Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 04:08 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Lol. Good one, virgode. "Credible psychics"...Now THERE'S an oxymoron. Kinda like "diet ice cream"... Hahahaha
Search and rescue teams use psychics to locate people who get lost in the wilderness. They wouldn't use the same person routinely if they didn't get positive results.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:30 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,493,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Search and rescue teams use psychics to locate people who get lost in the wilderness. They wouldn't use the same person routinely if they didn't get positive results.
What these so-called psychics do is waste valuable time and resources in an investigation. But look, I don't care to debate the matter with you, or change your opinion. Believe whatever you like.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:26 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
What these so-called psychics do is waste valuable time and resources in an investigation. But look, I don't care to debate the matter with you, or change your opinion. Believe whatever you like.
These aren't random people, like the kind of psychics who come out of the woodwork when a sensational crime had happened. These are people who have provided consistent positive results, so the teams rely on them for their proven skills. Don't blame the messenger; I'm just reporting what the search and rescue teams in my region do. If you think they should believe in this type of assistance, talk to the team staff.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:33 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,493,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
These aren't random people, like the kind of psychics who come out of the woodwork when a sensational crime had happened. These are people who have provided consistent positive results, so the teams rely on them for their proven skills. Don't blame the messenger; I'm just reporting what the search and rescue teams in my region do. If you think they should believe in this type of assistance, talk to the team staff.
Right, these aren't those fake psychics, these are the "real" ones.

I'm not 'blaming' you or anyone, but clearly you felt the need to post in defense of their use. So again, if you(or anyone else for that matter) believe that any psychic has "proven skills", I'll simply leave you with your belief.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:58 PM

5,587 posts, read 6,521,046 times
I just read a "headline" on a newsfeed that there are conspiracy therorists that think/claim Katy Perry is JonBenet Ramsey. The "headline" was so absurd to me that I just SMH and kept moving on.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,578,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I just read a "headline" on a newsfeed that there are conspiracy therorists that think/claim Katy Perry is JonBenet Ramsey. The "headline" was so absurd to me that I just SMH and kept moving on.
Funny as a headline; nothing major reporting in the media?

Old 03-17-2016, 09:48 PM

5,587 posts, read 6,521,046 times
Here's the story of the "headline" I spoke of: On my ISP's home page, and subsequent pages, is the main story, then below the screaming headline are a couple links to other stories. I clicked on one of these links for X topic, which in turn brought me to a page with that story as well as many other links of stories to click on.

The page I ended up on, after clicking on links to read several different stories, was an Entertainment page that had unending "headlines" to click on with attached pic of person involved, similar to Pinterest. Whenever you get close to the end (based on the scroll bar) the page magically adds more text, pics and captions so you never get to the end. So, it was a "headline" buried deep in the belly of cyberspace, where all gossip and crap about celebrities reside.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:10 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,578,883 times
Ramsey, JonBenet – murdered – Boulder, Colorado USA – December 1996
A-Z of cases to date – Astrology in Crime

Toddlers and tiaras pt.1
Toddlers and tiaras Pt.1 – Astrology in Crime

Toddlers and tiaras pt.2
Toddlers and tiaras Pt.2 – Astrology in Crime

From pt.2
Dear reader, did you notice that the tombstone at the top of this post has her death as 25th December and not the 26th as is the accepted date by pathologists.

It is as if the marketing ploy of aligning with an auspicious date in order to tug on the public’s heart-strings just that little bit more, is being utilised. You can sell more books that way…

Old 03-18-2016, 06:24 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,650,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
It is absurd; I've heard it as well. There are many links to it on google -- here's one:

FALSE: Katy Perry is JonBenét Ramsey : snopes.com

Old 03-24-2016, 11:29 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,490,278 times
I don't think it's a coincidence that 2 psychics had visions that are almost identical to Lou Smit's widely reported theories. It was interesting to see them sort of retrace the steps and almost act out Lou Smit's hypothesis of what happened. I actually think Lou was closer than anyone to figuring out the truth, but unfortunately Boulder PD did not. Now Lou is dead, and I doubt this will ever get resolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.