Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,895,624 times

Advertisements

No, I would love it if my jury came from Pinellas county.........they evidently ignore any and all evidence and simply can't wait to get the trial over so they can go home. Casey should thank each one of them personally.

Don

Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 PM

174 posts, read 306,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes88 View Post
Not it's not. There are shocking injustices in the American Justice System. I would rate the justice systems in Scandinavia as superior.
I'm a lawyer who has worked in the American justice system for 30+ years. Although I've been blessed never to have been a criminal lawyer, I did work for 15+ years in a district attorney's office and was able to observe the criminal justice system up-close and personal. I was also the civil counsel for several law enforcement agencies. It was enough to make me wonder how anyone on either side, prosecution or defense (or judge, for that matter), is able to maintain his sanity.

I don't know what system will be in place 500 years from now, but I have often said that they will look back on our system the same way that we view the medieval practice of throwing suspected witches into ponds to see whether they floated or sank (if they sank, they were guilty). "Can you BELIEVE," they will say, "that they thought a system that wasted so many resources for such absurd, inconsistent and counterproductive results was worthwhile?"

The same can largely be said for the civil justice system. Even though I am a lawyer, one of my guiding principles has been to avoid, almost at any cost, becoming caught up in litigation in my personal affairs. For my relatives and friends who are on the verge of becoming caught up in litigation, I URGE them to take a hard look at the situation and consider whether there is ANY way the dispute can be resolved before the machinery of litigation starts churning -- because once it does, you're going to be a loser in many ways even if you ultimately win the case.

In a nutshell, my insider's view of the American justice system is that it's a bad joke that victimizes as many (or more) people than it helps and that wastes more resources than any sane society can afford. I actually think that lawyers and judges who are full of themselves and actually believe they are members of some high priesthood are possessed of a form of madness. Ditto for clients (and there are some) who actually relish the silliness of litigation -- they always seem to me just a bit insane. (I do mostly complex motion and appellate work, so fortunately for me my connection with the justice system is more of an academic exercise, and I have little contact with clients or the day-to-day lunacy of the system; that's the only way I've been able to remain a lawyer this long.)

Old 01-30-2014, 08:33 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,283,900 times
There is no "here we go again." She was guilty the first time and she is guilty now. She has NEVER been acquitted or found not guilty. EVER. Just about lies and false facts. The evidence proves her guilt; as either slitting the girls throat, assisting, or being there and not doing forward. PERIOD.

She will kill again and she is going to go to a country which will extradite her back to Italy. It is only a matter of time.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:37 PM

117 posts, read 110,792 times
SO you think US doesn't know about Italy's justice system? A verdict isn't final until Supreme Court signs off on it. THus she was never ruled not guilty in Italy. Thus there is no double jeopardy. US signed an extradition treaty with Italy so they understand Italian justice system is a 3 stage process and it must go through all 3 before it is an official verdict.

THe SUpreme Court annulled the first appeals trial which means it basically did not happen because the judge did not conduct it properly.

Knox can't block anything.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:44 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,111,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
SO you think US doesn't know about Italy's justice system? A verdict isn't final until Supreme Court signs off on it. THus she was never ruled not guilty in Italy. Thus there is no double jeopardy. US signed an extradition treaty with Italy so they understand Italian justice system is a 3 stage process and it must go through all 3 before it is an official verdict.

THe SUpreme Court annulled the first appeals trial which means it basically did not happen because the judge did not conduct it properly.

Knox can't block anything.
Just curious...before I continue here...but where did you get your law degree?

Old 01-30-2014, 08:52 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,111,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, I would love it if my jury came from Pinellas county.........they evidently ignore any and all evidence and simply can't wait to get the trial over so they can go home. Casey should thank each one of them personally.

Don
The Casey Anthony verdict is still hotly contested (and this thread isn't the place to rehash it) but regardless of which side you fall on, there is no debate that they did their job properly. I just recently finished the book written by one of the prosecutors of the case and he openly admits the prosecution tried to tug at the jury's heart strings and failed. The jury was objective in their deliberation as they were required to be. Also, I always have to laugh at the contention that they simply wanted to go home. They could have convicted her and achieved the same result (and saved themselves from the public lynching they knew they were going to receive) and such belief simply fails on logic.

That said, let's try to stay on topic. There are plenty of Casey Anthony threads we could resurrect if we want to debate that case.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,579,865 times
Knox is not guilty of this crime. No motive, no evidence, nothing.

OJ on the other hand is a pure sociopath and comparing them is ridiculous. And guilty as hell.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:27 PM

6,471 posts, read 8,212,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes88 View Post
Not it's not. There are shocking injustices in the American Justice System. I would rate the justice systems in Scandinavia as superior.
Definitely. Best in the world. I am afraid of the American justice system and prisons .

Old 01-30-2014, 10:28 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,824,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
there was DNA evidence against her. Her DNA mixed with the victim's in 4 different spots in the house. Knox and the victim had to be bleeding at the same time for this happen.

There were small parts of their DNA mixed together in the bathroom, only. The prosecution theorized that when she was cleaning off Kercher's blood, she probably got a nose bleed. The defense claims it was either from Knox having pierced her ears a couple days before, or from menstrual blood. But the DNA was found in traces - not blood drops or blood splatter, and the actual crime scene (the bedroom) did not contain any of their blood mixing, did not contain any fingerprints or hand prints or foot prints of Knox. However, Guede's DNA was allll over it.

Her DNA was found on the knife at her boyfriend's apartment, and the knife had the victim's DNA on the blade.

The DNA on the knife was discredited in the appeal because of collection and testing methods. There was no blood or "bodily fluids" found on the blade. Knox's DNA was found on the handle, which makes sense, since she had used it to make dinner. In other words, it's not the murder weapon.

Also, her boyfriend's DNA was found on the victim's bra clasp and only Knox could have let him into the house so it is essentially her DNA too.

The bra wasn't collected until six weeks after the crime happened, and there was contamination. It had been handed back and forth, and it had DNA consistent with both the boyfriend as well as a FEW OTHER PEOPLE, but not Knox. The prosecution never bothered to find out who the unidentified DNA from the bra clasp belonged to. Also, it's not "essentially" her DNA, too. It's not her DNA at all. And of course he was in the apartment at some point - Knox lived there, and he was her boyfriend. The investigators didn't wear protective clothing when they collected evidence, and they used dirty gloves, and moved a number of objects around, contaminating them in the process.

They found both their footprints in the house in the hallway using Luminol, they had been wiped away. Luminol is a test for blood. Knox's DNA was in these footprints.

No shoe prints, clothing fibers, hairs, fingerprints, skin cells or DNA of Knox were found on Kercher or in the room where she was killed - the prosecution tried to say that's because Knox cleaned all her stuff up somehow. The shoe print in luminol was not attributed to Knox. But Guede, who admitted to being there (and again, initially said that Knox was not in the room, and it was just him and Kercher) did have his bloody shoe prints, bloody hand print, and bloody fingerprints all around the room. Additionally, his blood was mixed with Kercher's in her shoulder bag. So are you suggesting that Knox was a criminal mastermind who managed to erase all evidence of her being there, even though the prosecution says that she banged Kercher's head against the wall, undressed her, and delivered the fatal knife blow? That's pretty amazing that no fingerprints, palm print, or shoe prints of hers were found, but Guede's were everywhere. You'd think that he would follow the criminal mastermind around and erase all proof of him being there as well. Oh, and by the way - Guede's skin cells were found INSIDE OF KERCHER. But Knox's weren't.
My comments are in red.

Also, note how inconsistent the prosecution is. They claim it was Knox who ripped Kercher's clothes off, but her DNA wasn't found on any of the clothes, including the bra clasp. They claim she brutally beat Kercher's head against the wall and delivered the fatal knife wound, but they didn't find any of Knox's DNA in Kercher's bedroom where the kill had taken place, or on Kercher herself. They claim it was a sex game gone wrong, except once again, NONE OF KNOX'S DNA was found on Kercher (or in Kercher). And it was a messy kill - there was blood all over, proof of Guede all over, but NOTHING of Knox or her boyfriend.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:54 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,134,990 times
Hard to say if she murdered Kercher physically, but I definitely think she was there and involved in whatever weird game they were playing. If I were to guess, I'd say her intentions were not first degree murder.

Way more ruthless conniving b@tches have gotten off way easier due to kinks in the justice system.

Mechele Linehan | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Regardless, I think she should be extradited. If the US feels that the Italian Judicial System is sufficiently sophisticated, then they should honor their decision. If the Italians don't pursue extradition, then it's a meaningless trial, verdict, and sentence, and a slap in the face to the victim's family. Why even bother in the first place if you won't go after her? What a joke!

Last edited by jobaba; 01-30-2014 at 11:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime