Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:03 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,466,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
It's kind of pricey. We got a lunch special that was a burger, fries and drink for $9. It is a little more than Five Guys. Here's the site:

BGR The Burger Joint
That's an excellent price considering you had a burger, fries, and a drink, think of it this way, Rays to the Third cost me like $24, 25 for a burger, SHARED fries, and a drink. Five Guys cost $10.32 without a drink, so BGR is priced decently but then again I always get a bacon burger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,037,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
That's an excellent price considering you had a burger, fries, and a drink, think of it this way, Rays to the Third cost me like $24, 25 for a burger, SHARED fries, and a drink. Five Guys cost $10.32 without a drink, so BGR is priced decently but then again I always get a bacon burger.
Yeah I plan on trying Rays soon. Looks like I need to save some money.

To me it was higher than some other places. I went to Elevation Burger recently got virtually the same thing except I got a Milk Shake instead of a fountain drink and the cost was the same. Elevation Burger was probably the most already of all the places I have been to so BGR surpassed that.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Yeah I plan on trying Rays soon. Looks like I need to save some money.

To me it was higher than some other places. I went to Elevation Burger recently got virtually the same thing except I got a Milk Shake instead of a fountain drink and the cost was the same. Elevation Burger was probably the most already of all the places I have been to so BGR surpassed that.
Honestly, I wouldn't suggest Rays especially considering your budget; I was sort of forced into paying that much, I didn't intend on spend $24 on a burger (that included a $5 tip by the way); I literally came with $20 in my wallet and I expected to have like $7 left over but at the end of the day I had to use my AMEX to pay so that's just a short tale of why I spent that much. Another thing about the pricing was that I got a larger-size burger, they have "Little Devil" or "Big Devil" and the Big Devil is like $14.00 if I'm not mistaken, the Little Devil is $11.99. I don't know how large the "Little Devil" looks considering everyone in my party had Big Devils, but nonetheless it is large enough to take home. One last thing, you have unlimited fries as well but we only had one plate full and half a plate; so hopefully this is all informative, just be prepared to shell out some cash especially since you're with your wife if you go.

Still talking about Rays, the burgers are good, but not good enough to make me go there over and over again; its a special occasion type of place if you ask me. I think they serve steaks and what not there as well so it isn't some Five Guys, or a hole in the wall type of place. I honestly was embarrassed by the way I was dressed since I was dressed like an average DC teenager while everyone else was dressed in work attire/business casual. But anyways, if you decide to go tell me what you ended up having and enjoy it!

And was BGR better than Elevation Burger? I honestly disliked Elevation Burger when it tried it.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:39 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,037,158 times
Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't suggest Rays especially considering your budget; I was sort of forced into paying that much, I didn't intend on spend $24 on a burger (that included a $5 tip by the way); I literally came with $20 in my wallet and I expected to have like $7 left over but at the end of the day I had to use my AMEX to pay so that's just a short tale of why I spent that much. Another thing about the pricing was that I got a larger-size burger, they have "Little Devil" or "Big Devil" and the Big Devil is like $14.00 if I'm not mistaken, the Little Devil is $11.99. I don't know how large the "Little Devil" looks considering everyone in my party had Big Devils, but nonetheless it is large enough to take home. One last thing, you have unlimited fries as well but we only had one plate full and half a plate; so hopefully this is all informative, just be prepared to shell out some cash especially since you're with your wife if you go.

Still talking about Rays, the burgers are good, but not good enough to make me go there over and over again; its a special occasion type of place if you ask me. I think they serve steaks and what not there as well so it isn't some Five Guys, or a hole in the wall type of place. I honestly was embarrassed by the way I was dressed since I was dressed like an average DC teenager while everyone else was dressed in work attire/business casual. But anyways, if you decide to go tell me what you ended up having and enjoy it!

And was BGR better than Elevation Burger? I honestly disliked Elevation Burger when it tried it.
Yeah I think BGR was better than Elevation Burger. I think their burger had more flavor, was juicer and had more meat. Elevation Burger has the best cheese by far though and they have more toppings. BGR needs to get more toppings on their menu.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:15 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,370,105 times
Quote:

Not sure what you ordered at Rays but $24 sounds excessive for a burger fries and drink. I usually avg about $16 for all three items (Big Punisher and Jack Zing are my favorites)

Then again I havent been to Rays in two, three months so they might have raised the prices

Old 08-04-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Not sure what you ordered at Rays but $24 sounds excessive for a burger fries and drink. I usually avg about $16 for all three items (Big Punisher and Jack Zing are my favorites)

Then again I havent been to Rays in two, three months so they might have raised the prices
Just checked my AMEX transaction history and it said $24.24, I know I tipped $5 so without the tip it was $19.24. I believe I had the Big Punisher as well, or at least it was an option; the burger itself was $13.99 as a Big Devil so maybe you get a different size than I do?

Quote:
Yeah I think BGR was better than Elevation Burger. I think their burger had more flavor, was juicer and had more meat. Elevation Burger has the best cheese by far though and they have more toppings. BGR needs to get more toppings on their menu.
Great, well I intend on going there this upcoming Friday since my schedule is full all other days. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 11-27-2014, 09:38 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,257,239 times
Zenebach Injera in Shaw and Tico in U Street are really delicious and very reasonably priced

Old 12-04-2014, 04:29 PM

707 posts, read 1,415,227 times
I just went to BGR today in Springfield and I have to say the burger was very tasty, seeing that I am a big
fan of Elevation I was pleasantly surprised. I have to say that I like Elevations fries cooked in Olive oil better
than the fries at BGR, didn't really care for their fries at all to be honest.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:03 PM

50 posts, read 122,952 times
If it hasn't already been mentioned, the Americain burger at Le Diplomate is fantastic.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:24 PM

59,540 posts, read 27,685,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie Beanie View Post
Have you not yet tried Five Guys Burgers & Fries? It's a local chain now spreading throughout the country and they make an excellent, juicy burger. Very, very good!
I don't like Five Guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: