts, read 291,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
LOL oh my! can I have some of what your taking? I want to escape reality for a while.

Women sometimes lie about being raped. Men sometimes lie about stuff too...Point is, people sometimes lie for their own gain, or to get out of stuff, or for revenge or whatever.
The only real implication being made in the past 5+ pages of heated posts in this thread, aside from 2 or 3 posts from me and about 1 other person, is that women always lie about being raped. Noticing the existence of this trend among the posts in this thread, is not unrealistic.

The OP posts a couple stories about isolated incidents of false rape accusations, shares an anecdote, and before you know it everyone comes in and starts unloading on these women in their lives who may or may not (but I'd lean more toward "may not") have actually lied about being raped.

There was no substantial consideration or counterargument that the women could just as well have been telling the truth and that these posters' friends (who were "accused of being rapists") made up the whole story or that they, well, actually raped these women! No substantial consideration whatsoever.

So don't come in after 5 or so pages of pure rage and pretend that this was all a fair and balanced discussion. No objective poster is fooled. Frankly, I'm shocked and alarmed that this thread has been able to survive for about 10 months without any real change in its mood.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
The only real implication being made in the past 5+ pages of heated posts in this thread, aside from 2 or 3 posts from me and about 1 other person, is that women always lie about being raped. Noticing the existence of this trend among the posts in this thread, is not unrealistic.

The OP posts a couple stories about isolated incidents of false rape accusations, shares an anecdote, and before you know it everyone comes in and starts unloading on these women in their lives who may or may not (but I'd lean more toward "may not") have actually lied about being raped.

There was no substantial consideration or counterargument that the women could just as well have been telling the truth and that these posters' friends (who were "accused of being rapists") made up the whole story or that they, well, actually raped these women! No substantial consideration whatsoever.

So don't come in after 5 or so pages of pure rage and pretend that this was all a fair and balanced discussion. No objective poster is fooled. Frankly, I'm shocked and alarmed that this thread has been able to survive for about 10 months without any real change in its mood.
This thread is about the vastly smaller subset of the problem of rape, false accusations as well as false accusations of harrassment.

Since you cannot emotionally handle this reality without lashing out with personal attacks I would suggest you start your own thread about rape which is of course much much more common which typically makes it less controversial just like a shooting during a mugging isn't controversial unless say....a baby get's shot during it like in recent news.

One of the reasons threads like this would be drawing attention is the current Jodi Arias defense (points to other thread).

Had this been your first post to the thread we could have had a much more meaningful conversation as opposed to you labeling all the threads posters as losers and ugly women lmao.....before rambling incoherently about various topics.

P.S. I've read or heard of hundreds if not thousands of rapes over the years via the news etc. and to date I've heard about maybe a dozen false accusations. You have too, unless you think Tawana Brawley is still telling the truth.

(People lie about all kinds of things, look at the Milwaukee doctor that killed his wife and blamed a "black guy". Started a whole lot of race problems there. He was murdered in prison at the same time alongside Geoffrey Dahmer.)

Last edited by Mathguy; 04-05-2013 at 07:32 AM..

Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 PM

214 posts, read 291,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This thread is about the vastly smaller subset of the problem of rape, false accusations as well as false accusations of harrassment.

Since you cannot emotionally handle this reality without lashing out with personal attacks I would suggest you start your own thread about rape which is of course much much more common which typically makes it less controversial just like a shooting during a mugging isn't controversial unless say....a baby get's shot during it like in recent news.

One of the reasons threads like this would be drawing attention is the current Jodi Arias defense (points to other thread).

Had this been your first post to the thread we could have had a much more meaningful conversation as opposed to you labeling all the threads posters as losers and ugly women lmao.....before rambling incoherently about various topics.

P.S. I've read or heard of hundreds if not thousands of rapes over the years via the news etc. and to date I've heard about maybe a dozen false accusations. You have too, unless you think Tawana Brawley is still telling the truth.

(People lie about all kinds of things, look at the Milwaukee doctor that killed his wife and blamed a "black guy". Started a whole lot of race problems there. He was murdered in prison at the same time alongside Geoffrey Dahmer.)
Again, coming in after the fact and saying that false rape is a "vastly smaller subset" of rape doesn't do much justice to the rage expressed throughout this thread.

And "hearing about maybe [only] a dozen false accusations" is far from the tone that this thread has taken up until recently. There's no point in pretending that the case was anything other than that. This thread's atmosphere has been far from apologetic to those who are supposedly laying false claim to rape.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Again, coming in after the fact and saying that false rape is a "vastly smaller subset" of rape doesn't do much justice to the rage expressed throughout this thread.

And "hearing about maybe [only] a dozen false accusations" is far from the tone that this thread has taken up until recently. There's no point in pretending that the case was anything other than that. This thread's atmosphere has been far from apologetic to those who are supposedly laying false claim to rape.
I only had to spell it out to you. The rest of the people understood that we were just talking about false rape accusations.

The "duh" factor would be that we are solely talking about false accusations which of course are the subset.

I mean, it's pretty obnoxious that I had to hold you by the hand and explain it and even then you cry that it's too little too late.

Sorry we cannot help your cognition. But at least you are so much better looking than everyone here that you don't need that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime