Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 AM

713 posts, read 1,846,199 times
For concerts check pollstar.com. It has a great list of upcoming shows. Be sure and check the box to the right to select all other surrounding cities.

Albuquerque Concert Schedule - Pollstar -- The Concert Hotwire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:11 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,742,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancineFishpaw View Post
I am pretty new to this forum - nice to see there are some Brits in ABQ. My husband and I are moving to Albuquerque in about 3 weeks - we are pretty excited, as it's a beautiful place with near-perfect weather. Are there any "British/UK themed" events or groups there?
Where are you moving from? Are you buying?

I don't know of any groups or events in town, but there a several fellow Brits. Violent Cello is also a Brit.

Are either of you football fans? There seems to be a slew of Chelsea (bandwagon) fans over the past few years and during the season there a couple of good places to go to watch the Champions League games.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 AM

599 posts, read 5,730,812 times
Hi, and thanks for all the replies. Sorry I haven't answered back earlier, but I have been fed up with visa and embassy stuff, which made me want to hide from the world for a while. Now, when I don't have to fight with the embassy anymore, I remembered that I had posted at the forum

Anyhow, here is some more info about me.
- I'm staying for 6 months, and I arrive the 9th of July
- I like art, movies, museums, hiking, strolling, exercising (mainly horseback riding and kick-boxing)
- I'm not too excited about shopping
- I like adventures
- I like music and concerts
- I will be using my legs or a car as transport while in ABQ

In short - I like most things, and I'm quite easy to amuse

I would like to go to a few concerts, but I have a feeling that my music taste is not so well represented in Albuquerque. Concerts with German synthpop (or what you Americans would classify as Goth) bands, anyone? I guess not.

Poncho_NM and loborick - Thanks for the links, I will have a look at them.

Best,
joox

Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 AM

Poncho_NM - I guess that I just showed exactly how confused and stressed I am at the moment. I didn't realize that I had asked the question before. How could I forget all the good advise I got last time?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:42 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joox View Post
Poncho_NM - I guess that I just showed exactly how confused and stressed I am at the moment. I didn't realize that I had asked the question before. How could I forget all the good advise I got last time?
Hehehe...

Yes, stress will do that. You need a vacation! A shot of New Mexico might fix that.

Rich

Old 09-08-2009, 03:33 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Hey man, I'm an Albuquerquian living in Upplands Vasby Sweden.

I'll tell you some of the things that I miss in Albuquereque

Frontier Restaurant and a Frontier Burrito.

YouTube - Frontier Burrito

Going to see shows at the Launchpad. Especially Icky and the Yucks!
The Launchpad in Albuquerque New Mexico

The Balloon Fiesta should be coming up
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta | Mass Happiness

Albuquerque Isotopes Baseball (you'll have to wait till next year, though I'm going to a baseball game in Sundbyberg tomorrow :0)
Albuquerque Isotopes: Home

A UNM Lobo Football, er, American Football game
The University of New Mexico Official Athletic Site

Mountain Bike riding in the Sandia Foothills.

Riding the Tram
Sandia Peak Tramway

Frisbee Golf at Roosevelt Park
Roosevelt Park - City of Albuquerque

Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 PM

Filihok - How did you end up in Upplandsväsby? Whatever the reason, I really hope you enjoy your stay.

I'm most certainly enjoying being in Albuquerque. I have been here for 2.5 months now, and I must say that the city surprised me - in a good way. I like the friendly atmosphere and the climate, and of course the chili. It took me a while to get used to it, but I must confess that I have some cravings for Bob's burger.

Last week my dad was here to visit me and we did a whole lot of sightseeing.
- Turquoise trail
- Bandelier
- Acoma
- Tent Rocks
- Sandia Crest
- Dinner at Sandia Peak

Tomorrow my boyfriend arrives to Albuquerque. We'll do some more distant sightseeing such as Grand Canyon, and maybe Vegas.

If anyone wants to see what I have been up to - and practice some Swedish - feel free to have a look at my travel blog. (Mitt liv i Albuqeruque)

Old 09-09-2009, 11:07 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
If anyone wants to see what I have been up to - and practice some Swedish - feel free to have a look at my travel blog. (Mitt liv i Albuqeruque)
Ahhh...nu jag är hemsjuk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joox View Post
Filihok - How did you end up in Upplandsväsby? Whatever the reason, I really hope you enjoy your stay.
My Danish girlfriend is finishing her PhD at Karolinska. We (cross fingers) should be done beginning of December.

Stockholm is a nice city as well. Beautiful. I'm afraid of this winter though. 6 hours a day of sunlight, isn't too much fun.

Quote:
Last week my dad was here to visit me and we did a whole lot of sightseeing.
- Turquoise trail
- Bandelier
- Acoma
- Tent Rocks
- Sandia Crest
- Dinner at Sandia Peak

Tomorrow my boyfriend arrives to Albuquerque. We'll do some more distant sightseeing such as Grand Canyon, and maybe Vegas.
If you are driving I'd recommend a day trip to the Petrified Forest in Arizona.
Petrified Forest National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM

Filihok - Jag kan förstå att du har hemlängtan!

I'm from Gothenburg (Göteborg) where it rains sideways most of the year. The dry climate in Albuquerque suits me perfectly! The benefit of living on the west coast of Sweden, compared to the east coast and Stockholm, is that the winters doesn't get that cold - it just rains instead. You should still have some opportunity of really good weather though. The winter usually hits Sweden's coast lines in January-February.

...about the time I'll be back home, unfortunately. Really bad planning on my part.

The darkness is not too bad. It will of course feel harsh when the only chance of daylight is when one is at the office, but fall and winter could also be very nice in Sweden, with all street lights outside and candles & fires indoors.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:55 AM

7 posts, read 11,599 times
Default outdoor things to do

hi, I will be moving to Albuquerque in a couple of months. I hike a lot with my dog , sometimes alone. I am a female so I would like to know if its relatively safe to do this there? Are there trails that are suited for dogs?
I also have a road bike. Are there places to ride? Kayak? Are there any hiking clubs or outdoor activity clubs in the area? I find these are good groups to know people and the area. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque