Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 12:33 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,307,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Yep, a brilliant game in Witcher 3, with affordable, high-quality DLCs and lack of microtransactions (which have ruined Rockstar, contrary to what that article states) are why everyone was so hype for this game. Now, they're looking to be just as greedy/scummy as every other major developer these days.
The Witcher 3 took a full year to remove game breaking bugs. It was pretty much a dumpster fire on release too.

Everyone was so hyped for this game because it was announced 2012 and what can you do in 8 years? I'll also add CDPR have hyped it themselves over the course of those 8 years, reaching a frenzy recently, even grocery bags have the logo. Just to put 8 years into perspective, a 10 year old who played W2 (Assassin of Kings) at release just finished their first year of college this summer.

However any idea that CDPR was any different from any other publisher was all in the mind of those observers. The whole point of business is to sell your product at a profit, the more you can sell, at the lowest production cost, the greater your profit. The DLC you mention cost $25 as a pass, or $30 as two separate purchases, now sure they were decent enough, but that takes your payment for W3 to close to $100, for scripts textures, audio, and meshes.

Old 12-14-2020, 09:02 AM

29,563 posts, read 22,944,955 times
The studio releases an 'apology.'

In hindsight it is even more apparent why the studio did not allow reviewers to review the game on the PS4/Xbox One versions or show gameplay on those systems prior to game release. As shady as they come but all will be forgiven in due time as people tend to be a forgetful lot.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/st...90123373801472

Cyberpunk 2077 maker apologizes for terrible PS4/Xbox One launch, promises refunds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 03:29 PM

22,063 posts, read 25,433,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The studio releases an 'apology.'

In hindsight it is even more apparent why the studio did not allow reviewers to review the game on the PS4/Xbox One versions or show gameplay on those systems prior to game release. As shady as they come but all will be forgiven in due time as people tend to be a forgetful lot.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/st...90123373801472

Cyberpunk 2077 maker apologizes for terrible PS4/Xbox One launch, promises refunds
Yeah. Either the CEO had no clue of the state of his project and sat down to give an interview based in representations that were false or he intentionally sold a bag of moldy potatoes as surprisingly good potatoes. Either is unexcusable. Damage control time. But we all know most people won't go through requesting a refund, particularly if any number have to contact CD Projekt Red to obtain it. Even if they have the best of intent they have no capacity to manually refund hundreds of thousands of sales in a one week period.

All of this was easily avoided. It works on PC but clearly is unfinished and needs polish even there. From the timeline the earliest it is expected to be ready is sometime in February.

Underneath the bugs it's quite good, but simply an unacceptable number of bugs as well as some mechanics that really need to go back to the drawing board. I'd give it a 6/10 on PC as it currently stands. There's the potential for an 8/10 with some polish. It will never be better than that without some more fundamental ground up reworking though. Hacking needs a complete overall as does crafting. The driving maybe it can get away with that being bad, and not surfer too much. AI needs a lot of work in combat beyond just the tendency for it to get broken. None of those are critical to it being a good story-driven RPG, but they are necessary for it to be a great one.

Could be worse. It's not No Man's Sky. There's an actual game that's definitely highly enjoyable which unfortunately your experience in will be plagued with annoying bugs. Save, save, save. You never know when your character will decide to unexpectedly get stuck on an invisible object while sneaking through a base and proceed to jump up and down to get you caught or when an enemy will waltz through a wall. That or just skip the stealth crap and shoot everything.

Last edited by Malloric; 12-14-2020 at 03:50 PM..

Old 12-15-2020, 02:53 PM

17,520 posts, read 12,475,525 times
Yeah, I know I've got this coming as a Christmas present, on the Xbox One. So it's already purchased but won't be received until after their refund period. I'm sure there's a ton of people in that same situation. Guess I'll let it sit until patches come rather than ruin the experience trying to play over Christmas vacation.

Old 12-15-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yeah. Either the CEO had no clue of the state of his project and sat down to give an interview based in representations that were false or he intentionally sold a bag of moldy potatoes as surprisingly good potatoes. Either is unexcusable. Damage control time. But we all know most people won't go through requesting a refund, particularly if any number have to contact CD Projekt Red to obtain it. Even if they have the best of intent they have no capacity to manually refund hundreds of thousands of sales in a one week period.

All of this was easily avoided. It works on PC but clearly is unfinished and needs polish even there. From the timeline the earliest it is expected to be ready is sometime in February.

Underneath the bugs it's quite good, but simply an unacceptable number of bugs as well as some mechanics that really need to go back to the drawing board. I'd give it a 6/10 on PC as it currently stands. There's the potential for an 8/10 with some polish. It will never be better than that without some more fundamental ground up reworking though. Hacking needs a complete overall as does crafting. The driving maybe it can get away with that being bad, and not surfer too much. AI needs a lot of work in combat beyond just the tendency for it to get broken. None of those are critical to it being a good story-driven RPG, but they are necessary for it to be a great one.

Could be worse. It's not No Man's Sky. There's an actual game that's definitely highly enjoyable which unfortunately your experience in will be plagued with annoying bugs. Save, save, save. You never know when your character will decide to unexpectedly get stuck on an invisible object while sneaking through a base and proceed to jump up and down to get you caught or when an enemy will waltz through a wall. That or just skip the stealth crap and shoot everything.
Guaranteed everyone at CDPR knew how broke the PS4/Xbox One versions were.

And another cop out on top of cop outs, CDPR pretty much is admitting that refunds of this game are dictated by Sony/Microsoft so basically they are washing their hands of it. They make the ludicrous suggestion that those unhappy with the game return it for a refund, yet they say this knowing very well it's not going through their company. They also know very well many gamers will most likely let this slide and just patiently wait for the patches to come along in the next few months.

All will be forgiven in no time, we as a society are a very forgiving and forgetting lot.

It’s not as easy to get a Cyberpunk 2077 refund as CD Projekt Red suggested

Old 12-17-2020, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Guaranteed everyone at CDPR knew how broke the PS4/Xbox One versions were.

And another cop out on top of cop outs, CDPR pretty much is admitting that refunds of this game are dictated by Sony/Microsoft so basically they are washing their hands of it. They make the ludicrous suggestion that those unhappy with the game return it for a refund, yet they say this knowing very well it's not going through their company. They also know very well many gamers will most likely let this slide and just patiently wait for the patches to come along in the next few months.

All will be forgiven in no time, we as a society are a very forgiving and forgetting lot.

It’s not as easy to get a Cyberpunk 2077 refund as CD Projekt Red suggested
Not just knew how broken it was on the PS4/XB1 platforms, but deceptive and throwing Sony/Microsoft and loathe though I am to admit it, the media under the bus.

So let's look at what CDPR actually did...

They embargoed reviews, they released review codes for download, then withdrew the codes for all but PC, they violated certification by not having a day 1 patch that covered certification issues (admittedly this exposes a flaw in cert too). They then threw MS/Sony/Retailers under the bus saying " if people want a refund they can have it" without securing any agreement by MS/Sony/Retailers.

Now one can argue its just a series of coincidences, but, I find that very hard to believe 4 entirely coincidental events have occurred in a week (give or take), that all involve poor quality on base console releases. Regardless just their very actions violates any trust gamers can have with CDPR, even if its coincidence.

Just goes to prove any claims that any game developer is better than any other, isn't founded in reality.

Old 12-17-2020, 10:11 AM

6,409 posts, read 9,050,092 times
Has anyone succeeded in getting a refund from Sony? I was reading an article about customers being referred to Microsoft and Sony for refunds. I tried to get a refund for NHL 21 which is defective and the EA servers are always down and HUT crashes. Sony's robo customer service refused to direct me to a live person because the game was already downloaded. Feels like I need to file a lawsuit to get my $60+ back.

Old 12-17-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Has anyone succeeded in getting a refund from Sony? I was reading an article about customers being referred to Microsoft and Sony for refunds. I tried to get a refund for NHL 21 which is defective and the EA servers are always down and HUT crashes. Sony's robo customer service refused to direct me to a live person because the game was already downloaded. Feels like I need to file a lawsuit to get my $60+ back.
Can't file a lawsuit against Sony, they indemnified themselves against it in the EULA you agreed to when you accepted it during OOBE (Initial start up)

Back in 2011 after the Breach they added a no lawsuit clause, but you can arrange arbitration instead, in California, where the entire EULA is administered from, and you also agreed you accept that any disagreement would be solely handled under CA jurisdiction (San Matteo County to be precise), requiring initial arbitration. This was to prevent subsequent class action lawsuits if the event recurred, because losing 77M accounts data and being required to pay $15M in damages is just unfair, I mean $0.20 per user is too high a price to pay for losing user data, right?

So you'll first need to file a lawsuit against the EULA, and then, if you win that, you could file your $60 suit.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:36 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,209,438 times
Sony pulls cyberpunk from playstation store and offering refunds.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Not just knew how broken it was on the PS4/XB1 platforms, but deceptive and throwing Sony/Microsoft and loathe though I am to admit it, the media under the bus.

So let's look at what CDPR actually did...

They embargoed reviews, they released review codes for download, then withdrew the codes for all but PC, they violated certification by not having a day 1 patch that covered certification issues (admittedly this exposes a flaw in cert too). They then threw MS/Sony/Retailers under the bus saying " if people want a refund they can have it" without securing any agreement by MS/Sony/Retailers.

Now one can argue its just a series of coincidences, but, I find that very hard to believe 4 entirely coincidental events have occurred in a week (give or take), that all involve poor quality on base console releases. Regardless just their very actions violates any trust gamers can have with CDPR, even if its coincidence.

Just goes to prove any claims that any game developer is better than any other, isn't founded in reality.
I agree especially with the last point.

I see CDPR fanboys on various YouTube videos defending them, with some of them saying that at least CDPR 'apologized' unlike other game companies (absolutely untrue, as multiple major companies like Ubisoft and Rockstar have issued apologies in the past, but nothing for anything as deceitful as what CDPR did).

I keep hearing conflicting things, that even without the bugs and jankiness, the core game isn't even really all that great or revolutionary as CDPR had hyped it. The side missions seem repetitive and pointless, AI horrible, etc.

I'm thinking this will go down as one of the worst debacles in videogaming history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games