Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 06:30 AM

111 posts, read 95,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
Quote:
Flash Required
That's gonna be a yikes from me, dawg
Attached Thumbnails
"15 Reasons Why DC Sucks For Guys"-yikes.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 09:50 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,628,386 times
I moved out of DC after 8 years of living there. Within 3 months of living in Pittsburgh, I found a beautiful woman the organic way who is in her mid-20's, knows what she wants, and plays no games. This is almost impossible to find in DC. We are in a great relationship now. This is extremely rare in DC as it's a hookup culture and people are very immature when it comes to relationships. Women in DC like to complain about men and how they have all these options. Why then when a good man takes an interest in you do you run and then start all over with the same rants that there are no good men in DC? One of the reason I left DC is the women I met 8 years ago who were single are still single and all they do is whine about it. On top of that, its an app centric city where nobody wants to meet the organic way and actually pursue anything long term. If you want to get laid, DC is a great city. Don't be expecting anything long term out of most of the women though as they're a mess. I love DC but hated it for what it offered for long term dating potential. My goal was to leave for at least a year and meet someone in a less transient environment, which I did. If she were open to moving to DC this year I would return now that I'm in a relationship. I can see how guys hate dating in DC though and think the women suck. The vast majority I met in my time in DC were emotionally unavailable, game players, serial daters, immature, "focused on their careers", constantly complaining no good men were left, etc. It was exhausting.

At the end of the day, I much prefer living in DC to Pgh even though I make more money here and the COL is less. DC has much more to offer and is much more beautiful. However, I decided to move for both the job and also because I was confident I'd meet more quality women, which I did. DC is becoming a younger city, and with that, it's going to attract people fresh out of college/grad school who aren't looking to settle down. And the women who have been there for a while seem to prefer the single life where brunch and happy hours with their girlfriends while swiping on apps is more important than pursing a relationship with a man. My advice to any man looking for a serious relationship in DC is to move away for a while to a less transient place where you'll meet women who actually want to settle down. DC is a wasteland if you're looking for this.

Old 01-31-2020, 11:49 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I moved out of DC after 8 years of living there. Within 3 months of living in Pittsburgh, I found a beautiful woman the organic way who is in her mid-20's, knows what she wants, and plays no games. This is almost impossible to find in DC. We are in a great relationship now. This is extremely rare in DC as it's a hookup culture and people are very immature when it comes to relationships. Women in DC like to complain about men and how they have all these options. Why then when a good man takes an interest in you do you run and then start all over with the same rants that there are no good men in DC? One of the reason I left DC is the women I met 8 years ago who were single are still single and all they do is whine about it. On top of that, its an app centric city where nobody wants to meet the organic way and actually pursue anything long term. If you want to get laid, DC is a great city. Don't be expecting anything long term out of most of the women though as they're a mess. I love DC but hated it for what it offered for long term dating potential. My goal was to leave for at least a year and meet someone in a less transient environment, which I did. If she were open to moving to DC this year I would return now that I'm in a relationship. I can see how guys hate dating in DC though and think the women suck. The vast majority I met in my time in DC were emotionally unavailable, game players, serial daters, immature, "focused on their careers", constantly complaining no good men were left, etc. It was exhausting.

At the end of the day, I much prefer living in DC to Pgh even though I make more money here and the COL is less. DC has much more to offer and is much more beautiful. However, I decided to move for both the job and also because I was confident I'd meet more quality women, which I did. DC is becoming a younger city, and with that, it's going to attract people fresh out of college/grad school who aren't looking to settle down. And the women who have been there for a while seem to prefer the single life where brunch and happy hours with their girlfriends while swiping on apps is more important than pursing a relationship with a man. My advice to any man looking for a serious relationship in DC is to move away for a while to a less transient place where you'll meet women who actually want to settle down. DC is a wasteland if you're looking for this.
I remember seeing your posts in the past. That's awesome, man. Congrats!

And yes,I agree with you. I'll travel to other US cities and women will just walk up and talk to me. It's not a big deal to have people come up and talk to you. In DC, a girl can drop her wallet, you go chase her and tap her on the shoulder to give it back to her and she's angry at you for touching her instead of being grateful for you returning her dropped wallet. There's a weird stigma with DC women (and 90% of them aren't DC locals) that i haven't seen before.

Also, unattractive overweight women in their 30's expect to have a guy be a perfect 10, just because the woman has a grad degree and a good job. Can't tell you how many of those type I've ran into.

Old 02-03-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

And yes,I agree with you. I'll travel to other US cities and women will just walk up and talk to me. It's not a big deal to have people come up and talk to you. In DC, a girl can drop her wallet, you go chase her and tap her on the shoulder to give it back to her and she's angry at you for touching her instead of being grateful for you returning her dropped wallet. There's a weird stigma with DC women (and 90% of them aren't DC locals) that i haven't seen before.

Also, unattractive overweight women in their 30's expect to have a guy be a perfect 10, just because the woman has a grad degree and a good job. Can't tell you how many of those type I've ran into.
HAHA! I was in DC this past weekend and met some very friendly young women from Baltimore who were down for the hockey game yesterday. These tend to be rareties in DC but since they were from Baltimore I wasn't surprised. Yeah, DC sucks for meeting women if you're looking for something real.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:58 PM

409 posts, read 333,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

I actually agree with you on this. Even NYC which probably has the most stubborn women is more open to interaction too. A special breed of women in the city (DC) for sure.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post
I actually agree with you on this. Even NYC which probably has the most stubborn women is more open to interaction too. A special breed of women in the city (DC) for sure.
Yep. I don't miss DC women whatsoever. On a positive note, if you want to hook up with hot women just head over to Barcelona Wine Bar in Logan Circle. You probably won't end up in a long-term relationship with any of the beauties that hang there but its easy pickins for a hook up and perhaps a date or two with an attractive woman.

Old 02-16-2020, 05:49 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post
I’m no longer in DC, but I do have to admit, while I didn’t think the women in DC were that extreme (although wasn’t actively looking at the time given I was super busy with my fellowship), I have found the women in Chicago to be very social. Was surprised at just how social people were in general when I first moved to Chicago.

When you go out her in Chicago, people just talk and interact with each other. Women are definitely friendly and social. What I remember about going out in DC was that it was like high school where guys seemed nerdy and afraid to talk to women and women seemed snobbish (lol- I’m partially kidding).

I also found my girlfriend the organic way here in Chicago through a young adults group, although online dating is really good in Chicago too. I did it for a while and met lots of nice women, but it’s just awkward for me and I prefer meeting women in person.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I’m no longer in DC, but I do have to admit, while I didn’t think the women in DC were that extreme (although wasn’t actively looking at the time given I was super busy with my fellowship), I have found the women in Chicago to be very social. Was surprised at just how social people were in general when I first moved to Chicago.

When you go out her in Chicago, people just talk and interact with each other. Women are definitely friendly and social. What I remember about going out in DC was that it was like high school where guys seemed nerdy and afraid to talk to women and women seemed snobbish (lol- I’m partially kidding).

I also found my girlfriend the organic way here in Chicago through a young adults group, although online dating is really good in Chicago too. I did it for a while and met lots of nice women, but it’s just awkward for me and I prefer meeting women in person.
I agree with the organic approach. Meeting women in DC in person really isn't difficult even though everyone seems to be on apps. The downfall is, even when you meet them, it tends to go nowhere. Meetup groups are a big thing in DC (the largest 2 groups have shut down I believe as the organizer, JT, stepped down), Embassy events can be ok but usually the women are young and in small groups, and the International Club of DC has a lot of snotty people in it and the events tend to suck. I've found I met the best women at Barcelona Wine Bar in Logan Circle and went to some Latino happy hour that happens monthly with the Latino Professionals group in DC. I found the women to be very attractive and nice for the most part. Other than that, the quantity of single women in DC is great but the quality is horrible if you're looking for a mature woman who is looking for a long term relationship. I never really ran into the women that most men complaint about that want 10's because they went to a good school and now have good jobs. It's more just cold people in general. Women in DC tend to have small groups of friends (mostly all female) and their schedules consist of work and hanging out with this small group of friends with occasional app dates (usually just 1). It's truly a lonely city full of eligible singles. It sucks. I'd return now that I have a gf. As a single person, only if I was interested in just getting laid and nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: