Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:33 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The Italian court has reached a just and sound verdict, and I think it is wrong to assume that their system is inferior to ours just because Knox has been found guilty. She's guilty and she needs to be extradited and sent to prison for what she did.
Off Topic: Are you for or against the death penalty?

Old 01-30-2014, 04:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Knox must now be extradited

She is absolutely guilty and needs to immediately be extradited, so she can do the time for what she did. I respect the verdict.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:37 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Quote:
but it's the absolute best in the world.
If you have some cash for a decent legal team, it can be. If not, I'd rather take my chances with various other justice systems.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:39 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
Quote:
The Italian court has reached a just and sound verdict, and I think it is wrong to assume that their system is inferior to ours just because Knox has been found guilty. She's guilty and she needs to be extradited and sent to prison for what she did.

Extradition will be next.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:40 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default I respect the verdict

Time for her to do the time for what she did, and she needs to immediately be extradited.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of Meredith Kercher. Tragic that her life ended too soon.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:43 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Extradition will be next.
Probably not.

Amanda Knox Verdict: Italian Court Finds American Student Guilty Of Murder

"Knox and Sollecito's case will return to the supreme court. If the verdict is upheld, Italy could seek to have Knox extradited in order to serve her sentence. This process could take months, and according to legal experts, the U.S. might challenge extradition on the basis of "double jeopardy," a defense that forbids a defendant from being tried again for the same crime after an acquittal."

Old 01-30-2014, 05:12 PM

117 posts, read 110,653 times
Knox's boyfriend's father is a physician and rich. He also supposedly has ties to the mafia in Italy., The 1st appeals trial was curious with an inexperienced judge suddenly replacing a very experience criminal judge and the new judge seemed bias toward Knox from the get go.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Amanda Knox convicted of murder in Italian retrial - World News

I was watching the news on TV and couldn't understand the interpreter.

Italy just keeps on having trials and I assume her attorney will appeal today's verdict.
Ann Coulter - September 7, 2011 - AMANDA KNOX: THE NEW MUMIA!

AMANDA KNOX: THE NEW MUMIA!

by Ann Coulter
September 7, 2011

(snip)
The facts aren't elusive: In December 2009, the Italian court released a 400-plus page report detailing the mountains of evidence that led the judges and jury to conclude that Knox, along with her Italian beau, Raffaele Sollecito, and a petty thief of her acquaintance, Rudy Guede, had murdered Knox's English roommate, Meredith Kercher, on the evening of Nov. 1, 2007.
(snip)
Knox's first-of-several alibis for the night of the murder was that she was at her boyfriend (and co-defendant) Sollecito's house all night, sound asleep until 10 a.m. the next morning.
(snip)
A few days later, when that was proved false by telephone records, eyewitnesses and Sollecito's admission that it was a lie, Knox claimed she was in the house during Meredith's murder ... and she knew who the murderer was! She said it was her boss, Patrick Lumumba, the owner of a popular bar in town:
(snip)
Knox later said she falsely accused Lumumba only because the police wanted her to do so.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Just from watching the documentaries on her trial ;I would definite question Italian justice and the power of their prosecutors thus evidence in this case. If you ever look at the murder cases this guy handled he even charged a writer in the case of a murder after his book came out. Power beyond anything we are use to in US.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:57 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
I think she is guilty and respect the Italian system. She needs to be extradited so she can serve her time for what she did. Absolutely tragic that Meredith had to die.

I agree with the verdict.
I really didn't have an opinion about her innocence or guilt until I watched her interview with Diane Sawyer. Something is very strange about her. She reminds me of some people I have known......intelligent in a book way but dumb as a rock about everything else. I had a very uncomfortable feeling watching her during that show.

Her behavior after the murder was bizarre, to say the least. The way she and her BF were carrying on right after the discovery of the body and her antics in court make me wonder about her sanity. Something is just not right about her whole demeanor and her rationale for why she did certain things, like why she confessed.

She may not have done the actual killing herself but she is somehow involved or knows more than she is saying.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime