Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM

44,649 posts, read 61,691,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'm wondering why this case is getting so much media coverage. There are murder trials going on all over the country and we never hear about them. What is so special about this one? Maybe it just caught the public's attention.

I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering.
Because it has all the ingreients of a mystery murder movie, pretty girl, sex, more sex, kinky sex, Mormon background, boyfriend, girlfriend, other boyfriends, other girlfriends, overkill murder, slicing, dicing, shooting, lies upon lies, deceit, more lies, screaming yelling, shouting, and fighting lawyers. And then there's Nancy Grace.That's covers part 1 of the scenario.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,562,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Because it has all the ingreients of a mystery murder movie, pretty girl, sex, more sex, kinky sex, Mormon background, boyfriend, girlfriend, other boyfriends, other girlfriends, overkill murder, slicing, dicing, shooting, lies upon lies, deceit, more lies, screaming yelling, shouting, and fighting lawyers. And then there's Nancy Grace.That's covers part 1 of the scenario.

Agreed. This trial makes great TV....

MOD CUT

You can't even write fictional Murder Mysteries this salacious.

Last edited by jasper12; 02-02-2013 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: Edit for PG

Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,556,223 times
After watching and reading quite a bit about this case, I think where Travis went wrong is he didn't firmly kick this chick out of his life after the first sign that she was nuts, such as after she slashed his tires, or hacked into an email account.

I think he liked having sex with her and even though he knew he would not marry her, he kept engaging with her because he knew she would have sex with him. If he had firmly cut the relationship off, I do not think she would have come and killed him.

I think the fact that they kept hooking up for sex led to her feeling very angry at him, and that led to this murder.

This is not to say that I blame Travis, because of course this murder is entirely the responsibility of Jodi, but I do feel that he was in the wrong for not cutting her off. He was guilty of sending her mixed messages if he broke up with her but then continued to have sex with her. That turned out to be a fatal decision in this case.

She knew he only wanted her for sex, but she wanted more from him (marriage), so where she went wrong was to go along with that and allow herself to feel used. She should have walked away from him and found a man who wanted to marry her.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:37 PM

On Nancy Grace this week, Nancy was talking to an inmate who had spent time with Jodi in jail and this inmate said that Jodi told her that she had cut up the body and spread the pieces around the county. That she said she did it in self-defense, but had to hide pieces of the body all over the place so they wouldn't know it was her.

I thought THAT was pretty weird.

They cut to commercial, but I would have really liked to see some follow-up on that.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:15 PM

Possibly, for a 'normal' woman with just a psychological disorder, would such a woman be able to just 'walk away', HOWEVER, most female stalkers are psychotic and have a condition called 'Delusional Disorder'.

These women live in a deluded state of mind...i.e. When Travis calls her for sex she thinks: " If only I keep showing Travis how great I am in bed, he will finally admit to himself he needs me"
and: " I am the best woman for Travis, he just doesn't see it yet, but one day he will...". When Travis gets angry she thinks: "See, he really does have strong feelings for me, he just has a different way of expressing it.."

Very typical of female stalkers, the relationship begins with intimacy, as opposed to a relationship beginning chaste (devoid of sexual contact), then developing into intimacy. Also, the women often believe that they are "meant to be together", or "God wants us to be together", or "we are soul-mates"....

Jodi, in my opinion, was psychotic. Furthermore, her lies and lack of emotional response are consistent with being a sociopath.

Last edited by trinity1111; 02-02-2013 at 03:34 PM..

Old 02-02-2013, 03:25 PM

Nancy Grace is heavily cheering for the prosecution, as she always does.

That's not surprising considering she was a Prosecuting Attorney.

She is NOT, however a Criminal Psychologist, nor is she a Forensic Psychologist. Nancy relies on sensationalism, where she lacks in informed analysis based on Psychology.

And, as usual, Nancy Grace will predict the outcome wrong, in my estimation. The Death Penalty is off the table!! Travis is a proven cheat, liar, and manipulator.

The jury will most likely go for 2nd degree murder, with a light sentence of 10-20 years. This translates to 9 years with good behavior, Jodi would be available for Parole, but, Jodi already has time served 5 years....she be out and about in 4 years!!

Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 AM

44,649 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
She knew he only wanted her for sex, but she wanted more from him (marriage), so where she went wrong was to go along with that and allow herself to feel used. She should have walked away from him and found a man who wanted to marry her.
But Jodi, after killing Travis, she was in Salt lake City 12 hours after the killing having sex with another boyfriend. I don't think marriage was ever in her mind. I think control might be. She's a sociopath, anything could be on her mind.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,692,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'm wondering why this case is getting so much media coverage. There are murder trials going on all over the country and we never hear about them. What is so special about this one? Maybe it just caught the public's attention.

I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering.
Because Jodi Arias is an attractive woman.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
But Jodi, after killing Travis, she was in Salt lake City 12 hours after the killing having sex with another boyfriend. I don't think marriage was ever in her mind. I think control might be. She's a sociopath, anything could be on her mind.
People who spent time with Jodi have reported she said she wanted to get married and have kids with Travis.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,205,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Because Jodi Arias is an attractive woman.
Quite true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime