Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,313 times

Advertisements

ZP! Poco and Moms! I forgot about that place. Good breakfast down there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 07:59 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
I've given up on any hopes of seafood here. I save that for when I go back to MD.

As far as restaurants go, my fave is Feast on Speedway. I also like Las Candelas on Limberlost... I assume a lot of people don't know about that one since they're usually pretty empty. Also, Karichimaka on Mission near Irvington has some great cheap Mexican food.
Excellent, Middy! Most of us lifelong Tucsonans tend to forget about Karichimaka!

There also used to be a lot of drag racing out there on Mission Road in the good ol' days! Karichimaka Turn just south of the restaurant was a big concern back then... somewhat like "Dead Man's Curve" in Jan & Dean's song!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 PM

Born and raised in Tucson and I can't say I've even heard of Karichimaka. Though - I've been to Mission and Irvington about 5 times total in my life.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
ZP! Poco and Moms! I forgot about that place. Good breakfast down there!
Yeah... we need to frequent that cool little establishment a bit more as well! That place used to be an old El Taco building, of all things!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM

Default Middy?

Hey! I need to explain to mdtoaz why I call her "Middy"!

First of all, she hails from Maryland (MD), where Annapolis, Maryland and the Naval Academy Midshipmen (the Middies) are located.

Also, Maryland (MD) is one of the Mid-Atlantic states! THAT's why I've christened her Middy! Sure hope that's been okay, Middy!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Born and raised in Tucson and I can't say I've even heard of Karichimaka. Though - I've been to Mission and Irvington about 5 times total in my life.
Hey that's five (5) times more than most people EVER venture down into that dreaded, constantly-forwarned-against "southside" of Tucson! I'm very proud of you, Reezo!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Duty Free and Hookers, or Duty free hookers?

I don't like Fish. I've had sea-bass direct from the source. People raved over it. I could handle it - but I wouldn't ask for it over a cut of beef, pork or chicken!

Please don't hate me!
They're not duty free, but reasonably priced, I'd imagine.

Eh, you grew up here - it's understandable to not like fish when you haven't seen fish. Enjoy your various concoctions of rice and beans!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
They're not duty free, but reasonably priced, I'd imagine.

Eh, you grew up here - it's understandable to not like fish when you haven't seen fish. Enjoy your various concoctions of rice and beans!
I've seen fish. I used to go fishing all the time in my youth.

Edit: I also kept an aquarium for some time.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:40 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
I've seen fish. I used to go fishing all the time in my youth.

Edit: I also kept an aquarium for some time.
OK, go argue semantics, pig out on beans, and have fun doing whatever happens after eating too much beans!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, go argue semantics, pig out on beans, and have fun doing whatever happens after eating too much beans!
I don't have beans very often. Rice more often but usually its white rice. I am not big into the mexican food scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson