Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:07 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Aren't you kinda stretching a few sentiments, that some pilots are prone to infidelity, to all men are unfaithful dogs?

You need a parachute with the leap of logic.
Not I, no. That was irritation and not a little sarcasm aimed at those who do seem to think that men will cheat more often than not given the chance. What were your words? Let me quote you "They also seem to be prone to infidelity due to how easy is for them." Your words Mikala. It grows tiresome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 05:15 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Not I, no. That was irritation and not a little sarcasm aimed at those who do seem to think that men will cheat more often than not given the chance. What were your words? Let me quote you "They also seem to be prone to infidelity due to how easy is for them." Your words Mikala. It grows tiresome.
It's guys I KNOW, It's what THEY talk about!

I date a guy who is air crew (thus, my exposure to the pilots, who talk a LOT about fooling around), so obviously I don't paint with a broadbrush. But when I bunch of guys brag about their conquests, I believe them.

Take some B12, it will help with your fatigue.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:25 PM

Fatigue and tiresome are in no way related insofar as the context I used the word. If a man were here saying "Housewives are prone to cheating because they are home alone all day" there would be no end to the ladies taking the comment to task. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. You want to say men are prone to cheating if it is easy for them then you need to be prepared to have the comment called out. Not that you were in any way alone, there are a good number of other similar comments that preceded yours and my comments apply to all of them, not just yours.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Fatigue and tiresome are in no way related insofar as the context I used the word. If a man were here saying "Housewives are prone to cheating because they are home alone all day" there would be no end to the ladies taking the comment to task. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. You want to say men are prone to cheating if it is easy for them then you need to be prepared to have the comment called out. Not that you were in any way alone, there are a good number of other similar comments that preceded yours and my comments apply to all of them, not just yours.
I stated that I think (in general) that pilots are prone to infidelity.... because of first hand experience with about 20 of them doing it and talking about it. I'm not saying they ALL do it.

BY ANY CHANCE ARE YOU EVEN AWARE THAT WOMEN CAN BE PILOTS TOO?! Two of the group I am referring to are women. A LOT more counting crew.

I'm not attacking a gender. I am stating that from my experience, pilots are probably one of the more unfaithful bunches, though I know some that I'm pretty sure don't fool around. I think it's a combination of distance (less chance getting caught), the coolness factor with opposite gender, the confidence needed to be a pilot.

I read a study that there is increased infidelity among those that travel a lot for business too. Men AND women, before you're tightie whities get in a bunch.

Seems like you're looking to take offense.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:42 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
For the past month, I have been dating a commercial pilot. He has been totally wonderful. He sends me a text every morning, we see each other at least twice a week and he calls and texts when he is away. He is a divorced dad and takes great care of his kids. Today he brought me lunch and an ace bandage because I injured my foot. After wrapping it up for me, he got ready to leave and said, "thank you for coming into my life."

Ego? No. Compassion, tenderness and responsibility? Yes!

I say go for it! Good luck and have fun!

Old 11-18-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm not attacking a gender.

Seems like you're looking to take offense.
Seems like your backpedaling, fast. Your previous comments made mention of men several times but not women until your last. I don't have anything to add so the last word is yours.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Seems like your backpedaling, fast. Your previous comments made mention of men several times but not women until your last. I don't have anything to add so the last word is yours.
Wait a second, I just read through about 4 or 5 of my posts, and referenced pilots NOT gender.

But the fact that I use the term pilots and NOT men, should give you some indication.

You are way off base, I don't dislike men, and I don't think they are dogs. My opinion of pilots in general is different. Overall I find them to be dogs.

Corrected: I read through ALL of my posts and I NEVER said men, EXCEPT in the post above. That's because I was talking about the guys who openly talk of their exploits, the women don't, they are talked about. Basically the women don't brag, when they are fooling around the others talk about it. They don't seem to fool around as randomly, it's usually with other pilots or crew.

But you jumped on the erroneous assumption that I was male bashing BEFORE I EVER used the word "guy".

Which seems to indicate that it never crossed your mind that a woman could be a pilot? Hmmmmm....

I swear, the men around here are either constantly complaining or jumping to conclusions. Such delicate little feelings they have.

Last edited by Mikala43; 11-18-2011 at 06:20 PM..

Old 11-18-2011, 06:00 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,440 times
The stories I've heard of male pilots who cheated on their wives were because their wives were no longer interested in being sexy and having a fulfilling sex life with their husband. Why would someone dress frumpy, pay more attention to the kids, pass on the sex, and then send their ego driven husband off on a several day trip with other women who may be angling for a new husband. It may very well be the only difference between pilots and other men is opportunity.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:15 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
Let's face it, do we want someone with confidence issues, low self esteem and trouble making decisions operating an airplane?
!

Good point, but overconfidence can kill you as well.

Anyhow, being a guy, I think these guys are just cocky because they are able to operate such sophisticated machinery.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
The stories I've heard of male pilots who cheated on their wives were because their wives were no longer interested in being sexy and having a fulfilling sex life with their husband. Why would someone dress frumpy, pay more attention to the kids, pass on the sex, and then send their ego driven husband off on a several day trip with other women who may be angling for a new husband. It may very well be the only difference between pilots and other men is opportunity.

True, there is always 2 sides to a story. The fact is, for many women, once they get married, many of them change.

They change into women who wear sweatpants all the time, don't cook or clean, and refuse sex unless they want a baby. This is why men down through the ages had other women on the side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation