Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 09:08 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times

Advertisements

Another Good site to get lots of data plotted onto a map. I think was posted already.

ESRL : PSD : Daily Climate Composites

Choose your variable. I chose Temps at the surface.
Choose the Dates. I chose Feb 1-24, 2015
Choose plot type, I chose Anomaly
Choose the region, I chose US

Result looks like this, I'll call this the History Blob

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 08:45 AM

If you guys want to get these awesome temp graphics like this that shows actual max/mins, extremes and normals...

Very simple... Go to this site, pick your local forecasting office, and follow my circles here.

SERCC NOAA NOWData

Old 06-01-2015, 04:50 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,969,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
In case you haven't noticed yet. NOAA has done an AWESOME just at revamping the climate section. Now available with each NWS Office. They added the "NowData" section.
Is it possible to download NowData results? I would like to download all daily temperature and precipitation records from KRDU for the past several decades and do more in-depth statistical analysis on them in an Excel file, but I'm not sure how to do it. Is there an easy way to do this?

Old 06-01-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
Is it possible to download NowData results? I would like to download all daily temperature and precipitation records from KRDU for the past several decades and do more in-depth statistical analysis on them in an Excel file, but I'm not sure how to do it. Is there an easy way to do this?
I dont think there's an easy way to do that unless you contact them and they send you each file to download. You have to manually copy and paste the daily/monthly data into excel.

I did this for BDR. It takes some time but well worth it. Easy to look back on and sort the way you want,

Try this...

http://www.wunderground.com/history/....html?format=1

Copy and paste it all into excel. (Im sure you know how to separate the cells?)
Just change the year and month in the link.
Create tabs for each year. Copy and past all months into the separate years.

Just double check the data once in a while... I found a couple of errors and something tells me these guys don't follow up on updates and change their own source. But it's easy to copy and paste all data.

Best source is NowData but will take more time to copy and paste.

Or like I said.. maybe contact them and ask. You might have to pay a fee but might be worth it.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:41 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,275,292 times
Great source for climate normals around the world. Unfortunately, there is a lot of missing data and it is from 1961-1990.

https://www.wmo.int/cpdb/data/membersandterritories

Old 07-05-2015, 07:00 PM

Also on the WMO website. Search for a location and it shows the forecast and averages at the same time.

World Weather Information Service - Home

Old 07-11-2015, 07:07 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
Most NowData station records are available on the NCDC; the OP has instructions on how to retrieve data from the NCDC.

For example, I downloaded the entire station history of BDR (among others) to a csv file, which can be opened by Excel or read a computer script.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:05 PM

Any easy way to view climate normals by map...shows the basics (max and min temp and precipitation).

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mark...mals.2010.html

Old 08-11-2015, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 10,692 times
oh!!god

Old 08-11-2015, 10:49 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,448,329 times
I noticed several pages on NCDC have slight differences from what is shown on NOWData for 1981-2010. Why is it different and which is more trustworthy?

ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/nor...20.normals.txt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather