Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 06:36 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,656,054 times

Advertisements

I fear her mental state is such that she may not have the information to give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 07:56 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,416,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Yea, I think thats exactly the case.

I find it interesting that the last time I heard, the Father of the child had not come forward. It would make one assume that the Father is NOT on the birth certificate.
One news story said the father was dead. Another said the father was unknown. The police are digging up the grandparents back yard - if it turns out her mother has buried that girl in the yard I hope they throw the book at her.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:19 PM

231 posts, read 157,768 times
I hope they throw the book at her anyway. I'm reminded of an old Steve Harvey special when he mocks Susan Smith's BS performance. "Two kids missing...one damned tear! That's not how you act when your kids are missing!"

Old 07-19-2008, 05:37 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,807,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusseinMoore View Post
I hope they throw the book at her anyway. I'm reminded of an old Steve Harvey special when he mocks Susan Smith's BS performance. "Two kids missing...one damned tear! That's not how you act when your kids are missing!"
I remember that Susan Smith debacle. The night they were reporting that on the news, they showed a clip of a woman in a witness box testifying about her husand's death. Right after that they showed the clip of Susan Smith asking for "help" in finding her babies. I compared her "performance" to the one before that and told my husband "she killed those kids." It was just not believable the way she acted.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:25 PM

I was a kid when that happened, and I remember praying for those kids to come home safe. My mom looks over at her sister and says, "that heffa's lyin'." My aunt had no kids at the time, and she and I thought my mom was so coldblooded!

Cut to a few years later and her daughter is missing - in the sense that she and her ex-husband got their dates crossed. He picked their daughter up from Saturday practice like he usually did, and she shows up to get her and she's gone. Now, these were the pre-cell phone days - hell, the pre-BEEPER days - so there's no calling daughter's pre-paid cell or anything like that. Dad and daughter are living it up, eating ice cream and going to the fair (I think), and our whole family is up in arms. This mix-up was for all of five hours, and my aunt was inconsolable for three days. So I can chuckle at this memory and throw nasty vibes at this "mother" at the same time. If you were going to take my aunt's mug shot if her kids were missing, you'd have to take it while she's lying on the floor, out cold.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM

I hate when people stick up for their kids knowing they're wrong. What possible logical reason could this woman have for not telling the police everything she knows about her daughter's whereabouts?
Quote:
The mother of a woman arrested weeks after her toddler disappeared said her daughter Casey "has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story," as she begged the public to help find missing Caylee Marie Anthony, 2.
They won't find this little girl until her mother tells them where she dumped her body.

FOXNews.com - Grandma Defends Daughter, Asks Public for Help Finding Missing Toddler - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 PM

I tell you what. Give some overworked, single mothers 10 minutes alone in a room with her, and she'll tell the whole story.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusseinMoore View Post
I tell you what. Give some overworked, single mothers 10 minutes alone in a room with her, and she'll tell the whole story.
I was thinking that same thing - I wonder how the other women in the jail are treating her, since people usually get very attached to their kids after they get locked up.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:21 PM

13,782 posts, read 26,294,724 times
I keep hearing there is a logical reason Casey did not call the police but what the hell could that be. What could possibly override her daughters safety??

Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I keep hearing there is a logical reason Casey did not call the police but what the hell could that be. What could possibly override her daughters safety??
Not wanting to go to prison for killing your child and then hiding her body. That's the only logical thing I could think of. I just can't believe her mother is sticking up for her. It's obvious to the rest of the world that the girl is a compulisive liar and not all that stable - I don't think I would have allowed her to take the child in the first place.

Hell, I got in a fight with my mother once because she wouldn't babysit so I could go to a step show and she wouldn't let me take my son (who was like 3 weeks old at the time) when I was trying to leave her house because she felt I was too upset and she was afraid I'd do something stupid. So I'm pretty sure if she had full custody of my son and she knew that I was a little off - I wouldn't have gotten to far with him before she caught up with me.

I think the fact that this little girl was missing for a whole month before they called the police says a lot about the whole damn family. I can't believe the mother didn't call the police after the first few days when she started getting these sketchy answers...yes, I know she loves her child but your child is a grown woman. Caylee is two - she needs your loyalty a bit more than Casey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime