Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,290,389 times

Advertisements

An interview with a police detective who searched Casey's car said the car had the unmistakable stench of human decomposition...believe me, that smell is something you never forget.

It really does not look good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 09:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,413,061 times
Yep, it's official: the whole damn family is crazy.
Quote:
"We can confide in each other on a level that we don't feel obligated to share with anybody else," Lee Anthony said, leaning forward in the witness stand. "We can tell each other things that we wouldn't feel comfortable telling even the rest of the family."
Do they speak a secret language that only family members understand? Why is everyone in this family hintong that she'll tell them but won't tell the police?

Hair Same Length and Color of Caylee's Found in Family Car

Quote:
Mellich said hairs of the same length and color of the 2-year-old were found in the trunk, and they've been sent to a forensic lab for DNA testing.
I wonder what reason her grandmother is going to give for her daughter placing the child in the trunk..maybe she forgot the car seat and wanted to make sure she was safe.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:35 PM

Will the rest of the family be arrested if it is revealed Casey told them what happened and they did not tell the authorities?

Maybe they all wear aluminum foil hats so the authorites can not hear what they are "saying" to each other.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,317,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdarr02 View Post
I can not believe that she has not reported her daughter missing, I have a two year old at home never in my life would I ever let me child out of my site, I feel for the grand parents of the little girl. I hope and Pray that that little girl is found safe and alive. I just want to know why would you ever think of putting such a innocent life in that type of Danger. Hopefully Caylee is found alive and safe.
No kidding.

When my son was 15 (last year), I called the police when he didn't show up after school when it was time for him to be home. He'd been riding the bus (city bus) for about a month and knew the way and the route and all.. but he fell asleep on the way home, woke up, and had no idea where he was. Embarrassed, he didn't ask the bus driver. He just rode the route ALL the way to the end, then came back to school and started over again. Why didn't he call me???? I don't know. He won't ever NOT call again though, that's for sure. He has a cell phone now too..

Anyway, point is I called the cops around 6 when he should have been home by 4:30, and I was absolutely out of my MIND with worry. It makes tears well up again just thinking about it. The police came about 5 minutes after he came and they laid into him about scaring his mom to death. He and I both ended up crying and he was so sorry for making me worry... I am just thankful the police didn't try and turn it into a "teenager thing" and they took me seriously when I explained to them that he was NOT the type to just not come home or rebel and run off.

I cannot imagine not reporting my kid missing for DAYS or WEEKS!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I know that this isn't funny but that cracked me up. I think the whole family is crazy and they all know where that child is. When they finally come clean I hope they make the pay for all the manpower and tax payers money they wasted looking for a child that's not really missing
I have to say it cracked me up too. I've been watching the Grandma in all her interviews and she is definitely OFF and definitely hiding something herself. And you know, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... it makes sense that the mother is psychologically unbalanced if the grandmother is as well, which I firmly believe.

My mother would be incoherent, but not in this weird attempt to be vague, but because of her SOBBING if she didn't know where my boys were!!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
No kidding.

When my son was 15 (last year), I called the police when he didn't show up after school when it was time for him to be home. He'd been riding the bus (city bus) for about a month and knew the way and the route and all.. but he fell asleep on the way home, woke up, and had no idea where he was. Embarrassed, he didn't ask the bus driver. He just rode the route ALL the way to the end, then came back to school and started over again. Why didn't he call me???? I don't know. He won't ever NOT call again though, that's for sure. He has a cell phone now too..

Anyway, point is I called the cops around 6 when he should have been home by 4:30, and I was absolutely out of my MIND with worry. It makes tears well up again just thinking about it. The police came about 5 minutes after he came and they laid into him about scaring his mom to death. He and I both ended up crying and he was so sorry for making me worry... I am just thankful the police didn't try and turn it into a "teenager thing" and they took me seriously when I explained to them that he was NOT the type to just not come home or rebel and run off.

What a frightening story. I am so glad everything worked out for the best for you and your son.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:55 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,653,784 times
There is no worry like lost-kid worry.

Thank goodness your story had such a happy ending!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
I know what you mean. My two year old has a habit of trying to go home with his friends from daycare and hes very sneaky about it; he'll stand right next to the door and when it opens try to run out (they have another door so he can't get out of the building but it scares me to death) So one day I go pick him up and the lady tells me he's not there.

Knowing I dropped him off, I go to his classroom and look for him and he's not there. So I'm thinking someone has randomly come and this daycare and snatched my child. I'm going ballisitic, when his teacher comes and tells me my mom picked him up early this morning.

I'd totally forgotten that he had a doctor's appointment and she was taking him - when I thought he was missing everything flew out of my mind except "I want my kid" so this story makes no sense to me at all.

There's too many odd things - if Casey was living at home, how could her parents not know she wasn't working? Was she getting up every day and pretending to go to work? And when she left the car at the Amscot, didn't they wonder where her car was? They didn't think it was funny that she hadn't brought the child home after a few days, especially if she didn't take enough clothes with her for an extended stay? Where was Casey this whole time the child was missing? I know she wasn't going home and saying "Caylee's at the sitters" so where was she living when her child disappeared?

Old 07-23-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I know what you mean. My two year old has a habit of trying to go home with his friends from daycare and hes very sneaky about it; he'll stand right next to the door and when it opens try to run out (they have another door so he can't get out of the building but it scares me to death) So one day I go pick him up and the lady tells me he's not there.

Knowing I dropped him off, I go to his classroom and look for him and he's not there. So I'm thinking someone has randomly come and this daycare and snatched my child. I'm going ballisitic, when his teacher comes and tells me my mom picked him up early this morning.

I'd totally forgotten that he had a doctor's appointment and she was taking him - when I thought he was missing everything flew out of my mind except "I want my kid" so this story makes no sense to me at all.

There's too many odd things - if Casey was living at home, how could her parents not know she wasn't working? Was she getting up every day and pretending to go to work? And when she left the car at the Amscot, didn't they wonder where her car was? They didn't think it was funny that she hadn't brought the child home after a few days, especially if she didn't take enough clothes with her for an extended stay? Where was Casey this whole time the child was missing? I know she wasn't going home and saying "Caylee's at the sitters" so where was she living when her child disappeared?
It is the WORST feeling huh? Just a few minutes ago I couldn't find the 5 year old. More freaking out. She was playing in her closet.

As for pretending to go to work every day... my ex did that so who knows? But yeah, I was wondering about the car. I read it was one of their cars. I know my mom would be asking where her car was! Especially if these folks don't have much money like they say. (which I'm not so sure of that, either)

Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 PM

More craziness from this family. "Oh last week, somebody called and left a voicemail saying thehy think they saw my missing grandchild getting on an airplane. I just now thought I should mention that."

FOXNews.com - Could Missing Florida Tot Caylee Be in Atlanta? - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Quote:
The child's grandmother Cindy Anthony confirmed that the lead surfaced late Tuesday. She said the tip was from a woman who lives in Orlando and was left on her voicemail. Cindy Anthony said she called the woman back and they talked.
What is WRONG with this family? I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if this mysterious caller steps forward or if we'll just have to take granny's word for it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime