Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 03:44 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times

Advertisements

The drawback is that grape juice, like most fruit juices, sharply raises your blood sugar and keeps it elevated for a long time. Cancer cells are more sensitive to insulin than regular cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 03:54 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The drawback is that grape juice, like most fruit juices, sharply raises your blood sugar and keeps it elevated for a long time. Cancer cells are more sensitive to insulin than regular cells.
Why grape juice is mentioned I don't know and I don't drink it but one can probably find a more bitter grape juice is they looked. You know what my favorite grape is. Same with wine which is from the grape but it's high in sugar.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:38 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
Did you start another thread somewhere on this which is why you said about other posters? I looked up the threads you've started & I didn't see anything anywhere else on this topic.

I take resveratrol as it is myself!

Grape juice itself though is quite sweet & I was diagnosed w/ pre-diabetes, so don't need that.

Old 07-08-2018, 08:30 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,071 times
For decades I've been wolfing down grapes five days a week but they are seedless red grapes. Everyone here is horny for grape seeds so I guess I cannot join the club.

I don't care if they're healthful or not. I like them.

Old 07-08-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
For decades I've been wolfing down grapes five days a week but they are seedless red grapes. Everyone here is horny for grape seeds so I guess I cannot join the club.

Good, they could be helping you. The seeds are the real powerhouse antioxidant. Wolfing down a lot could mess with blood sugar. Back in the 80's before I knew the value of the "seeds" a coworker would sit at his desk and eat grapes with seeds a lot of the day. Grapes still have not been de-seeded. This is before this grape supp was brought to us from France which was about the mid 90's.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:23 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There are many pathways on the road to Health and Wellness and I feel strongly about what I do. I believe my mother got me thinking firstly over 70 yrs ago with her prevention thinking. And then when I met a couple of like minded friends and that was about 25 yrs ago. And it's such a high event when a piece of the puzzle is found. Thanks.

First off Jamin - I have started taking grape seed extract thanks to you. The problem with alternative medicine for a lot of people is that insurance doesn't pay for it or supplements and some people just can't afford these treatments which is a damn shame. If it's my body and if I'm paying for insurance I should be able to decide what sort of treatment I want to have. I hate insurance companies. They are all about profit for their stockholders.

I'm a firm believer of trying the natural way first whether it is for stomach ailments, fibromyalgia, depression, etc. I have a book called "The Nutritional Handbook for Healing" and I turn to it before I make a doctor's appointment in most cases.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
First off Jamin - I have started taking grape seed extract thanks to you. The problem with alternative medicine for a lot of people is that insurance doesn't pay for it or supplements and some people just can't afford these treatments which is a damn shame. If it's my body and if I'm paying for insurance I should be able to decide what sort of treatment I want to have. I hate insurance companies. They are all about profit for their stockholders.

I'm a firm believer of trying the natural way first whether it is for stomach ailments, fibromyalgia, depression, etc. I have a book called "The Nutritional Handbook for Healing" and I turn to it before I make a doctor's appointment in most cases.
It's pharma, they control it all, insurance, doctors etc,..they don't want people to be well and NOT need their drugs.

It's true many can't afford alternatives like grape seed ex but for me and so many I know, this is #1 for our good health.

My neighbor could do so much better with grape seed ex but she can't afford it. I've even considered buying it for her but I'm not rich. Have to watch out for myself as I age, don't bring anymore money into my life...

But I don't spend on STUFF that does me no good. So we have to make tradeoffs. Today people don't think twice about all they spend on technology..not ME.

I'm holding out of insurance to pay for SOME PRP/Stem Cell treatments and so far they don't. But they will pay for invasive surgeries and drugs. And these treatments are pricey. But they can work for all I've experienced and read and hear from others.

Bottom line and I've said this for years, medical world needs people to be sick and beholden to their drugs.

On books, for me it was finding and devouring The Medical Mafia written by a canadian doctor who lost her medical license due to this exposure, this was in the early 80's, I cherish this book and it got me on my path of healing and helping as many as I touched. Since then there are so many books published of this nature.

Hope you are noticing a "shift" taking the Grape Seed Ex. jam

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-09-2018 at 10:30 AM..

Old 07-10-2018, 06:12 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
I haven't been taking it long enough I don't think to start seeing results. However I was around two sick people recently and didn't catch whatever it was they had.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post

You're good, IMO. You're getting resveratrol from the skins and many other health benefits by eating them than you get from an industrialized seed extract.

Old 07-10-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I haven't been taking it long enough I don't think to start seeing results. However I was around two sick people recently and didn't catch whatever it was they had.
For me it was about instant as I had chronic allergy/sinus issues and took otc drugs and then in about 4 days after taking pycnogenol which I started with and this led me to grape seed extract, I found instant relief.

I also was the sore throat queen, been sore throat free for decades since these antioxidants. That says something, no?

And it takes time to realize the subtle changes, like gum health and eye health. Everyone around me has gone thru cataract surgeries and not me. And I don't think I ever will as I don't plan to stop this antioxidant. My neighbor is now struggling with a botched cataract surgery after a year and she's waiting to get out of Kaiser and get to a quality eye surgeon to hopefully get the eye fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine