Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:27 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperk View Post
I think my X was on his way to being one of these guys.
Sociopath I would say, probably.
He cheated, while being caught on that and in trouble with the army over it as she cried rape, he was cheating with another girl at the same time.
He was a womanizer, controller, guilter and verbal abuser. Physical abuse started coming into play.
His drinking got out of hand and I was scared out of my mind if I made just one wrong move he'd kill me. He would use the terror tatic on my daughter and I. I waited on him when he was sick(and well) and if I were very sick and could not get up, he was just pure evil to me. He would refuse to fix the kids (my daugher and his infant son) anything for dinner which would force me to have to get up. He would call me worthless and whatever else. You would not believe the slaving ways I was in while we were married. He had NO tolerance for anyone that could not do for him. His friends bent over backwards for him, but he'd NEver do any favors for them. If they finally told him no on something, he would dump them as friends and they were now considered worthless.
All the time he abused me, he would get drunk and cry worried I would leave him.

I was wife #5, when I left him, he got back with wife #1. She's since left him this last summer. Women to him are just free slaves. Nothing else. And he's a sick sexual pervert.

I do wonder if his childhood played a part of his sickness. His mother was a tramp, had 6 kids by 6 diff. fathers. Not one kid knew who their father was. She would abandon them, they'd get farmed out to relatives that could afford to keep them, the rest would go to foster homes. Then she'd come back just to do it over and over to them again. I hated his mother. Had NO respect for her. Now she's a wrinkled up old woman who needs her kids. They are good to her and my x is her baby boy. She does not deserve the kindness they give to her.
Couple of questions...one are you EVER going to be anyone's number 5 again?

2nd, how did your husband feel about homosexuals? I've been doing some research on homosexual rage defense and it is two fold....what I'm most interested in are narcissists who value no one, and act VERY affected masculine; over the top manly, yet angry, evil. In other words, latent men who would rather die than admit they are gay and project this lack of identity in a violent and disrespectful way toward the women in their lives.

{disclaimer. I have nothing against homosexuality, I take issue with latent homosexuals that try to pass themselves off as heterosexual.}

I think this suppression of sexuality BREEDS socio and psychopathic behavior. I ask how your husband felt about homosexuals because they are also very vocal about their hatred toward them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 10:43 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I read about him a long time ago and the power that he had was outrageously insane. Now you claim that he was sleeping with both genders, and although from the many readings I have observed -I have not yet read anything which speaks to that accusation. Where did you get the abovementioned information from?

By the way, if you do your research on the various mental disorders you will find that many people can carry more than one. When we speak to one behavior it can be classified for many of the mental disorders, so just because we may venture to speak about another one that shares similarities with a sociopath does not mean that we intentionally are veering from the topic at hand.
Yes, he slept with both genders, no problem. He took the "masculine" role with the men. I saw this in the documentary, "Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple." Jones created a Utopia for himself, where he could control hundreds of people, have sex with whomever he wanted and when. He took them for Guyana as a way to isolate them even further and gain even more control. He became more and more paranoid of the outside world. The he felt he was loosing control, the more he pulled in the reigns. Finally, he basically murdered the whole lot of them. Murder is the proper term, not suicide.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:47 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,986 times
Green, have you ever done any reading about The Oneida Community of New York or the House of David cult of Benton Harbor, Michigan? Fascinating reading that I think you would enjoy.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
Green, have you ever done any reading about The Oneida Community of New York or the House of David cult of Benton Harbor, Michigan? Fascinating reading that I think you would enjoy.
Scary stuff. I'll look it up...

Old 11-20-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I can understand one marriage not working out, but when someone starts having two or three divorces, I start to wonder.

My cousin was dating a guy who had been married three times. I said to her, "Do you really want to be wife #4? Otherwise, don't get involved with this guy." She got involved anyway. And sure enough he was s jerk. I could not stand him. He did not like women, and I picked up on some disturbing things he said. She told me that sex was good with him, but I always got the feeling he was a player. Eventually he left her. Got bored I guess, and started sleeping with some other woman right away.

Multiple marriages are always a red flag in my book.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Scary stuff. I'll look it up...
You may also like DTMS/Times Discovery channel; they have a Dr. Stone who rates sociopaths and analyzes why they do what they do. They had the Jonestown article, and also a woman who tortured and then killed her three children. Today they had a detective investigation of a man in Oregon who posed as a NY Times reporter, murdered his wife and 4 kids, and then lived the high life in Cancun (for a short time, thank God the FBI got him)

Truth is stranger than fiction. I have heard there are alot more cults than we even know about....

Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:

2nd, how did your husband feel about homosexuals? I've been doing some research on homosexual rage defense and it is two fold....what I'm most interested in are narcissists who value no one, and act VERY affected masculine; over the top manly, yet angry, evil. In other words, latent men who would rather die than admit they are gay and project this lack of identity in a violent and disrespectful way toward the women in their lives.

{disclaimer. I have nothing against homosexuality, I take issue with latent homosexuals that try to pass themselves off as heterosexual.}

I think this suppression of sexuality BREEDS socio and psychopathic behavior. I ask how your husband felt about homosexuals because they are also very vocal about their hatred toward them.

John Wayne Gacy was a closet homosexual....His father also abused and beat him and called him gay, etc.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:50 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Yes, he slept with both genders, no problem. He took the "masculine" role with the men. I saw this in the documentary, "Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple." Jones created a Utopia for himself, where he could control hundreds of people, have sex with whomever he wanted and when. He took them for Guyana as a way to isolate them even further and gain even more control. He became more and more paranoid of the outside world. The he felt he was loosing control, the more he pulled in the reigns. Finally, he basically murdered the whole lot of them. Murder is the proper term, not suicide.
I too have looked at the movies made throughout the years, in additition to a documentary and I do not recall either one speaking to his bisexuality. We know he abused children for sure, but I will do a lit review in some journal articles and see what those in academia have written about him too.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I too have looked at the movies made throughout the years, in additition to a documentary and I do not recall either one speaking to his bisexuality. We know he abused children for sure, but I will do a lit review in some journal articles and see what those in academia have written about him too.
Jim Jones was a charmer, he had everybody fooled. How did he manage to fool so many of them? He had everybody living his lie. I see this sort of thing on a family level, for instance in my own family where my father is a complete narcissist and everyone else is pressured into this puppet show where he is a good father and we are a happy family. It's all a big lie. Jones had thousands of people turned into puppets in order to elevate him to some kind of godlike position. Behind it, though, was a lot of paranoia. And I think that's part of what goes on inside a sociopath, paranoia.

It was when people started to question Jim Jones, when they started to crack down on him, that he began to cross that line and slip from being a charasmatic leader to a paranoid, controlling, cold blooded murderer.

Grandiosity and Intimacy - The Roots of Paranoia

"The narcissist constructs a narrative in which he figures as the hero - brilliant, perfect, irresistibly handsome, destined for great things, entitled, powerful, wealthy, the centre of attention, etc. The bigger the strain on this delusional charade - the greater the gap between fantasy and reality - the more the delusion coalesces and solidifies.

Finally, if it is sufficiently protracted, it replaces reality and the narcissist's reality test deteriorates. He withdraws his bridges and may become Schizotypal, catatonic, or schizoid."

Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 AM

So sorry you have to live w/that. Has anyone ever rebelled or challenged him?, I remember gettiing VERY angry at my Dad when he would say things like man is the king of his castle, and children should be seen and not heard (I was maybe 6 years old)- I rebelled against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime