Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 11:42 AM

29,259 posts, read 16,890,445 times

Advertisements

foodsthatfightcancer_grapes_and_grape_juice | American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR)

Just do a search on grape and cancers

And many links come up.

So many non believers and naysayers around here, it's truly amazing. So many tightly closed minds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 12:08 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,158,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
foodsthatfightcancer_grapes_and_grape_juice | American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR)

Just do a search on grape and cancers

And many links come up.

So many non believers and naysayers around here, it's truly amazing. So many tightly closed minds...
True, and you are brave to go on the regular medicine thread and tout the benefits of GSE! After reading some of the responses, I was amazed how rude some people are. You have every right to voice your opinion on a public forum without getting shouted down.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:35 PM

689 posts, read 979,053 times
Totally agree with your post! And, ironically, the rudest posters are the least informed. I am always amazed at Jam’s continued resilience against these insults and her ongoing commitment to sharing information.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
True, and you are brave to go on the regular medicine thread and tout the benefits of GSE! After reading some of the responses, I was amazed how rude some people are. You have every right to voice your opinion on a public forum without getting shouted down.
There are many pathways on the road to Health and Wellness and I feel strongly about what I do. I believe my mother got me thinking firstly over 70 yrs ago with her prevention thinking. And then when I met a couple of like minded friends and that was about 25 yrs ago. And it's such a high event when a piece of the puzzle is found. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
Totally agree with your post! And, ironically, the rudest posters are the least informed. I am always amazed at Jam’s continued resilience against these insults and her ongoing commitment to sharing information.

Yes, Jam is trying to get the word out, but some people think shutting her up by insulting her is the best way to go. We should be discussing and sharing valuable information instead of insults.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
If I didn't feel so strongly, I'd have run away months ago. Thanks Layla....J

Old 07-08-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
There are many pathways on the road to Health and Wellness and I feel strongly about what I do. I believe my mother got me thinking firstly over 70 yrs ago with her prevention thinking. And then when I met a couple of like minded friends and that was about 25 yrs ago. And it's such a high event when a piece of the puzzle is found. Thanks.
Absolutely there are different pathways to health. Your mom sounds as though she was ahead of her time, or maybe folks had more common sense. The last large company that I worked for, I’d take calls from folks looking for health insurance. Over the years, a surprising number would tell me how they had alternative treatment that cured their cancer and other debilitating diseases. This isin’t mainstream medicine, but these people got cured just the same. The people who close their minds to anything but mainstream medicine, may be doing themselves a disservice when it comes to getting well.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Absolutely there are different pathways to health. Your mom sounds as though she was ahead of her time, or maybe folks had more common sense. The last large company that I worked for, I’d take calls from folks looking for health insurance. Over the years, a surprising number would tell me how they had alternative treatment that cured their cancer and other debilitating diseases. This isin’t mainstream medicine, but these people got cured just the same. The people who close their minds to anything but mainstream medicine, may be doing themselves a disservice when it comes to getting well.
There are actually were people in my life that I tried my best to give them guidance with their cancers and my sister with MS but they didn't listen. They are gone.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
There are actually were people in my life that I tried my best to give them guidance with their cancers and my sister with MS but they didn't listen. They are gone.
I’m sorry to hear that. These days there are a number of natural healing facilities, insurance even covers some of them, depending on what kind of coverage you have. There is no reason not to look into what’s out there. I have a friend with MS, but she is not the type to consider anything but her mainstream medicine.

If it were me with a chronic disease, I’d be reading up on it and checking out all the alternatives. Why not increase your chances instead of putting all your eggs in one basket? The way some of these people carry on about natural healing, you’d think the healers were Witch Dr’s instead of people who either have a medical degree or studied for many years.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I’m sorry to hear that. These days there are a number of natural healing facilities, insurance even covers some of them, depending on what kind of coverage you have. There is no reason not to look into what’s out there. I have a friend with MS, but she is not the type to consider anything but her mainstream medicine.

If it were me with a chronic disease, I’d be reading up on it and checking out all the alternatives. Why not increase your chances instead of putting all your eggs in one basket? The way some of these people carry on about natural healing, you’d think the healers were Witch Dr’s instead of people who either have a medical degree or studied for many years.
Oh I agree, I'd be working with everything. I even directed her toward LDN which is a pharma (Cheap) drug that many on MS groups use and it helps with their MS. She would NOT go there. Sadly the MD's only pushed PRICEY drugs in her. When I think of how costly all her drugs were and she's not here anymore in spite of them...maybe -- wonder why? It's a terrible disease but I also have a local friend who takes LDN and has gone to Dominican Republic for stem cells. She still does pretty well considering. j

Maybe mention LDN to your friend..or direct to LDN MS group. Also sugars/carbs are toxic to the body with MS and in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine