Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 10,410 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to find out information on either of these aeas. I am teacher and he Works on Vaccum pumps. I wouls like to know if these areas will be developing more and how rural are they. If there are better areas to look into I would appreciate your suggestions. We could spend around 250,000.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,403,489 times
Is it possible to edit the original sticky post? If so, I think it should be added that those looking to move for Virginia would yield better responses if they post their own thread rather than adding to this one. I know that I for one rarely ever check in here.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,437,066 times
Joe, you can afford to live in the nice part of Williamsburg, for that amount, you can get a 1100 townhome on the nice part of town, if you want safety and beauty, that is the place to be, but spend the entire 400 for it!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 10,336 times
I am considereing relocating to Frederick County, in Winchester, Va. I am thinking about taking a job in one of the High Schools there. Can you tell me if there are adequate rentals in the area? How are the schools, crime, shopping?

Old 07-15-2007, 01:41 PM

38 posts, read 151,695 times
Default special education frederick county, va

Hello,

Maryland's getting fairly crowded these days.

Can anyone give me their experiences with special education in Frederick County?

Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
There's been many threads recently from people requesting information on which cities to live in in Virginia. If you are about to post one of these information request threads, please include the following:

-Where you are working
-How much you are willing to spend on housing
-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate
-If you have kids: Private school or public school?
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight?
-Community amenities important to you
-Pie or cake?

We on the Virginia forum would appreciate it if you included the above information in your initial post so you can get the information you want as quickly as possible and we would not have to repost the same questions for every thread. Thank you.

PS: WTB Sticky.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 12,851 times
Question Fishersville school & community info??

Hello all! Loving to have found this forum

My family has fallen in love with VA & are looking to move back to the South We are looking for a quiet small town community with lots of land, community-oriented small (good) schools (public or private) for our four children. I am a nurse & my husband is a carpenter. We're looking in the $200Ks. We don't mind a commute.

Anyone have info on jobs/schools/community in/near Fishersville?

Thanks

And it's cake-- chocolate cake

Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM

6 posts, read 26,874 times
Hi:

Will be moving to the Stafford area and am looking for recommendations regarding subdivisions (or ones to avoid) in and around Garirsonville Rd, Courthouse Rd. Any opinions about Vista Woods?

Looking for reasonable housing (around $300k) is this possible in that area?

Below are the answers to your questions:

-Where you are working -- Woodbridge-How long of a commute you're willing to tolerate -- < 1hr
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight? --small city excitement
-Community amenities important to you -- pool, shopping
-Pie or cake? -- cake

Old 07-20-2007, 07:31 PM

417 posts, read 1,130,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove5 View Post

Looking for reasonable housing (around $300k) is this possible in that area?

$300k is reasonable???!!!!!!
Where I now live, you can buy a perfectly good home for $20,000. I'm considering relocating to VA, but if I have to pay over $75k for a house, I'll buy a fifth wheel and park it on a mountain. $300k - good grief!

Old 07-22-2007, 06:45 PM

8 posts, read 36,841 times
Default SoCal to DC/MD/VA Area

My family and I are moving to the DC area from California. I'll be working on a short term project (1.5-2 years) that requires some visits to DC proper. I will have to drive my car when I do go into DC, but most of the time I'll be working from home. Since we'll be there a short while, I'm looking to rent a home in a nice area.

I appreciate any suggestions that factor in commute time, neigborhood (suburbia is okay), diverse community (my kids are bi-racial), shopping, parks, etc. I'm open to both VA and MD.

Ed

Old 07-26-2007, 09:04 AM

2 posts, read 13,608 times
Hi. I'm a teacher and have an offer from Loudoun County Public School. I'm looking for a good and cheap place to move near Leesburg . I'm really confuse about the moving and if I'm making a good election. If some of you are from that area please tell me. They offer 49,000 a year. But I have a job in Puerto Rico for about 7 years. . It pays only a half but I thing cost of life a taxes are bigger in Va .In VA the job offers are for every year. I have listen about a December list but don't know what is it. Please answer soon because I have to decide. Thank for all the information you can provide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia