Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:01 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,543,806 times

Advertisements

I live about 15 minutes from where Drew Peterson lives, its really creepy! It has been reported that he had multiple affairs on his first three wives, and wife #2, the deceased wife #3, and the missing wife #4 all reported abuse and threats that he could kill them and make it look like an accident. Wife #4 Stacy is 30 years younger than him and was only 17-years-old when he started having an affair with her. (He was still married to wife #3, Kathleen Savio when the relationship began.) Kathleen Savio "mysteriously" drowned in the bathtub, and he received a 1-million life insurance payout. This is just speculation on my part, but I wonder if he got away with getting rid of Kathleen Savio easily since he was a Bolingbrook Police officer, so it was most likely his boys from the police department investigating the case. (Again, I don't know, just speculation.) He probably started thinking he was invincible. Problem is, when wife #4 Stacy disappeared, the Illinois State Police handled the case instead of the local Bolingbrook Police so there would be no conflict of interest. I just hope they find out what happened to Stacy. If the Kathleen Savio case had been handled correctly, maybe Drew would have been caught back then and Stacy would be alive today.

I tell you, watch out for men with the last name Peterson! (Scott, Drew)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
I live about 15 minutes from where Drew Peterson lives, its really creepy! It has been reported that he had multiple affairs on his first three wives, and wife #2, the deceased wife #3, and the missing wife #4 all reported abuse and threats that he could kill them and make it look like an accident. Wife #4 Stacy is 30 years younger than him and was only 17-years-old when he started having an affair with her. (He was still married to wife #3, Kathleen Savio when the relationship began.) Kathleen Savio "mysteriously" drowned in the bathtub, and he received a 1-million life insurance payout. This is just speculation on my part, but I wonder if he got away with getting rid of Kathleen Savio easily since he was a Bolingbrook Police officer, so it was most likely his boys from the police department investigating the case. (Again, I don't know, just speculation.) He probably started thinking he was invincible. Problem is, when wife #4 Stacy disappeared, the Illinois State Police handled the case instead of the local Bolingbrook Police so there would be no conflict of interest. I just hope they find out what happened to Stacy. If the Kathleen Savio case had been handled correctly, maybe Drew would have been caught back then and Stacy would be alive today.

I tell you, watch out for men with the last name Peterson! (Scott, Drew)
Sexual promiscuity is a characteristic of the sociopath. And so is a need to be in control. That's why he married a much younger woman.

I did not realize he got a $1million life insurance payoff. He's also getting $6K a month in pension from the police department.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:28 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Sexual promiscuity is a characteristic of the sociopath. And so is a need to be in control. That's why he married a much younger woman.

I did not realize he got a $1million life insurance payoff. He's also getting $6K a month in pension from the police department.
What do you think about not only sexual promiscuity in sociopaths, but also the "down low" lifestyle. I found out the socio that I knew was sleeping with men and women (confirmed). I've always believed that they over compensate for their own sexual insecurities, but having multiple partners.

I could talk about NPD and BPD non-stop. I think I'm in the wrong field. It is the one thing that I believe there has not been enough research. When a man kills his wife, the first thing I want to know is if anyone questioned them about their sexuality after their arrest. Those are the sort of statistics they should be keeping.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:10 PM

382 posts, read 1,069,714 times
Default Second Autopsy Report

OK, correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember a news report (can't remember the source since I indulge in many but I think it was today) stating Fox News paid for, or assisted with, obtaining the services of Michael Baden to conduct a second autopsy on wife #3. Baden determined the death of wife #3, Kathleen Savio, was, in deed, a homicide. Not to be glib but it seems like the skeleton has come out of the closet.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,757 times
Sassy --- Yes, they did dig her up to do another autopsy.

Mainstreet -- who do you know who is a promiscuous sociopath? The cop you were talking about? He was sleeping with men and woman? Do you know that People's Temple founder Jim Jones (the one who got those 900 people to commit suicide) also slept with men and women?

Old 11-20-2007, 03:19 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Sassy --- Yes, they did dig her up to do another autopsy.

Mainstreet -- who do you know who is a promiscuous sociopath? The cop you were talking about? He was sleeping with men and woman? Do you know that People's Temple founder Jim Jones (the one who got those 900 people to commit suicide) also slept with men and women?
Yes, same guy....and no I didn't know that about Jim Jones...interesting.

The guy I knew, completely over compensated his masculinity. Very affected deep voice, talked about his size etc all the time. Whenever I read about a homicide like this, I try to imagine what is the one thing that some men might not want anyone to find out about? Their sexuality. In addition to the guy I knew, my best friend found out her DH was gay; she knows men have killed for less. You should hear our phone conversations. (We both have great sense of humors.) We moved down here to marry and both ended up knowing latent men. I think it is more prevalent than people think.

Once again, everyone, watch Dr. Phil today and tomorrow....he's uncovered some real dirt on a psychopath on his show.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:16 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,991 times
Quote:
Do you know that People's Temple founder Jim Jones (the one who got those 900 people to commit suicide) also slept with men and women?

I read about him a long time ago and the power that he had was outrageously insane. Now you claim that he was sleeping with both genders, and although from the many readings I have observed -I have not yet read anything which speaks to that accusation. Where did you get the abovementioned information from?

By the way, if you do your research on the various mental disorders you will find that many people can carry more than one. When we speak to one behavior it can be classified for many of the mental disorders, so just because we may venture to speak about another one that shares similarities with a sociopath does not mean that we intentionally are veering from the topic at hand.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:27 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,991 times
Default Professional Diagnosis

Quote:
Hey you guys, BDP is not the same as sociopath. We're supposed to be talking about ax murders here. Please try to stay on topic.

It is difficult at times to do because both disorders along with others share the same behaviors. When we speak to one behavior that is known of a sociopath, and if you look at the criteria for mental disorders- it will show that this same behavior is also one of a bpd. We have not spoke alot about BPD, but if you demand that this thread not use the word at all, then I will respect your request.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,543,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyGirl2 View Post
OK, correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember a news report (can't remember the source since I indulge in many but I think it was today) stating Fox News paid for, or assisted with, obtaining the services of Michael Baden to conduct a second autopsy on wife #3. Baden determined the death of wife #3, Kathleen Savio, was, in deed, a homicide. Not to be glib but it seems like the skeleton has come out of the closet.
Yes, you are correct, the autopsy Fox news paid for did rule the death of Kathleen Savio a homicide. I just think its sad that it took another wife going missing for Kathleen Savio's family to begin to get justice.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 AM

631 posts, read 2,446,677 times
I think my X was on his way to being one of these guys.
Sociopath I would say, probably.
He cheated, while being caught on that and in trouble with the army over it as she cried rape, he was cheating with another girl at the same time.
He was a womanizer, controller, guilter and verbal abuser. Physical abuse started coming into play.
His drinking got out of hand and I was scared out of my mind if I made just one wrong move he'd kill me. He would use the terror tatic on my daughter and I. I waited on him when he was sick(and well) and if I were very sick and could not get up, he was just pure evil to me. He would refuse to fix the kids (my daugher and his infant son) anything for dinner which would force me to have to get up. He would call me worthless and whatever else. You would not believe the slaving ways I was in while we were married. He had NO tolerance for anyone that could not do for him. His friends bent over backwards for him, but he'd NEver do any favors for them. If they finally told him no on something, he would dump them as friends and they were now considered worthless.
All the time he abused me, he would get drunk and cry worried I would leave him.

I was wife #5, when I left him, he got back with wife #1. She's since left him this last summer. Women to him are just free slaves. Nothing else. And he's a sick sexual pervert.

I do wonder if his childhood played a part of his sickness. His mother was a tramp, had 6 kids by 6 diff. fathers. Not one kid knew who their father was. She would abandon them, they'd get farmed out to relatives that could afford to keep them, the rest would go to foster homes. Then she'd come back just to do it over and over to them again. I hated his mother. Had NO respect for her. Now she's a wrinkled up old woman who needs her kids. They are good to her and my x is her baby boy. She does not deserve the kindness they give to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime