Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,358,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
What about the summer evenings? Does it cool off enough to sit outside or do the temps remain in the 90's?
I've found summer evenings in Tucson to be fabulous. It's warm, but without the high humidity of the East Coast so it's lovely.

Of course then again I LOVE the tropics so that kind of weather is just perfect for me. Seriously though, you WILL find it be a lot easier to take than those hot sticky evenings of the East Coast - and I say this as someone who graduated from East Hampton High (so I know the East Coast weather).

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,582,900 times
It can be humid here during the monsoons. I've had drinking glasses sweat during the summer which surprised me at first. Generally, though, it stays in the 80's at night, and if there isn't any rain, it's beautiful. I spent the first 20 years of my life in MI, IL and CT, so I know hot and humid, and this is nothing like that at all!

Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 AM

92 posts, read 216,256 times
have lived in tucson (7 years) and phoenix (7 years), colorado 16 years, seattle (3 years), NC (3 years), CA (1 year) ...best weather is in CA ( if you dont mind fog)...Phoenix is excruciatingly hot...tucson very hot but more tolerable..best weather is up on the mogollom rim area (prescott, cottonwood, payson, eg)..if you like vigorous 4 season climate with lots of sunny days...its colorado for sure...but winters can be tough sometimes depending on the altitude and location...albuqurque has very nice high desert climate..

Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 PM

153 posts, read 522,757 times
set your owen to 450, leave it runnin' for an our, open the door stick your face in there as close as possible. that's it.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:10 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,358,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szupergipsy View Post
set your owen to 450, leave it runnin' for an our, open the door stick your face in there as close as possible. that's it.
Aside from the fact that you'll only be off by 350 degrees or so.

Ken

Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,626,364 times
Try the misting system if you have a patio cause I did find visiting Phoenix that they do help cool you off alot of the restaurants have them out on their patios

Tucson Outdoor Misting Systems LLC - Home

Old 03-20-2010, 12:19 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,582,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1946 View Post
have lived in tucson (7 years) and phoenix (7 years), colorado 16 years, seattle (3 years), NC (3 years), CA (1 year) ...best weather is in CA ( if you dont mind fog)...Phoenix is excruciatingly hot...tucson very hot but more tolerable..best weather is up on the mogollom rim area (prescott, cottonwood, payson, eg)..if you like vigorous 4 season climate with lots of sunny days...its colorado for sure...but winters can be tough sometimes depending on the altitude and location...albuqurque has very nice high desert climate..
I lived in CO west of Colorado Springs for 30 years. Up there in Divide, we had two seasons; winter and July. I'll take the warmth here anyday. Especially in the winter. Summers are hot, but they're not unbearable, especially if you go from your house to car to office with AC. However, I wouldn't want to work with hot asphalt outdoors during the heat of a summer day.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:16 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,646,785 times
I lived in Tucson for many years before moving to Phoenix-and I can honestly say Tucson does get hot but not anywhere as bad as up here.
In Tucson there actually is a monsoon season-unlike here from what I've seen so far. And really-you just have to learn to adapt to the environment where u live. In AZ-most people don't go out a lot in the sun during the day...during the summer. And everyone has AC...
I grew up in OH and remember well the humidity and the heat (although it wasn't very hot in summer) and it was bad. Dry heat always beats out humid heat!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,163,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
Summers are rough there. Dry heat or no, it is very very hot. But while the summer is pretty unbearable, the other nine months of the year are so nice that it makes up for it. When you think about it, most cities have at LEAST three months of bad weather, and many have a lot more. Much of the east coast is freezing in the winter and crazy humid in the summer. The Pacific Northwest has several months of seemingly unrelenting gray weather in the winter months. I swear, the gulf coast probably gets three months of torrential rain when you add it all up in the course of a year. Perhaps coastal California is near-perfect weather-wise. But you could also do a lot worse than southern Arizona.
Wash DC native here. Needless to say: I will gladly take Tucson or Phx summers (Lake Havasu City or Bullhead City are a different story though, much hotter there) over DC's humid ones as long as I am in the shade; BTW I received several nasty sunburns back east as a kid so our Southwest is no more dangerous IMHO.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:09 PM

739 posts, read 1,849,959 times
I am really liking the mostly positive comments about Tucson summers. I'm trying to convince my DH that we could move there and survive. We live in Ashland, Oregon right now and are happy here but housing is expensive and winters are gray and in the 40's for too long, it seems. We get some sunny days but altogether spend too much time indoors. At least if Tucson is hot in the summer we can dunk ourselves in a swimming pool.
We have one daughter here in Ashland and the other one is in Tucson. Tough choices to make!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson