Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 06:06 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
No one owes you an apology.

Aren't you among the riders that are mentally ill, disgusting pigs, sexual predators and completely unmanageable.... Not only that, you were so desperate to rely on that system that you rode it regularly during the height of a global pandemic. Did you lose your license? Can you not afford a car? What's the deal?
My deal is none of your damn business and your attempt to put me down when you're completely ignorant of my situation is beyond hilarious. Maybe I'm handicapped and unable to drive. Ever think of that? Your schtick is way past due. Honestly, the answer to everything for you is, "don't ride it then" when you have no idea what you're talking about. Don't tell me I shouldn't ride Metro, because I think it sucks. I want to see Metro fixed.

This thread exploded because of people like you that think my opinion is invalid. Get use to it. Also, my request for an apology was tongue and cheek, since I know people like you are incapable of such behavior.

Why don't you go back to listing why Metro is so great.

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 11-03-2021 at 07:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 08:24 PM

211 posts, read 238,091 times
I’ve been using the Red Line. Still works good, though the cars in use are old.

Old 11-04-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCarea View Post
I’ve been using the Red Line. Still works good, though the cars in use are old.
You're lucky that your trains are running every 15 minutes versus 30 to 40 for me on the Silver Line.

Old 11-04-2021, 08:15 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,393,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
It's final, WMATA leadership, system and culture is a complete and utter mess. There are riders of the Metro that are seriously mentally ill, disgusting pigs, sexual predators and completely unmanageable by rules no matter how many you make. The DC Metro is not amazing, it's not good, it's not even decent. It is a POS. There are people in this thread that owe me an apology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
My deal is none of your damn business and your attempt to put me down when you're completely ignorant of my situation is beyond hilarious. Maybe I'm handicapped and unable to drive. Ever think of that?
You literally take pictures of people and you constantly degrade other riders of metro not knowing their backgrounds. So I'm not going to pity you over your hypothetically being/potentially being handicap.

Old 11-04-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
You literally take pictures of people and you constantly degrade other riders of metro not knowing their backgrounds. So I'm not going to pity you over your hypothetically being/potentially being handicap.
You know nothing about me or my situation. When I post a picture of someone on the Metro breaking a rule(s) I know that they broke the rule(s) and therefore know that fact about them.

You make zero sense. I'm done with you and your nonsense.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:11 AM

I'm actually excited about this WMATA news:

Silver Line extension to Dulles inches closer to completion after years of delay

It'll be awesome for my wife and me, because we can park at the Wiehle-Reston East station and then ride one station to the airport. We'll only have to pay for one night of parking in an overnight parking sport at the station no matter how long we're gone for.

Quote:
The decades-long effort to extend Metrorail service to Dulles International Airport and into Loudoun County moved another step closer to reality on Thursday.

The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority said work on the rail line is “substantially complete,” a designation indicating that portion of the project is ready for Metro to begin testing. Construction continues on a second element of the project — a rail yard near the airport — and it wasn’t clear Thursday when the extension might open for customers.

The announcement is a major step forward for the $2.8 billion second phase of the Silver Line, which originally was scheduled to be completed in July 2018. MWAA had announced in March it would reach substantial completion by Labor Day, only to backtrack on the date — the latest in a string of delays and cost overruns that have plagued the project for years.

“This is a significant step toward completing the 11.5-mile extension that will provide rail service for residents in Reston, Herndon and eastern Loudoun County and give Metro riders direct access to Dulles Airport,” Jack Potter, MWAA’s president and chief executive, said in a statement.

Despite Thursday’s announcement, it’s not known when rail customers could begin boarding trains. MWAA is overseeing the project’s construction, but Metro eventually will operate the line.

Silver Line's second phase encounters bumps on the road to completion

Metro can begin some testing, but other pre-service evaluations can’t start until work on the rail yard is complete. According to the rail yard project’s most recent monthly update, the estimated timeline for completion is February 2022.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:29 PM

322 posts, read 275,793 times
at this point I don't think anyone even cares about the silver line going to Dulles - people are bailing on metro, and they won't be back

Old 11-06-2021, 06:32 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,663,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeganGrimes View Post
at this point I don't think anyone even cares about the silver line going to Dulles - people are bailing on metro, and they won't be back
Kinda doubting this one.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:36 AM

211 posts, read 238,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeganGrimes View Post
I care. I would rather Metro to Dulles than drive. My car doesn’t leave the garage 29 days of each month.

Old 11-07-2021, 08:02 AM

6,791 posts, read 4,236,377 times
Well, the simple reality is that the shift to WFH - whether partial or entirely - has naturally reduced the number of necessary Metro trips. Even someone who is fine with Metro isn't just going to take it for the hell of it. If you only have to go into the office 8 times a month rather than 20 times a month that's a 60% reduction in trips for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC