Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 09:50 AM

16,609 posts, read 19,836,379 times

Advertisements

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 06:10 AM

4,687 posts, read 3,894,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Am I the only long time hardcore gamer that knows practically nothing about this series?!?

LOL
Nope. I know nothing about this game either, other than seeing it in headlines all the time.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:29 PM

16,609 posts, read 19,836,379 times
Thank you for affirming I'm not crazy. lol

Old 11-11-2020, 02:15 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,528,945 times
Looks like there’s still a lot of scepticism over the launch date. Let’s see if it actually sticks this time.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-s...7-delay-rumor/

Old 11-22-2020, 02:59 PM

29,543 posts, read 22,858,906 times
I think it's safe to say the game will be released as promised on 12/10.

Someone's Already Playing Cyberpunk 2077

Quote:
It seems at least one PS4 copy of Cyberpunk 2077 is in the hands of someone a little early. That person decided to stream about 20 minutes of the game, showing off part of the opening section in the game’s “Nomad” lifepath.

Yesterday, rumors began to appear online that some retail copies of Cyberpunk 2077 had possibly leaked out early. Then late last night someone briefly streamed a copy of the game, seeming to be playing it on the original PS4. The stream didn’t last long, about 20 minutes or so, but folks were able to record and re-upload the stream across sites like ResetEra.
Cyberpunk 2077 Retail Copies Already Out There, Leaks Are Inevitable

Old 11-23-2020, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think it's safe to say the game will be released as promised on 12/10.

Someone's Already Playing Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077 Retail Copies Already Out There, Leaks Are Inevitable
Or so they would have you believe. It’s coming out in 2077.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:10 PM

29,543 posts, read 22,858,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Or so they would have you believe. It’s coming out in 2077.
After all these years and anticipation, the game is finally within days of release (for real).

Not unexpected, but this game seems to have bugs. They had all this time to work on it and still buggy (as per usual in the industry).

Seems like a big world with plenty of things to do and to keep people engrossed for hours. Some of these reviewers were blowing through the main missions and rushing things just to get the reviews posted on time, so that might factor into their opinions.

I'm still grinding on AC Valhalla so won't get to it for some time.

Cyberpunk 2077 Review: A beautiful cityscape with a staggering amount of choice (and a few too many bugs).

‘Cyberpunk 2077’ feels like the messy and inevitable evolution of open-world design

Cyberpunk 2077 review — A look at the present, not the future

Quote:
I think that Cyberpunk 2077 delivers the big-budget gaming thrills that many people are looking for. But it falls short in a few key areas for me, and a lot of that comes as a byproduct of its ambition.

The problem is that the world of Cyberpunk 2077 suggests so much possibility. The megabuildings that make up the city’s skyline suggests vast interior spaces that don’t really exist. Merchants with a finite number of eurodollars suggests a simulated economy that isn’t in the game. The bustling streets suggests the potential for emergent story moments that almost never really happen.

And, of course, no game has all of those things on top of everything Cyberpunk does offer. But the point is that Cyberpunk 2077 is so ambitious that you expect more from it. And when something is missing, it hurts the entire experience more.

It’s like the food vendor that hangs out not far from V’s apartment. His stall looks attractive in that cyberpunk/Blade Runner style that makes everything in the game pop. It has steam rising off the food and nice lighting. If I were walking through L.A. and got hungry, I would want to stop and eat there. It helps contribute to the feel of the world — but that’s all it does. You cannot interact with the stall, eat its food, or even talk to the owner.

It’s just set dressing.

A lot of the game is just there to look good. And that’s fine — but it means I don’t want to spend a lot of time wandering around the world. If the environment primarily exists to look dope in the background while I’m doing the quests, then I’ll probably mostly stick to the main story, see what happens, and then bounce. It’s fine to make a game like that — for many, that’s the promise of Cyberpunk 2077. It just wasn’t the promise to me.
Cyberpunk 2077 is dad rock, not new wave

30 Hours With Cyberpunk 2077 Brings Mixed Feelings

Cyberpunk 2077 is gigantic, flawed and fantastic

Quote:
Believe the hype

Plenty of gamers will find Cyberpunk too much. It has a slow start -- you'll play for about four hours before even seeing the "Cyberpunk 2077" title screen -- and sometimes the main story moves at too slow a pace. Additionally, the roleplaying elements allow for varied combat, but some may find them needlessly complex, or simply overwhelming. (The features I've noted above are truly just the beginning.)

A lot of people don't want to spend 50 hours playing one game, much less 200 hours to 100% it, and would rather a more linear, streamlined experience. Even with its shorter main quest, Cyberpunk is unlikely to sustain this type of player from start to end.

But Cyberpunk 2077 isn't designed for that type of player. Anyone who's followed the game knows what they're in for. Players keen for a world to get lost in, a game to sink untold hours into, will be satiated by Cyberpunk 2077.

"We want Cyberpunk 2077 to be our crowning achievement for this generation," said CD Projekt Red bosses when they delayed the game from April 10 to Sept. 17. The studio failed to reach the Sept. 17 deadline, but Cyberpunk as its crowning achievement? Mission accomplished.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
After all these years and anticipation, the game is finally within days of release (for real).

Not unexpected, but this game seems to have bugs. They had all this time to work on it and still buggy (as per usual in the industry).

Seems like a big world with plenty of things to do and to keep people engrossed for hours. Some of these reviewers were blowing through the main missions and rushing things just to get the reviews posted on time, so that might factor into their opinions.

I'm still grinding on AC Valhalla so won't get to it for some time.

Cyberpunk 2077 Review: A beautiful cityscape with a staggering amount of choice (and a few too many bugs).

‘Cyberpunk 2077’ feels like the messy and inevitable evolution of open-world design

Cyberpunk 2077 review — A look at the present, not the future

Cyberpunk 2077 is dad rock, not new wave

30 Hours With Cyberpunk 2077 Brings Mixed Feelings

Cyberpunk 2077 is gigantic, flawed and fantastic
Most of the reviews have been positive, though bugs are the main problem. It currently has a 91 on metacritic.

The lowest score I’ve come across was a 7 from Gamespot, but that reviewer has garnered a lot of controversy from some of her prior reviews.

Old 12-08-2020, 01:00 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,298,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Most of the reviews have been positive, though bugs are the main problem. It currently has a 91 on metacritic.

The lowest score I’ve come across was a 7 from Gamespot, but that reviewer has garnered a lot of controversy from some of her prior reviews.
Yeah looks like a Witcher 3 retread release, bones of a great game marred by instability.

Review wise it makes me chuckle when a review says
"The final experience might be more familiar than many predicted, with plenty of elements that aren’t perfect..."

Yet gives it a maximum score. I'm not sure that the reviewer understand either what "plenty of elements are not perfect" means, or what a max score should mean.

Dunno whether the Gamespot review is low, or the top scores are high to be honest. Either the Gamespot reviewer had a really bad build (and a second build), or, the high end reviewers don't think game crashing bugs, and reloading or rollback save points is a big deal.

That said give it a year and it'll be another classic by CDPR.

Old 12-08-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Yeah looks like a Witcher 3 retread release, bones of a great game marred by instability.

Review wise it makes me chuckle when a review says
"The final experience might be more familiar than many predicted, with plenty of elements that aren’t perfect..."

Yet gives it a maximum score. I'm not sure that the reviewer understand either what "plenty of elements are not perfect" means, or what a max score should mean.

Dunno whether the Gamespot review is low, or the top scores are high to be honest. Either the Gamespot reviewer had a really bad build (and a second build), or, the high end reviewers don't think game crashing bugs, and reloading or rollback save points is a big deal.

That said give it a year and it'll be another classic by CDPR.
In a way, I wish professional and reviewers were a bit more stringent with their reviews. There’s often a discrepancy between what’s said/written vs what the numerical score ends up being, and that’s a real shame since a lot people look at the number rather than going through the review.

The Gamespot reviewer has been accused of being an SJW, and bringing up identity politics into her reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games