Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 09:05 PM

5,617 posts, read 6,565,405 times

Advertisements

I tried to click on the link but my browser keeps closing out of the page. All I got was this guy is the son of a junkyard dealer who killed himself.......also this is in the UK publication Daily Mail.

Can you please tell me who this guy is and what the article says. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2016, 10:31 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,658,295 times
^^^Better to google it.

I've always heard that theory, but tossed it immediately because how could a young man who was into drugs and worked at a junkyard write such a compelling, three-page letter? He wouldn't know the word "attache" or "hence."

Old 04-14-2016, 06:46 AM

26,873 posts, read 27,059,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Can you please tell me who this guy is
Re: Michael Helgoth: https://www.city-data.com/forum/true-...l#post39992723

Old 04-18-2016, 05:15 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,186,712 times
I've said it before (in the previous JBR thread) and I'll say it again: I firmly believe someone in the family was responsible for the death of JBR:

What I believe occurred is that someone hit JBR in a fit of rage which caused her accidental death, and then someone in the family (possibly the one who hit her, but not necessarily) covered it up. It could have been anyone in the family that hit her, not just one of the parents.

Also as I've said before, the idea of one or more individuals breaking into the house undetected with the purposes of kidnapping JBR for ransom - writing a ransom note - accidentally killing JBR- then leaving the ransom note (even after she died) behind as evidence is unbelievably preposterous & ludicrous. As has been mentioned before, the handwriting & tone of the ransom note matched someone in the family, and it was fairly evident that it was written by someone who was either educated and/or used elaborate terminology/vocabulary.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 04-18-2016 at 05:47 PM..

Old 04-19-2016, 04:01 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,498,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I've said it before (in the previous JBR thread) and I'll say it again: I firmly believe someone in the family was responsible for the death of JBR:

What I believe occurred is that someone hit JBR in a fit of rage which caused her accidental death, and then someone in the family (possibly the one who hit her, but not necessarily) covered it up. It could have been anyone in the family that hit her, not just one of the parents.

Also as I've said before, the idea of one or more individuals breaking into the house undetected with the purposes of kidnapping JBR for ransom - writing a ransom note - accidentally killing JBR- then leaving the ransom note (even after she died) behind as evidence is unbelievably preposterous & ludicrous. As has been mentioned before, the handwriting & tone of the ransom note matched someone in the family, and it was fairly evident that it was written by someone who was either educated and/or used elaborate terminology/vocabulary.
But how do you explain such a preposterous, elaborate cover-up by the family? It just doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't they simply say she slipped in the bathtub, or was jumping on the bed, or fell down the stairs, etc.?

Old 04-19-2016, 07:03 AM

26,873 posts, read 27,059,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
But how do you explain such a preposterous, elaborate cover-up by the family?
There was no evidence of any cover up. Go back and read the previous 2 threads (or the multiple other threads on this crime). It's been discussed in detail.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:30 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,498,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
There was no evidence of any cover up. Go back and read the previous 2 threads (or the multiple other threads on this crime). It's been discussed in detail.
I've read all and participated in most of the threads. I understand you may believe otherwise, but Lebowski is clearly taking the position that it was a family cover-up. So, I'm trying to understand how he explains such an elaborate scheme when a much simpler and more plausible scenario could've been created.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:24 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,845,724 times
I'd like to believe the parents didn't do it.

I could be totally convinced that they did do it except for the sexual staging. That's just weird. Normal people wouldn't know how to do that. That says to me that "something" was going on.

Something like--they were allowing people to sexually abuse her. Or something like that.

I could believe that the parents did it, probably unintentionally, and Patsy wrote the note. I could even believe that they hid her body in the basement to make it look like an attempted kidnapping and to make it look as though they didn't know where she was.

But what NORMAL parent would know how to do what was done to that little girl? If the parents did that to her, then they must have been perverts and maybe involved in some sort of sex ring. When I read what had been done to her, I had never even heard of that sort of thing before, let alone know how to do all that.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:30 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,637,281 times
Quote:
But how do you explain such a preposterous, elaborate cover-up by the family? It just doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't they simply say she slipped in the bathtub, or was jumping on the bed, or fell down the stairs, etc.?
Candyrose site contains a statement this is infact what happened, told by a Graphics associate claiming to over hear a convo; Patsy swung something at John and hit JB accidently.

Neither scenario explains confirmed sexual abuse or ransom note.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:05 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,186,712 times
Quote:
Easy. If, as I suspect, someone in the family hit her "accidentally" in a fit of rage then it's obvious why they tried to cover this up; if an autopsy was done, then it would show she died of someone hitting her rather than her falling & hitting her own head, falling down the stairs, etc. I'm not criminologist/forensic scientist, but I watch a lot of True Crime documentaries/TV series, and based on what I've seen on these shows (which is apparently true to life) there are ways to tell fairly specifically how someone died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime