Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:53 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,642 times

Advertisements

I agree, Jodi qualifies as a true sociopath.

Sociopaths are masters at influence and deception. Very little of what they say actually checks out in terms of facts or reality, but they're extremely skillful at making the things they say sound believable, even if they're just making them up out of thin air.[LEFT]
Sociopaths are masters are presenting themselves as someone with high morals and philosophy.

Sociopaths are charming and often appear to be sexy or have a strong sexual attraction..

Sociopaths are master wordsmiths, expert storytellers, even poetic at times. Note
in the 48 hour interview.

It will be very interesting to watch the defense present their side....Furthermore,
will Jodi take the stand?? It would be a great performance ....
[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Jodi Arias side job selling paintings through her brother to buy better food, etal, while in jail...

Arias has side job in jail: making and selling art

Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I agree, Jodi qualifies as a true sociopath.

Sociopaths are masters at influence and deception. Very little of what they say actually checks out in terms of facts or reality, but they're extremely skillful at making the things they say sound believable, even if they're just making them up out of thin air.[LEFT][color=#000000]
Sociopaths are masters are presenting themselves as someone with high morals and philosophy.

Sociopaths are charming and often appear to be sexy or have a strong sexual attraction..

Sociopaths are master wordsmiths, expert storytellers, even poetic at times. Note
in the 48 hour interview.

It will be very interesting to watch the defense present their side....Furthermore,
will Jodi take the stand?? It would be a great performance ....
Yes, indeed.
The problem sociopaths have is, no matter how skilled they become in their storytelling, their stories always circle around and come back to them as the center of the circle.

Everyone does this sometimes, but with them, it is always constant. Arias may want to testify very much, as they always think they are better storytellers than they actually are, but if her lawyer is smart, she won't let her get up on the stand.

Jodi is very telegenic. She looked very naturally pretty on 48 Hours, and she kept a soft and gentle demeanor. However, any good prosecutor knows how to punch her buttons, and all that could disappear in a flash if Jodi lost her temper on the stand.

I haven't heard anything about testimony from her victim's friends and house mate. They could decide her fate.

I think she'll get life w/o parole if she does not testify. Unless there are some observant women who see through her, I'm thinking that the jury would be reluctant to send her to death row because of her looks and age. Now that the bleach is out of her hair, I also think she looks better now than in 2008; she wasn't as flattering as a blonde.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
Can the jury find her guilty but give her life in prison? Or does a guilty verdict mean she will get death?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Can the jury find her guilty but give her life in prison? Or does a guilty verdict mean she will get death?
I don't know for sure, but in most states, a jury can recommend life w/o parole in a death penalty case. That sure does not mean a jury will do that of course. I think there is an increasing tendency to sentence females with the same penalties as males these days.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Murderers don't think very rationally, especially when romance is involved.

I don't know if she is guilty or not, but I think Nancy Grace will probably screw it all up. She has a marvelous record for getting the outcome wrong, and her inflammatory speech serves no good purpose for justice.

Well, Nancy Grace admitted today that she's "worried about the prosecutions case"...so once
again, she might be back stepping because she predicted the wrong outcome .....

Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,928 times
I worry about this jury because they asked some strange questions, such as did his roommates have a alibis and was the gun found on her, mind you they know that Jodi has confessed to killing him.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM

I never second guess a jury. But in a murder case, I'm sure they are all paying close attention and taking their job very seriously. It would be natural to ask questions about the room mate and any guns that may have been owned by either of the men. Even so, some of the blood evidence is powerful, even without the damning time-stamped photos.

Traditionally, there is a certain time period that indicates whether a jury is struggling or has come to agreement. Both sides will be watching the clock closely, but a jury that's out for a long time does not mean they have not reached a decision. Many juries will reach a decision early, then go back and review everything for several times to make sure their decision is what they believe to be correct. Sometimes those reviews go on for several days.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
This is the first trial I have watched where the jury is allowed to send a note to the judge with a question during the trial. It's not done where I live. The judge then determines if the question by a juror is allowed.

Some of these questions ... well ... they are off the wall. It makes me wonder, once again, about the great American way of jury selection. Of course one does have a choice ... trial by jury or just the judge.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 PM

This might mean nothing, but I noticed that Travis is NEVER smiling in any of the pictures of him with Jodi. Maybe he just never smiles for the camera, maybe it's just when he's with Jodi and doesn't feel right.

It just seems odd to me because he's suppose to be this 'positive " guy who is a motivational speaker.
When's the last time you saw a motivational speaker who smirks in all his pictures?

Geesh, Tony Robins
has a smile sewn to his face, like the joker in batman!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime